marlintag

All 2A cases regarding conceal carry have DENIED

BREAKING NEWS!

Rogers V grewal, Mark Cheeseman V polilo, and Ciolek V NJ have all been DENIED cert. This action by SCOTUS will be the death knell for crime victims like myself who need the means of self protection outside the home. I'm too shocked at the moment to feel the disgust and hatred i will sure feel later, once reality sets in. These were easy 2A cases to rule on and SCOTUS decided to slap us in the face instead of interpreting the constitution and providing the necessary relief. This is an outrage, without SCOTUS addressing "may issue", states like NJ will be emboldened to continue their :justifiable need" schemes. I have no more words, I'm done.

• FacePalm 2

I would have loved to hear the verbal arguments for this case. NJ has for too long used this "justifiable need" excuse to deny everyone claiming no need is justifiable. And THAT needs to be addressed yesterday.

20 minutes ago, Greenday said:

I would have loved to hear the verbal arguments for this case. NJ has for too long used this "justifiable need" excuse to deny everyone claiming no need is justifiable. And THAT needs to be addressed yesterday.

We never will. Either Roberts is a part of the anti-2A crowd, or they have compromising dirt on him. 

43 minutes ago, Zeke said:

No lube. Thomas dissent was informative. This nov is more important than ever for America. 

The 7 justices who voted to ignore the cases clearly don't want to be held responsible for the shit storm of future cases if they make a decision one way or the other. Pretty sad that that's their job.

13 minutes ago, Greenday said:

The 7 justices who voted to ignore the cases ...

I think it’s more complex than that simple description.

“The pro-2A minority has made the calculation that it’s better to deny cert to these cases than to risk a decision that could adversely affect gun rights.”

Roberts and/or RBG really need to be replaced.

• Agree 6

35 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

“The pro-2A minority has made the calculation that it’s better to deny cert to these cases than to risk a decision that could adversely affect gun rights.”

yeah, more exculpatory bullshit. There's no amount of honey that will make this shit sandwich more palatable.

I have an open suggestion for anyone listening. Here's the setup, Trump has appointed a record number of federal judges including in our district. We remember what happened in Illinois, a CCW law made it to the court of appeals and we won. The deep state read Illinois the riot act and they refused to appeal to SCOTUS. Reason? Gun control power brokers feared a decision that would affect the whole country and effectively sacrificed Illinois. Bad for them and good for us. Now here's the ask on my part. Someone please file a new lawsuit with enough changes so that it doesn't get brushed aside for being similar to what's been reviewed already. Our only chance is that we now have a numerically superior chance of getting a conservative judge in circuit court. If so we win and it may end there. If it goes to court of appeals and we draw 2 conservatives and we win again, it will be game over for NJ justifiable need. Why? Deep state gun control would tell NJ to stand down like they did in Illinois for fear of a favorable 2A opinion  that would affect HI, CA, MA, NY, MD and any others I missed.

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Peter Goldwing said:

Peter, I just merged your topic into this one... same basic subject, some forum... no need for dueling threads. And thanks for adding this article to the mix, which gives insight to what some of the Supremes are thinking. 

Thanks Mrs Peel

To the guy that asked how UI see this as good news, But I might be wrong

"Petitioner asks this Court to grant certiorari to determine whether New Jersey’s near-total prohibition on carrying a firearm in public violates his Second Amendment right to bear arms, made applicable to the States through the Fourteenth Amendment," he said. "This case gives us the opportunity to provide guidance on the proper approach for evaluating Second Amendment claims; acknowledge that the Second Amendment protects the right to carry in public; and resolve a square Circuit split on the constitutionality of justifiable need restrictions on that right."

Thomas closed with a parting shot at his fellow justices.

"Rather than prolonging our decade-long failure to protect the Second Amendment, I would grant this petition," he said.

So gun-control and gun-rights activists are still waiting to hear what the Supreme Court has to say on a number of restrictive laws that have been implemented in recent years. Thomas, in his dissent Monday, appeared to say he would be willing to strike down the New Jersey law in question.

yeah, good call, judge N. Your analysis is accurate as usual.

This State is a lost cause in so many ways, 2A, high taxes, traffic, dense population, no $ etc. The only way 2A is going to change here is if Ruth kicks the bucket before Jan 1, 2021.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, SJG said:

This State is a lost cause in so many ways, 2A, high taxes, traffic, dense population, no $ etc. The only way 2A is going to change here is if Ruth kicks the bucket before Jan 1, 2021.

Neil Gorsuch hasn't gone blindly one-sided with his opinions either so it's no lock to be 2A friendly on every decision.

• Agree 1