If we can't get concealed carry with the current court, it's unlikely that we will ever see it.

I've heard it suggested that Roberts is compromised, that the libs have dirt on him.  Can't say whether or not that's true, but it looks like something is  up with him. 

He’s intimidated by the anti-gun lobby. He’s afraid that he and his leadership will be blamed for every gun crime going forward and history will condemn him.  He feels that the issue of public carry is a state’s right issue, not a constitutional issue, despite the language of the Second Amendment and Heller.  

Denial of cert is not, technically, a decision on the merits so the 2A community can send more cases next year. We need to find a slam dunk issue like the N.Y. case but one in which Bloomturd can’t buy off legislators to change the law at the last moment. Alternatively, Ginsberg resigns or dies in office which would moot Roberts. 

• Agree 1

The Nazgul are flying?  What do you expect from 9 lawyers.  Thomas is the only one worth those black robes.  The fundamental change continues across the board...  aided by the colluding and compromised scotus.  Let down by those that were appointed by Trump, and the Chief Justice is a joke.  

I have been trying to digest this and really can't.  For 10 years I have held out hope (in hindsight foolishly) that there would be some remedy in the courts that would at least make the situation in NJ better re carry/possession.  No one was expecting constitutional carry or even major changes to the permitting system -- just the ability to get a permit even with all the hoops to jump through.  Now it is clear that will never happen.  Really hard to take.  I am curious to hear any ANJRPC spin on this -- hard to imagine how this can still be spun.

• Agree 1

This was like a sucker punch to the gut.

DC's "Good Cause" permitting scheme feel 3 years ago.  From my understanding it was based on NJ's "Justifiable Need" need permting scheme.

Makes no sense that one was struck down and the other, and others like it, remain perfectly acceptable.  And that Federal Courts are split on the law and the Supreme Court, who's job it is to resolve such splits, won't lift a finger to resolve the differences.

While I'm not surprised they passed on all the carry and feature ban lawsuits I can't understand how they did not take up the CA microstamp law.  The technology does not exist so how can it be required.

I figured this would be a nice safe case to take and strike down a clearly unconstitutional law that would only affect the people of CA.

I can see NJ or some other commie state passing a "smart gun" law banning the sale of any gun that does not have the technology even though the technology does not exist. Why wouldn't they? The defendant's who file to block the law would have to invest thousands of dollars in the suit and spend years litigating it and maybe the Supreme court will hear the case or maybe not. Or maybe by then the technology will exist and they will moot the case.

I'm afraid after this round of cases I feel those of us that live in the commie states are doomed till we leave, but even then we will have to choose wisely where to go. Virginia has fallen and PA and FL are not far behind.

Rush made an interesting point this afternoon.

When progressives are appointed to the SCOTUS they NEVER put down their progressive credentials. And they never give up an opportunity to advance progressive causes by judicial fiat.

Conservative justices on the other hand frequently go out of their way to avoid any perception of conservative tilt. Or at best stick to a literal interpretation, thereby avoiding any conservative progress.

So you know what that means. They never serve as a counterbalance to the progressive block.

This is why we will continue to 'lose'.

Game over for us, game on for the oppressive states like ours. Well actually mine for only 2 more weeks:D.....Any way this was a loud audible to NJ and its ilk that there will be no accountability for their anti agendas. As long as the SCOTUS make up stays as is there is no hope and it'll be yrs for that to change even if Trump wins in Nov. No Supreme (RBG)is going anywhere as long as Trump is around. If Biden gets in there will be at least one fresh new lib justice put in so yrs for any swing change. The most absurd thing am going to say is enjoy your NJ gun rights now, gonna be as good as they get, only getting worse. Yup, this one hurt, like they shot a full auto in to all the cases that clawed their way thru the system. Years.....

I'm a pretty moderate person and try to avoid sky is falling views.  But I am truly worried that we are headed someplace dark.  Think about everything that's happened in the space of a few months: the social and economic dislocations caused by COVID, the absolute hypocrisy and incompetence of liberal mayors and governors, the animalistic and immoral rampaging mobs utterly unchecked, demonization of police and all authority (who the hell would become a copy now??)etc, etc.  Compounded by the absolute insanity of the Democrat Party -- when pieces of shit like Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib are not only in congress but being listened to by the party leadership - we have an active 5th column.  And on top of this, the Supreme Court abdicated its responsibility on a central issue that could at least ameliorate this situation.

Yeah, this country is in deep trouble, and I'm afraid fleeing to "red states" won't provide refuge for too long. 

29 minutes ago, PDM said:

I'm a pretty moderate person and try to avoid sky is falling views.  But I am truly worried that we are headed someplace dark.  Think about everything that's happened in the space of a few months: the social and economic dislocations caused by COVID, the absolute hypocrisy and incompetence of liberal mayors and governors, the animalistic and immoral rampaging mobs utterly unchecked, demonization of police and all authority (who the hell would become a copy now??)etc, etc.  Compounded by the absolute insanity of the Democrat Party -- when pieces of shit like Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib are not only in congress but being listened to by the party leadership - we have an active 5th column.  And on top of this, the Supreme Court abdicated its responsibility on a central issue that could at least ameliorate this situation.

Yeah, this country is in deep trouble, and I'm afraid fleeing to "red states" won't provide refuge for too long. 

Fortunately we have a presidential election coming up to help put that all behind us. 

What do you expect from THIS court...  Obamacare?  No Second Amendent Rigths for You... Here is another example of the Court's mockery of the rule of law and the Constitution.  

Lawlessness...