antdre20

New to the gun world....

7 minutes ago, Bomber said:

The transfer FFL will keep them, or charge you to limit them to 10 rounds, or the seller may not even ship them to N.J.

Personally, I prefer to pay the extra $ for factory 10 rounders, better re-sale value than hacked up standard mags.

Agreed. Another concern was about extra weight of the pinned/welded/epoxied standard mags. Seriously what is the weight comparizon of the 15-round (G19 standard) and the factory 10-rounders?

2 minutes ago, Antonio5 said:

Agreed. Another concern was about extra weight of the pinned/welded/epoxied standard mags. Seriously what is the weight comparizon of the 15-round (G19 standard) and the factory 10-rounders?

Weight difference is probably negligible.

Also to consider is cleaning. Can the floor plates be remover or replaced on modified 15/17 rounders?

Thats another reason I Iike the S&W SD9, the 16 and 10 round mags are identical except for a crimp in the middle of the 10 rounders. Floor plates can be easily removed or swapped out.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bomber said:

BTW while you at it check out the new S&W M&P EZ 9mm, smooth shooting gun. I would have purchase it over the .380 EZ but they weren't available at the time.

Only 8 round mags but that makes things easier in N.J. 

Was it a "Performance" series? I still like the S&W M&P9 compact with 4" barrel better. Not sure about the trigger on the EZ.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 14.56.50.png

4 minutes ago, Antonio5 said:

Was it a "Performance" series? I still like the S&W M&P9 compact with 4" barrel better.

Just the standard 9mm EZ.  

I don't care for the pimped out Performance Center versions. 

The M&P EZ is hammer fired BTW, totally different trigger feel and design.