Krdshrk

Clinton WMA Shotgun (and Rifle) Shoot - Sunday 6/28/20

3 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

Honestly I think all you had to say was Great job, hope everyone had a good time, and you wished You could be there but choose not to attend for your reasons stated which I respect. Please respect ours.

No need to tell us what us going on, We all know,  that's all we've been hearing about for 4 months straight.

Did I think about yes, Was I careful? within reason, Yes.

We weren't sitting in a closed room breathing the same air, we were outside, I respected people's space and felt they did the same all around. We weren't 500-1000 deep marching down a street.

We had a choice and choose. And yes I do hope everyone is fine.

He just can't help himself. Even on a thread about a fun event :facepalm: what a way to go thu life.

• Agree 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, WP22 said:

2 hours ago, WP22 said:

He just can't help himself. Even on a thread about a fun event :facepalm: what a way to go thu life.

^^^THIS^^^

A male KAREN asking for the Manager!  Probably wears his mask while driving!  I get if you're immuno-compromised or care for someone that IS... you want to be more careful.  But then just come out & say it instead of pissing in everyone's corn flakes like a SCHMUCK!

I walked the entire event, and the fresh air was great.  I did a cigar too, so my bad----but since nobody bitched I assumed all was good. 

As for our resident Schmuck, the virus will mutate and has already.  Coming up with a vaccine for the common cold would be easier, and it ain't gonna happen.  Eventually herd immunity will happen and our own bodies will adapt.

It was great shooting with you all, doing some mentoring, seeing more women shooting, and seeing a teenager dust some clays.

Thanks to all of you for enriching my life!

Rosey

CNJFO  

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

I thought I was being sarcastic. :D

Nick's burn sticks are fine.  Some of the others though, y'all need to up your cigar game; their "smoke" isn't that nice. :D

Although, it would probably be appreciated by more than just me, if the smoke people were a bit more aware of the direction of prevailing winds, and adjusted their toking periods accordingly.  Some others might appreciate it less.
Just a friendly suggestion. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/29/2020 at 11:10 PM, Smokin .50 said:

A male KAREN asking for the Manager!  Probably wears his mask while driving!

As for our resident Schmuck, the virus will mutate and has already.  Coming up with a vaccine for the common cold would be easier, and it ain't gonna happen.  Eventually herd immunity will happen and our own bodies will adapt.

Rosey

@Smokin .50 (Rosey):

If anything, your response here shows that you are sounding like the real Schmuck!

If you honestly believe that the way you and the many others were congregating on Sunday morning, was not potentially a high risk endeavor, then you are sounding and possibly acting like an ignorant, arrogant fool in total denial.  Do you really believe that?  It is not just those who have compromised immune systems or have family members who may be compromised who should observe and practice the necessary health safeguards during this awful virus pandemic.  If you have not done so, you may want to consider reading up on the documented history of the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic for a better perspective of what could happen with the COVID-19 virus.  Over the past 4-5 months, after some contradictory advice, we have learned more and more of what Health precautions work and what scenarios are the most conducive to spreading this virus.  It is incumbent for all of us to learn these important lessons and then practice them, if our country is going to finally be able to reduce the number of positives cases nationally.  While some of you may be "done" with the COVID-19 virus, it certainly is not done you you or me....

BTW, I have met and shot with you in the past, at both indoor and outdoor events, aside from political views, you seemed to be a nice, intelligent guy, who I applaud for being very dedicated to proactively preserving our 2nd Amendment rights, as challenging as it is here in NJ.  I hope that your negative personal post about me in this thread was just an knee-jerk reaction and not a true indicator of who you really are.  If not, then I guess I will have really misjudged you, which is disappointing.

Also, to be clear, neither you nor I are trained as a medical doctor or professional healthcare researcher so we have to rely on what those folks who are to publish their analysis and forecasts, based on their expertise, experience and results of research trials.  From what I have read, while the COVID-19 virus may possibly mutate in some manner over time, for the near future it will not do so dramatically.   Therefore, While there is no guarantee, those same doctors and healthcare researchers are confident that one or more viable vaccines will most likely be developed by one or more of the multiple Research Medical/Pharmaceutical joint venture teams and manufactured in sizable quantities over the next 8-12 months.  So I disagree with your stated opinion that “it ain’t going to happen”.  Also, the more I read about the so-called herd immunity, with regard to the COVID-19 virus, the less it sounds like that will happen in under 4 years or even longer from now, which is not good for all of us in the near term.

AVB-AMG

• FacePalm 1

15 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

Coming up with a vaccine for the common cold would be easier, and it ain't gonna happen.  Eventually herd immunity will happen and our own bodies will adapt.

Coming up with a vaccine for the common cold would NOT be easier.  Colds are caused by all kinds of viruses that just happen to cause similar symptoms; rhinovirus, coronaviru, RSV, and parainfluenza can all cause a 'cold' and they're not even in the same family, plus fully 25% of all colds are caused by viruses not yet unidentified.   It's a mess.  Good thing the dangers posed are comparatively small.

The flu is at least caused by strains of influenza virus that all belong to the same family and genus, so vaccines are available.   They vary in effectiveness from year to year only because manufacturers have to predict months in advance what strains will be prevalent once flu season arrives, and some years are more predictable than others.

The novel coronavirus is a pretty good target for a vaccine; there are a hundred or so vaccines already in clinical trials, not just because of the urgency of the problem, but also because it is comparatively easy to come up with a candidate worthy of a clinical trial.   The virus is mutating, sure, but not all that rapidly, and the spike proteins on the surface that vaccines target aren't changing much at all.  

Getting something through all three phases of clinical testing is hard, and attrition rates are fierce, but my prediction is still that there will be at least one approved vaccine on the market by the end of this year; supplies will be very limited while manufacturing ramps up, but it will at least be available to front-line health care workers, and some at-risk patients.   By 1st quarter of next year, I'd expect another vaccine to be approved, and the supply chain will improve to the point where more of the public can be vaccinated.  By mid-year, the first of the second-generation vaccines will start to hit the market--they'll be more effective, and less likely to require a booster shot.   Availability will finally have gotten to the point where anyone can walk into a CVS or Walgreens and get a safe and effective shot, and the antivaxxers can resume screaming their refusal to do so.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Guys if you didn’t attend don’t troll this. It was a great time and you are seriously a buzz kill.

I'll be at the next one! By the way im trying to go pistol shooting sunday morning in easton. If anyone wants to join and help a noob get better message me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

I'll be at the next one! By the way im trying to go pistol shooting sunday morning in easton. If anyone wants to join and help a noob get better message me!

You tempt me, sir.

I've yet to go to easton, with my membership.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sota said:

You tempt me, sir.

I've yet to go to easton, with my membership.

13 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Just for the record i was implying heritage guild. I just got pmed about fish and game which also looks nice. 

Well now we have something. @Malice4you aren’t you an efga member?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zeke said:

“ red is dead” is this like a northwest thing I learned as a kid? I say it and everyone looks at me like I have 2 heads...

^^^Not me @Zeke  I say "Red yer DEAD" when instructing Noobs (or anyone else) about safeties.  And I'm less than a mile from the Raritan Bay...but people tell me I do get "around", lol!

~R

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Nope, I say it too.

Me three as does everyone I've ever introduced to shooting. My daughter told her preschool teacher that red means dead when asked what the red light means on a traffic light. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • FacePalm 1