Krdshrk

Clinton WMA Shotgun (and Rifle) Shoot - Sunday 6/28/20

Had a good time. Boy did it get packed  right after i got there. I had the manual sit-on thrower over on the other side of the structure.

New shooter was a bit more comfortable over there. Got him busting clays after finding a gun that fit him a bit better.

Attempted to head to rifle range...as did everyone else with a hunting license in north jersey apparently. Never even made it up to the parking lot.

Good day, hot day, but nice to get out and see i havent completely forgotten how to shoot. Was nice seeing everyone.

• Like 3

Want to thank @Krdshrk for organizing this get together, 

1st time out to WMA for a shoot. Was there with my 2 boys. 

Thanks to ALL for making us feel at home like part of the group, not like 1st timers, also for allowing us to try some different shotguns. Will definitely be attending others. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

@Mr.Stu burnt me again! Summabitch 

You picked up my shotgun that was hot because someone else made it hot by shooting it! How is that my fault?

Just quit complaining, will ya?

I even offered you beer and burgers after.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

You picked up my shotgun that was hot because someone else made it hot by shooting it! How is that my fault?

Just quit complaining, will ya?

I even offered you beer and burgers after.

I made it hot by shooting it.... rain ck on fish n chips n pints mate!:D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, brucin said:

There's a parent teacher association meeting in your future for sure.

He takes that spent 20 ga. souvenir hull into school it will be SOONER rather than later, lol!

Nice seeing you, the Mrs. and everyone else today!

Rosey

On 6/28/2020 at 5:41 PM, Krdshrk said:

Now that's a group!  
image0.jpg

@Krdshrk

Once again, you excelled at organizing another fun gathering.  I am glad that everyone had a good time yesterday morning at the Clinton Shotgun Shootout.  I have enjoyed attending and participating in the past at these types of fun group get-togethers, swapping shotguns, talking about various topics, (non-political….), and socializing.  I was considering joining you all yesterday, but was concerned that with the expected large group, that social distancing would be a challenge, along with many being reluctant to wear any form of face coverings.  As the photo above indicates, my concerns were valid….  I think we all may want to pay close attention to what is happening in the southern and western states,  where the Governors had allowed for large group gatherings, yet people are failing to abide by the important recommended, if not required, health safety guidelines.  We are now learning of the dire consequences resulting in the skyrocketing rate of positive tests for the COVID-19 virus in those states, primarily in the mid-30's age group.

Basically, until a vaccine for COVID-19 has been developed, tested, produced, distributed, as well as has been administered to over 50% of the U.S. population, I am in the group of our citizens who are not comfortable congregating in close proximity with more than just a handful of people, outside of my extended family and close friends, whether indoors or outdoors.  Shooting clays with 1, 2 or 3 people I know, is IMHO, far less risky than doing so in close quarters with 15-25, or more people who I do not know, even being outside.  That, along with the natural chit chatting by people not wearing any face coverings, as well as the constant co-mingling handling of shotguns, is just taking more of a health risk than I want to do right now.  I respect that everyone has a choice in how they deal with this ongoing virus, yet I also believe that our previous normal routines have unfortunately fundamentally changed now and for the foreseeable future, whether one likes i5 or not.

In addition to having fun, I sincerely hope that everyone who attended yesterday remains healthy and did not contract this nasty COVID-19 virus.  I am looking forward to joining all of you again at future shotgun shootouts and gun range events, most likely in the second half of 2021.

AVB-AMG

• FacePalm 2

1 hour ago, AVB-AMG said:

@Krdshrk

Once again, you excelled at organizing another fun gathering.  I am glad that everyone had a good time yesterday morning at the Clinton Shotgun Shootout.  I have enjoyed attending and participating in the past at these types of fun group get-togethers, swapping shotguns, talking about various topics, (non-political….), and socializing.  I was considering joining you all yesterday, but was concerned that with the expected large group, that social distancing would be a challenge, along with many being reluctant to wear any form of face coverings.  As the photo above indicates, my concerns were valid….  I think we all may want to pay close attention to what is happening in the southern and western states,  where the Governors had allowed for large group gatherings, yet people are failing to abide by the important recommended, if not required, health safety guidelines.  We are now learning of the dire consequences of the skyrocketing rate of positive tests for the COVID-19 virus in those states, primarily in the mid-30's age group.

Basically, until a vaccine for COVID-19 has been developed, tested, produced, distributed, as well as has been administered to over 50% of the U.S. population, I am in the group of our citizens who are not comfortable congregating in close proximity with more than just a handful of people, outside of my extended family and close friends, whether indoors or outdoors.  Shooting clays with 1, 2 or 3 people I know, is IMHO, far less risky than doing so in close quarters with 15-25, or more people who I do not know, even being outside.  That, along with the natural chit chatting by people not wearing any face coverings, as well as the constant co-mingling handling of shotguns, is just taking more of a health risk than I want to take right now.  I respect everyone has a choice in how they deal with this ongoing virus and believe that our previous normal routines have fundamentally changed now and for the foreseeable future.

In addition to having fun, I sincerely hope that everyone who attended yesterday remains healthy and did not contract this nasty COVID-19 virus.  I am looking forward to joining all of you again at future shotgun shootouts and gun range events, most likely in the second half of 2021.

AVB-AMG

Honestly I think all you had to say was Great job, hope everyone had a good time, and you wished You could be there but choose not to attend for your reasons stated which I respect. Please respect ours.

No need to tell us what us going on, We all know,  that's all we've been hearing about for 4 months straight.

Did I think about yes, Was I careful? within reason, Yes.

We weren't sitting in a closed room breathing the same air, we were outside, I respected people's space and felt they did the same all around. We weren't 500-1000 deep marching down a street.

We had a choice and choose. And yes I do hope everyone is fine.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3