Cheflife15

Next pistol

Looking for another pistol to have some fun with. Right now I have a cz sp01 tactical at cajun gun works getting the pro package and a polymer walther ppq q 5 match (that i may keep still). I love shooting 9mm (mostly cause of the price of ammo and ease of recoil). With that said im looking for my next range toy. Im torn between saving for a nice 1911 like a dan wesson dwx or something of the sorts, and between buying a glock 34 and customizing it both aesthetically and with upgraded parts. 

Looking for you guys and girls to sway me a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

In my short time with guns ive become a trigger snob lol. I would have to try a revolver before purchasing

3 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

In my short time with guns ive become a trigger snob lol. I would have to try a revolver before purchasing

No revolver, regardless of PC or otherwise, will have a match grade trigger out of the box. That's part of the fun of owning a revolver. Plus, even if it was a "good" trigger, it is vastly different than anything you'll encounter on a semi-auto - even the vaunted PPQ.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

I would love a kimber usa team match ii in 9mm too. As for revolvers, ive been eyeing some cheaper leo trade ins. One is a s and w 10-14 .38. 

Just remember where you put your finger with wheel guns. They can hurt

10 hours ago, Zeke said:

Just remember where you put your finger with wheel guns. They can hurt

Yeah thats not for me yet. I think id like a glock 17l but they seem hard to get. I enjoy customizing guns and i think glocks would be the easiest to work on. 

8 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

Yeah thats not for me yet. I think id like a glock 17l but they seem hard to get. I enjoy customizing guns and i think glocks would be the easiest to work on. 

You can always get the lower and build your own.

https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/

6 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

This is certainly cool, im going to research how difficult this is. How do i so this legally? Have everything shipped to my ffl?

These are 100% lowers. You use your p2p jus like any other handgun. Then start buying your upgrades. My ex wife built one.

just like an ar. 

1 minute ago, Cheflife15 said:

Zeke ive only been here for like 2 months lol. Whats p2p? Permits? 

Handgun permit.

the lower gets shipped to your ffl.

the other parts get shipped to you. If you are gonna upgrade, might as well start from scratch ( cheaper? Maybe)

And try the meatloaf! It’s good!

• Like 1

P2P is shorthand for "Permit To Purchase"

If you insist on getting another bottom feeder, Tony13 certainly has the right idea. While purists may insist that ALL 1911's should be .45's, a 9mm 1911 is a thing of beauty. Even I have one...

DSC01160.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob<---still thinks you should go for the 9mm revolver

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 6/20/2020 at 2:52 PM, Pizza Bob said:

If you insist on getting another bottom feeder, Tony13 certainly has the right idea. While purists may insist that ALL 1911's should be .45's, a 9mm 1911 is a thing of beauty. Even I have one...

DSC01160.jpg

Adios,

That is a beautiful pistol. I actually stumbled upon a shadow 1 tac 2 which was modified by cz customs... Couldn't say no. Luckily i have 2 more pistol permits. The hardest part is waiting the 30 days. 

DSC01160.jpg

Where's the wheel thingy on that?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Where's the wheel thingy on that?

That's why I said, "Even I..."

Contrary to popular belief, I do own some bottom-feeders, although they are outnumbered in my safe by a ratio of greater than 3:1.

I keep them separated so they don't infect my wheelguns.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

That's why I said, "Even I..."

Contrary to popular belief, I do own some bottom-feeders, although they are outnumbered in my safe by a ratio of greater than 3:1.

I keep them separated so they don't infect my wheelguns.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Make sure you put a mask on them!

10 hours ago, Heavyopp said:

9mm 1911’s are for girls

there, I said it

If it’s not gonna be .45 acp then it has to be 38 super

Do these count?

45-ACP-Revolvers.jpg

Can I get my man-card now?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Oh, almost forgot, I have a .38 Super revolver too.

PB

3 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Im going to try and rent one next time i go to easton heritage club. See if i like them. Can i ask why you have such a love for revolvers

They're what I grew up with. Even when I was shooting IPSC in the 80's (with a .45 ACP 1911 I might add), the only semi-autos that you would see were 1911's, a smattering of BHP's and every now and then the oddball S&W 59.

Just look at the beauty of them - something that will never be achieved with "tactical tupperware". They are more challenging to shoot, but if you can master a revolver (I haven't thus far) you will shoot your semi-auto better. They teach things like concentrating on the front sight, a smooth pull of the trigger with follow-through. I just enjoy shooting them a lot more than any bottom-feeder I own.

But, I am old.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Adios,

I've got both a .45 and a 9mm 1911.  The 9mm is SUCH a soft shooter...almost like shooting a .22 LR.  And ammo is cheap (at least is was, until the current Wuhan Flu bugaboo hit).

Still prefer a nice .38 or .357 revolver, though.....

1 minute ago, W2MC said:

I've got both a .45 and a 9mm 1911.  The 9mm is SUCH a soft shooter...almost like shooting a .22 LR.  And ammo is cheap (until the current Wuhan Flu bugaboo hit).

Still prefer a nice .38 or .357 revolver, though.....

This is my thought process. Ammo is so expensive im just not interested in a 45 yet.