124gr9mm

Building a Glock?

I know we can't build a pistol from an 80% kit, but has anyone ever built a Glock from parts online?

I have a permit about to expire and I've been looking to pickup a sub-compact 9mm (if for no other reason than I don't have one).

Gun prices in general are really high right now, but on Gun Broker I see lots of Glock G26 lower frames available, so I've been considering grabbing one of those and just picking up the rest as the mood strikes me this summer.  I've done this before for rifles, but never for a pistol.

Anyone build a Glock like this and have any success/fail stories to share?

Dropping $200 now on a brand new OEM Glock 26 (gen 3) lower makes more sense to me than spending a LOT more on a complete pistol.

I've looked at this too but from what I've seen its not much of a savings if that's what you are looking to do. Add a barrel, bare slide and the slide kit your'e right up there with the cost.  I guess you have the satisfaction of saying you building it. Other question is reliability unless you are going all OEM parts. 

Good point about OEM parts vs. 3rd party.

It's NJ so I can't carry, but reliability is always a top consideration, so I'd probably be sticking with OEM anyway.  I'd just be spreading out the payments (and adding extra shipping costs).

Maybe I'll look around to see if any other compact/subcompacts catch my eye and would be available in the next couple of weeks.

Have you handled the G26? Like you said we're in NJ. May have pinky hang. Maybe the G19 gen3 a better model to work with? I've seen a lot of deals on that model type lately. I heard Palmaetto State Armory has a really snappy lookin G19 clone. They call it the dagger and it's supposed to be starting at $299.for the base model. Just food for thought. Yeah I ain't helping. Sorry! To top it off it's not available yet. Supposed to have dropped but still nada.

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2020/01/22/palmetto-state-armory-ps9-dagger/

Here's some other sites that I've seen parts fom. YMMV.

https://www.spintaprecision.com/glock-parts/?sort=featured&page=1

https://3crtactical.com/

https://www.brownells.com/search/index.htm?k=glock+parts&ksubmit=y

Edited by My1stGlock

I'm actually back and forth between the G26 and G19.  I've handled them both so either one would be good.  I have a G17 so I initially leaned towards the G26 because it was a bigger difference.  But the difference between the G26 and G19 isn't all that great, so I lean back towards the G19.

The PS9 looks interesting, but I'll wait for a few generations to go by before taking a look.

FOr now it will probably be whichever G19 (...or G26) I come across before my permit expires.

51 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

I'm actually back and forth between the G26 and G19.  I've handled them both so either one would be good.  I have a G17 so I initially leaned towards the G26 because it was a bigger difference.  But the difference between the G26 and G19 isn't all that great, so I lean back towards the G19.

I posted my guide to the Glocks here a couple of years ago in a Glock Photo thread, but it might be helpful to repeat.  The original text is below.

OK, somebody make this post a sticky.   It will save everyone the time and effort of posting photos of their Glocks.

Open this image:   

Glock 17 

That's a photo of a Glock 17, a standard size Glock.  The other standard size Glocks (G20, G21, G22, etc) look exactly like that.

Now move closer to your screen.   See how the gun looks bigger?  That's a competition model (G34, G35, G41).  They all look the same.

Move a little closer to the screen.  You are now looking at a long slide (G17L, G24, G40)  There is no need to look at photos of the individual models; they're the same damn thing.

Now, from your normal viewing position, move a little further from the screen.   See how the image got smaller?  You are now looking at a compact model (G19, G23...).

Finally, move back just a little more.  You're now looking at the subcompact models (G26, G27, G29, G30...)

That's it.  The entire Glock pistol model matrix, in one photo.

Mods--you may now close this thread.

• Haha 2

On 6/19/2020 at 11:09 PM, 10X said:

I posted my guide to the Glocks here a couple of years ago in a Glock Photo thread, but it might be helpful to repeat.  The original text is below.

OK, somebody make this post a sticky.   It will save everyone the time and effort of posting photos of their Glocks.

Open this image:   

Glock 17 

That's a photo of a Glock 17, a standard size Glock.  The other standard size Glocks (G20, G21, G22, etc) look exactly like that.

