Cheflife15

Walther return policy

On 6/23/2020 at 12:06 AM, JohnnyB said:

I highly recommend the Ruger SR22!  It's the ONLY gun my wife will shoot.

I started my son with an SR22. It's an OK gun but not easy to learn on. It is very short so has a short sight radius. The trigger isn't the worst I have felt, and it improved with deleting the magazine disconnect safety, but it's not great. I'm not a fan of decocker safetys either.

I just got a Taurus TX22 for him and it is much better. It is about the same size as a Glock 19 but with a much less blocky grip. The sight radius is what you'd expect although they are plastic and there does not seem to be many aftermarket options yet. The trigger take-up is a little rough, but there is a nice wall and a clean break at about 4.5-5lb. The reset is decent too. It is striker fired rather than hammer.

My son's shooting improved greatly with the bigger gun. It's good value in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

On 6/23/2020 at 12:06 AM, JohnnyB said:

I highly recommend the Ruger SR22!  It's the ONLY gun my wife will shoot.

That's the gun I take when we travel for my wife to use for whatever evil may lurk out there. The only gun she actually owns is the S&W 63 8 shot I gave her but not good for defense she just loves the 22 single action feature for range plinking. I just toss in the sr22 with my 9 so it's there on the road with us, she has had some time on it.