Rickap7

Range question

Has anyone shot at Shore Shot Pistol Range in Lakewood?

They have a deal right now on membership and was wondering how it was being no range I can find is open.

Was wondering how it was and worth a membership.

I live in Monmouth county

Thank for any info positive and negative.

Did you look at Central Jersey (AKA Jackson) or Old Bridge R&PC? I prefer private ranges over any that allow the public to use, feel much safer at those types of ranges. Too many morons out there and the RO's can't be at each port.......... I have shot at both in the Lakewood area, but joined OBR&PC club and liked it there.

• Agree 3

I've been to Shore Shot a few times. Every time I went there, I got sick that night or the day after and took 3-4 days to recover. Almost like flu symptoms. I'm thinking Garden State will be the same. That's why I'm joining Range 14.. Quite a drive for me and you need to go a few times a year for the (now $70/yr) membership to pay for itself, but hopefully I won't get sick any more.

12 hours ago, Dave Archibald said:

Last time I went to sureshot was in 2006. Tiny was still alive. Nice guy, rest were assholes! Especially billy!  I joined central and have not looked back. Garand matches sanctioned by CMP, get to buy direct! Range 14 is better than commercial ranges, but there are other options. 

I bought two revolvers from Tiny (and Tiny he wasn't!). I bought a S&W 610 10mm which all my shooting friends want me to sell to them, and a run of the mill S&W 625 (post lock). He had his own private gun safe in the store. If my pockets were deeper he had a few others I wanted but no money.......... He was a nice guy, told me his wife was a doctor and made good money so he collected S&W revolvers. He was selling some at the time to fund more stuff for his motorcycle. 

This is a question for @Pizza Bob, but did people take the 610 and convert it into a 41 Magnum? Tiny may have mentioned that to me. I am thinking he had two S&W610's but they were different calibers. I could be wrong, that was years ago.

33 minutes ago, M4BGRINGO said:

This is a question for @Pizza Bob, but did people take the 610 and convert it into a 41 Magnum? Tiny may have mentioned that to me. I am thinking he had two S&W610's but they were different calibers. I could be wrong, that was years ago.

Not to say that someone would not have done that, but it is unlikely. There was never really a shortage of Model 57's and there were, at times, high demand for 610's. IIRC, Smith discontinued the 610 and resurrected it at least twice. Today may be a different story, since the 57/657 are long gone (although there is a 57 Classic) and the 610's have once again been resurrected.

Adios,

Pizza Bob