Now move closer to your screen.   See how the gun looks bigger?  That's a competition model (G34, G35, G41).  They all look the same.

Move a little closer to the screen.  You are now looking at a long slide (G17L, G24, G40)  There is no need to look at photos of the individual models; they're the same damn thing.

Now, from your normal viewing position, move a little further from the screen.   See how the image got smaller?  You are now looking at a compact model (G19, G23...).

Finally, move back just a little more.  You're now looking at the subcompact models (G26, G27, G29, G30...)

That's it.  The entire Glock pistol model matrix, in one photo.

Mods--you may now close this thread.

Snob

12 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Even if you built an oem glock it would cost considerably more money. 

The only reason to build is if you planned on customizing one from the get go. Not to mention those customized glock parts cost a fridge arm and a leg. 

Sell more honey

On 6/19/2020 at 10:15 PM, 124gr9mm said:

The PS9 looks interesting, but I'll wait for a few generations to go by before taking a look.

FOr now it will probably be whichever G19 (...or G26) I come across before my permit expires.

G26 is my EDC and a retired federal LEO friend carries a G27.

Think about your reason for wanting it.  There's not enough difference between the G17 and G19 that it matters for you.

Thanks a lot...now I want to build a Glock 19. Gold barrel, ported slide, gold accents like mag release, slide stop, mag plate, etc. If anyone has a site I can get a frame for a Glock 19 from let me know. I'm also looking at the NOMAD G19 frame. A bit more expensive but is a really nice piece.

15 hours ago, InFamous said:

Thanks a lot...now I want to build a Glock 19. Gold barrel, ported slide, gold accents like mag release, slide stop, mag plate, etc. If anyone has a site I can get a frame for a Glock 19 from let me know. I'm also looking at the NOMAD G19 frame. A bit more expensive but is a really nice piece.

Stripped frame here - https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/product/glock-oem-frames-stripped-complete-g17-g19/

Still waiting for my permits, but I'm leaning towards this frame. Anyone have experience with this particular one?

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/frame-parts/frames/pfc9-serialized-frame-for-g19-23-std-texture-black-sku100030050-115783-216633.aspx

Does anyone has a picture stock glock vs polymer80 or any other custom frame?

I’m a CZ fan and I do have g19 but I cant use it due to ergonomics, it hits base bone of my  thumb, and makes it uncomfortable to shoot. I still like to try custom, less bulky frame With different angle. 

On 8/3/2020 at 9:45 PM, Matroskin said:

Does anyone has a picture stock glock vs polymer80 or any other custom frame?

I’m a CZ fan and I do have g19 but I cant use it due to ergonomics, it hits base bone of my  thumb, and makes it uncomfortable to shoot. I still like to try custom, less bulky frame With different angle. 

I built a P80... and the grip definitely feels more "straight" if that makes any sense.. 

P80-1.png

On 8/2/2020 at 5:59 PM, InFamous said:

Still waiting for my permits, but I'm leaning towards this frame. Anyone have experience with this particular one?

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/frame-parts/frames/pfc9-serialized-frame-for-g19-23-std-texture-black-sku100030050-115783-216633.aspx

Yes
I  have experience with that particular frame, and the full-size version.
Mine has the opposite of Glock pig nose, the front polymer dips down and away from the slide for about 1/16th of an inch gap.
Use oem parts ( except for the magazine release, slide release, magazine release spring, pins,) everything else I have tried just does not work.
Assembly is easy, but you may have to sand the rails to get things moving right. Tons of support online, but not tons of fitment support from poly80.

There are also other serialized frames out that are that are glock compatible for around the same price.
https://www.glockstore.com/GSX-100-Frame?quantity=1&color=1
https://www.primaryarms.com/nomad-defense-glock-19-gen-4-frame

and for more 
https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Timberwolf

Poly80 has pretty good customer service, and have sent replacement rails ( even though it's a cosmetic defect not a rail issue) for both frames at the drop of an email. 

• Like 1