PK90

50BMG ?

Anyone shoot a 50BMG rifle on a regular basis? I have an itch and need input on scratching it. No budget.

Single-Shot, Bolt, or Semi? 

I would love a Semi-Bullpup, but are there any available in the US?

There was a member at OBRPC that had a semi, let me and my buddy send some rounds down range one day, very soft shooter compared to my 7mm Magnum on a bench! Don't remember his name, not sure if he is on here or maybe someone on here knows him.

I've shot a Barret model 82. Very effective brake and recoil system. Id say it's less punishing than shooting 3" magnum slugs from a 12 gauge. However you also get a serious pressure wave from it. So you get the recoil plus a sensation akin to someone tossing a light fluffy pillow at your face. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

I've shot a Barret model 82. Very effective brake and recoil system. Id say it's less punishing than shooting 3" magnum slugs from a 12 gauge. However you also get a serious pressure wave from it. So you get the recoil plus a sensation akin to someone tossing a light fluffy pillow at your face. 

Great description! When I put a muzzle brake on my Saiga-12 it literally blew the hat off my head! The RO standing to the side of me had to strap his hat on tighter (we were doing Knockdown Steel at OBRPC). 

On 6/19/2020 at 9:42 AM, PK90 said:

Anyone shoot a 50BMG rifle on a regular basis? I have an itch and need input on scratching it. No budget.

Single-Shot, Bolt, or Semi? 

I would love a Semi-Bullpup, but are there any available in the US?

@PK90

Go big or go home. Get a 20MM rifle for 11k. They have a suppressor available as well.

http://www.anzioironworks.com/MAG-FED-20MM-RIFLE.htm

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2020 at 8:35 AM, PK90 said:

Okay. Barrett 82A1 "in the house". Now gotta wait til temps dip below 100 to shoot it. Probably not until October.

42704.jpeg

why the 20" barrel over the 29"?   im considering an M107A1 and prefer the shorty. 

I went with the 20' over the 29" for the maneuverability. I kind of think I should of went with the 29" due to the velocity loss. So much powder needs more time to burn. I think my MV is somewhere around 2450 as compared to somewhere around 2700 with a 29" barrel. More speed is getting more energy downrange, not to mention Id be getting the muzzle blast 9inches farher away from me.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 12:20 PM, ChrisJM981 said:

@PK90

Go big or go home. Get a 20MM rifle for 11k. They have a suppressor available as well.

http://www.anzioironworks.com/MAG-FED-20MM-RIFLE.htm

I imagine a single shot on target would be sufficient. A bargain at $9,800.

On 11/19/2020 at 11:27 AM, wangsly said:

I went with the 20' over the 29" for the maneuverability. I kind of think I should of went with the 29" due to the velocity loss. So much powder needs more time to burn. I think my MV is somewhere around 2450 as compared to somewhere around 2700 with a 29" barrel. More speed is getting more energy downrange, not to mention Id be getting the muzzle blast 9inches farher away from me.

You need a suppressor.