Cheflife15

Walther return policy

Anyone ever use the 30 walther return policy? I bought a q5 match polymer to try polymer guns and frankly i can't decide if i like it or not. I shot it about 3 times now and im still on the fence. I currently have a cz tactical and im debating returning this and getting a shadow instead. 

Long story short, how was your experience with the return? Was it long drawn? My research says about 2 weeks but im curious how true to form that is. Thank you.

I do not own one but I am curious to the answers on this. It seems very fair to offer a 30-day return policy.  I only own one Walther and find that it is a very well made pistol that fits my hand perfectly.  It would take some of the risk out of buying a Q5 Match and find you don't like it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

Anyone ever use the 30 walther return policy? I bought a q5 match polymer to try polymer guns and frankly i can't decide if i like it or not. I shot it about 3 times now and im still on the fence. I currently have a cz tactical and im debating returning this and getting a shadow instead. 

Long story short, how was your experience with the return? Was it long drawn? My research says about 2 weeks but im curious how true to form that is. Thank you.

If yoy dont already have one. You will require another pistol purchase permit for the replacement.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

If yoy dont already have one. You will require another pistol purchase permit for the replacement.

I just picked up 3 more permits the other day lol i caught the itch. Originally i was going to use this as a home defense gun but it got one bullet stuck in the chamber that apparently had a burr, and another round had a light primer strike. Both could be assumed from ammo, but it still made me second guess it a bit. I would return this, buy a shadow for the range and probably a glock 34 for the house since its both reliable and can go to the range. 

I have many 9mm pistols but never liked or wanted anything to do with polymer framed striker fired guns.  On impulse, I bought a Walther Q5 and it has worked flawlessly for me.  I absolutely would trust it for defense and it's the easiest shooting and most accurate 9mm I own! 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

You’re gonna have to take one for the team and let us know how it works out. Not many here return guns. Most just buy moar. I think @45Doll has a few walthers 

Correct. And none have had issues. Although neither of us has a Q5.

15 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

I just picked up 3 more permits the other day lol i caught the itch. Originally i was going to use this as a home defense gun but it got one bullet stuck in the chamber that apparently had a burr, and another round had a light primer strike. Both could be assumed from ammo, but it still made me second guess it a bit. I would return this, buy a shadow for the range and probably a glock 34 for the house since its both reliable and can go to the range. 

What kind of ammo did you have problems with? 

7 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Winchester had a bad primer, and federal synthec got stuck from an apparent burr. Again maybe these things happen and im just not used to it?

Winchester primer issues oh boy. Whole thread on that. 

Just now, Cheflife15 said:

So maybe i should run through a couple hundred more rounds and make a call

Up to you bud. Could be a Friday gun. You might like cz moar. Dunno 

But whatever you do, if the gun jams on white box; don’t throw it over the berm repeatedly..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Zeke said:

Up to you bud. Could be a Friday gun. You might like cz moar. Dunno 

But whatever you do, if the gun jams on white box; don’t throw it over the berm repeatedly..

I love my other cz and im definitely getting a shadow. With that said, I still need my designated home defense pistol. I love the trigger on this and its accurate as hell. Im gunna put another 400 rounds through it tomorrow and see how i feel. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

I love my other cz and im definitely getting a shadow. With that said, I still need my designated home defense pistol. I love the trigger on this and its accurate as hell. Im gunna put another 400 rounds through it tomorrow and see how i feel. 

Did you clean and lube the gun before you shot it?

Yeah, went shooting today. Slide didnt lock back a few times. Am i being too picky or what? Never had any issues with my cz so maybe I was spoiled by that. The gun cost 850, i would expect it to run flawlessly. Gunna try this return policy in a week or so. Ill keep you all updated.

I'd definitely put a few more rounds through it before making a decision.  Walther makes a great gun but it's really up to your preference especially when it's your money and your permits.  The Shadow 2 has been an amazing gun but I prefer a striker fired gun for home defense.  My Shadow has been running strong for the last year and a half with many rounds fired.  It has a couple FTE when the extractor gets a little too dirty.

• Agree 1

@High Exposureonce told me “ beware of the man with just one gun, he prolly knows how to use it” (HE didn’t use prolly, HE is a semicolon gramma nazi) that being said. Find the gun that fits you. Easy way,friends. Hard way rental and buying.

and den shoot it ,like a lot, wet and dry, n stuff 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Zeke said:

@High Exposureonce told me “ beware of the man with just one gun, he prolly knows how to use it” (HE didn’t use prolly, HE is a semicolon gramma nazi) that being said. Find the gun that fits you. Easy way,friends. Hard way rental and buying.

and den shoot it ,like a lot, wet and dry, n stuff 

Actually put about 300 rounds through it today. Ran flawlessly. Im going yo keep it. I shoot it well and i find it enjoyable. Its also light so i can shoot it for longer. Im still waiting for my 2 czs to arrive, then i have to stop buying guns for a little bit... 

Although my girlfriend wants a 22 lr pistol for the range now. 

6 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Actually put about 300 rounds through it today. Ran flawlessly. Im going yo keep it. I shoot it well and i find it enjoyable. Its also light so i can shoot it for longer. Im still waiting for my 2 czs to arrive, then i have to stop buying guns for a little bit... 

Get a shotgun. And @45Doll heart is soaring like an Eagle ... if it’s still beating 

12 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

I think i gotta invest some more time in getting more accurqte with pistols. I kinda like the challenge of it. 

Sooo another thing @High Exposuretaught me. Go with a mission, train. Print up drills. My once a month ( pre Rona) handgun I’m doing 1 hour and maybe 200.

HE called it ballistic masturbation if you did otherwise.. He’s disappeared, he was tired of being called a bigot by the troll 

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Sooo another thing @High Exposuretaught me. Go with a mission, train. Print up drills. My once a month ( pre Rona) handgun I’m doing 1 hour and maybe 200.

HE called it ballistic masturbation if you did otherwise.. He’s disappeared, he was tired of being called a bigot by the troll 

Yeah ive been going once a week, trying to work on consciously shooting. Trying to go down the steps of each shot. Sometimes i catch myself trying to run before i can walk. Im going to Google some drills and take tjem with me next week. 

30 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Yeah ive been going once a week, trying to work on consciously shooting. Trying to go down the steps of each shot. Sometimes i catch myself trying to run before i can walk. Im going to Google some drills and take tjem with me next week. 

Also.. you will get a tremendous amount of practice with the penny drill. @Mr.Stu

or lazer training @Bighungry618

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

Ya know if you get that DW 1911 you can always get a .22lr conversion kit for it for the girlfriend 

• Like 1