CAL. .30 M1

Model of 1898 - 30-40 Krag

2 hours ago, Dave Archibald said:

Had a few over the years, And a REAL carbine too. Pick up ammo whenever you see it.

I have about 100 cases coming - going to use a 180gr cast bullet sized to .311 - I was using this for my enfield's but never produced good results....

Right now I am going to try Friday 17gr of Alliant 2400 for a light plinking round...

The 3rd edition of the cast bullets reloading manual shows 173 gr 16gr 2400 and 208gr 17grains 2400

I will look and see if there are pressure signs, but this should be a nice soft load and seems to be that 2400 is great in the .30cals with cast bullets....  no need to beat the gal up !

:)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave Archibald said:

Every so often I would find a box or two for sale on gunboards, or CMP. But not for the last year or two. 

Yeah - and the prices now are nuts for full bore stuff....

LOL I want to find a real MILLS belt or a repop - I will use the factory rounds I have in the belt and just reload for range stuff.

10 hours ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

I have this ammo in stock. I haven't had a lot of trouble finding it. Winchester makes it as well as Remington.

..whaddya got specifically....  cost?

Always like to have some factory on hand and not just my handloads !

.....ahhhh  cherry ridge.. 100yd line....  when all the fancy schmancy newfangled optics boys need benches mounts sleds etc..to shoot targets at 50 to 100yds...and cant hardly hit crap...

And when 52/60 rounds of wheel weight hand loads slams steel time and again...off hand...

And they just look .....  priceless...

IMG_20200621_160235_806.jpg

17gr Alliant 2400...  lr primer...  cast wheel weight 168 grain drops at like .312..sized and lubed to .311 ...with gas check....  nice soft shooting...   paper next time see how she groups...and no signs of pressure spike.  :)

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Dave Archibald said:

mrksFue.jpg

Nick, a guy posted this on M14 forum. Sniper Krag. there are only 2 left and this is one!!! SWEET!!

Is he selling it?  If so whats the price...LOL

https://www.cowanauctions.com/lot/u-s-model-1898-krag-sniper-rifle-with-cataract-tool-optical-company-scope-3224806