Krdshrk

Clinton WMA Shotgun (and Rifle) Shoot - Sunday 6/28/20

59 minutes ago, planenut said:

Thanks for the info. If I make it up there I'll make sure to bring a case or two of clays. I've also got a Lincoln thrower I picked up last year that hasn't been put into action yet, so I'm looking forward to trying to use that.

Several of us have electronic throwers so we will not be lacking... but the clays will definitely be welcome.

55 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

I may come.  All my long guns are rifles, so I'm OK with being a happy observer.

You're more than welcome to use some of my guns, and I'm sure others will offer as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, father-of-three said:

I may come.  All my long guns are rifles, so I'm OK with being a happy observer.

FYI if you go to the shoot you will most likely be buying a shotgun shortly after. Shooting clays is super addictive 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 8:37 PM, father-of-three said:

bring shells, or stuff to barter, and I guarantee people will let you shoot theirs.  Hell mine are virtually "community" guns when I'm there... as long as you can feed it, you can shoot it. :D

(donuts, coffee, pastries are great "bribery)

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

16 minutes ago, Sota said:

bring shells, or stuff to barter, and I guarantee people will let you shoot theirs.  Hell mine are virtually "community" guns when I'm there... as long as you can feed it, you can shoot it. :D

(donuts, coffee, pastries are great "bribery)

This is one of the great things about the the shooting community in general. Pretty much every time go to a range and there are other people there I end up  talking with them and next thing you know I'm shooting their guns and they shoot mine. 

There is not one other hobby that I know of where people let complete strangers try out gear that costs hundreds to thousands of dollars enthusiastically 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, fishnut said:

This is one of the great things about the the shooting community in general. Pretty much every time go to a range and there are other people there I end up  talking with them and next thing you know I'm shooting their guns and they shoot mine. 

There is not one other hobby that I know of where people let complete strangers try out gear that costs hundreds to thousands of dollars enthusiastically 

I was at the range in easton the other day and i simply asked the guy next to me what he was shooting (it looked like a dan wesson). He told me what it was and immediately offered to me to shoot it .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

I was at the range in easton the other day and i simply asked the guy next to me what he was shooting (it looked like a dan wesson). He told me what it was and immediately offered to me to shoot it .

You should not shoot the Dan Wesson 1911’s — all those guns you have coming will be safe queens as you lust after the 1911 :D

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Heavyopp said:

You should not shoot the Dan Wesson 1911’s — all those guns you have coming will be safe queens as you lust after the 1911 :D

I was holding one today. If it weren't for njs 1 pistol per 30 days i might have pulled the trigger on it! I gotta watch the expenditures for a little bit though.

1 minute ago, Cheflife15 said:

I was holding one today. If it weren't for njs 1 pistol per 30 days i might have pulled the trigger on it! I gotta watch the expenditures for a little bit though.

Put a deposit on it. The shop will hold it for you.

• Like 1

Got room and patience for one more? I pushed my prior responsibility off to later in the day.

I've never attempted skeet/trap/5-stand/etc... before.

I have a Remington 1100 20 gauge that I've never shot. A good supply of "target" shells and a willingness to listen & learn. I have no clays; I'll see if I can pick some up Saturday. Anything I need to be looking for: size, composition or other? I did mention I'm new to this discipline, right?

1 hour ago, kc17 said:

Got room and patience for one more? I pushed my prior responsibility off to later in the day.

I have a Remington 1100 20 gauge that I've never shot. A good supply of "target" shells and a willingness to listen & learn. I have no clays; I'll see if I can pick some up Saturday. Anything I need to be looking for: size, composition or other? I did mention I'm new to this discipline, right?

Yes, come on by. The more the better.  

as for clays, any standard clays will do. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kc17 said:

A sense of humor 

If anyone has a store with clays near them, pick up four boxes for me.  One of my buddy is definetly coming and possibly two more people.

Went out to Wal-Mart in Clinton, they were sold out.  Called Dick's near me,  they no longer carry them.  Buddy was in Easton checking out Sarcos and he went to Dick's and Wal-Mart in Easton looking for clays.  Neither had any.  He called Dick's in East Hanover and Rockaway.  Nothing.

Going to call Garden State Armory and Middlebrook Firearms and see if they have any tomorrow.

If anyone knows of a place in Bridgewater area that has some, let me know.