SmittyMHS

I hate to ask...

2 hours ago, SmittyMHS said:

Doesn't answer my not asked question...

This is New Jersey. So I default to NO 1st

If your question is "is it legal" - it's a paintball gun technically so yes.

If your question is should someone buy it - hell no (unless somehow they're a prohibited person and still need self defense)

I have seen way too many YouTube videos of people hitting their friends with pepperballs for fun to think they would seriously deter someone determined to harm you. I would rather have a pocket knife on hand Smith & Wesson makes a fairly cheap decent folding blade.

I would not buy something that "looks like a gun" to protect myself or my family.

It's great that it shoots pepperballs that may or may not stop an unarmed person IF it's deployed correctly, but it's still a hard pass for me.

If you're going to use pepper-spray then get an effective pepper-spray canister.

If you're going to get a gun, buy one that shoots bullets.

That thing has no effective purpose IMO...

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Dave Archibald said:

My answer is NO! When your life is on the line, you are dependent on a paintball gun?  When the PoPo pulls up, looks like a real handgun, you get shot!

Picture an intruder in your house and you pull your paintball gun! Intruder pulls out non paintball gun! End of story!

I agree however I thought this was more of an EDC question not defending yourself in the home which is why I said knife. 

1 hour ago, CF1782 said:

I agree however I thought this was more of an EDC question not defending yourself in the home which is why I said knife. 

Actually it was an "is this legal" non question. A friend of mine sent me the link and asked me. I had no idea so I posted it. Being NJ I thought it might be a no since everything is here.  I agree, it's not something I would rely on.