Just got a P320x Compact and being ranges are STILL closed I figured it was a good time to ask.

What kind of cleaning equipment should I start to look to buy?

I want to keep her clean once I can use it.

Thank you for info

• Like 1

Any cleaning kit will work.  As long as they have a brush, a mop and the push rods, you're good to go.  You can usually get a decent one on Ebay for like $20.

You will probably go through a bunch of different sprays and lubes.   I like G96 gun treatment because it smells decent, almost like bubble gum.   A can lasts me a LONG time and when I clean, I clean 6+ at a time.

That said, no sense cleaning your gun after every range trip.  A rem oil/g96 wipe down for the slide is enough most of the time.   I think people obsess about cleaning and if your gun needs cleaned constantly to run right, maybe get a different gun ;).

If you run corrosive ammo, that's a different animal and when I run corrosive, I windex at the range and thorough cleaning when I get home.

My poor P30, I've had it 11 years now.  I'm probably on my 6th detailed cleaning and it's run probably 5 to 7k rounds(I lost track around 3k).    It just doesn't make any difference to the gun but when I notice buildup on the feed ramp, I clean it. 

Good choice!

i typically use a bore snake, balistol, and tremendous amount of q tips. Occasionally I’ll run a rod and patch or brush through. Actually I think I’ve done it once in the 3k rounds I have through the full-size..

I used to be good about cleaning, now it’s like a couple of range trips or a large round count day

My theory is if I clean it often the cleanings will be faster and I'll also catch something that doesn't look right sooner. That means I clean after nearly every use. If I only ran 50 or so rounds I might skip the cleaning that time. 200+ or a competition and it gets a cleaning.

I run a bore snake that's been saturated with cleaner through the barrel a few times, then a few clean patches. Outside of the barrel, slide and frame/FCU get wiped down with patches and cleaner as much as possible without removing the FCU from the frame. Few drops of lube at the wear points and I call it a day.

Magazines will get taken apart and cleaned only when they've been in the dirt from a competition.

And I always field strip, clean & lube a new firearm before shooting it.

The world of firearms owners seems to be divided almost equally between those who love cleaning their guns, and do so after every range trip, to those who only clean them grudgingly after several or more trips.  I must confess that I fall into the latter group. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

The world of firearms owners seems to be divided almost equally between those who love cleaning their guns, and do so after every range trip, to those who only clean them grudgingly after several or more trips.  I must confess that I fall into the latter group. 

Pistola I don’t think it’s a big deal, but précis rifle you can do more damage cleaning then good .

46 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

I think you're right.   I attribute it to youth and exuberance.   I've been shooting guns for 40+ years and frankly have never noticed any difference in accuracy between clean guns or dirty guns.  I had a Marlin .22 for 20+ years that was NEVER cleaned, ever, bolt action, tack driver, every time.   I have had guns that jammed or stove-piped or whatever when dirty(my 1954 1911 for example, still true to this day).  My CZ-52 also stove piped when dirty, sold that one.     Every modern gun I own doesn't care.  I figure if it doesn't care, I'm not going to start caring ;)