Mods im not sure if this is in the right spot if its not please move.

I was wondering if anyone know anything about NJ2AS shutting down? There is a thread on Reddit with them no longer answering and one of the guys has been breaking off to start something called The Bluestar Union?

Also it seems like he has been shadow banned by Reddit?

@Downtownv - I notice you post a lot about NJ2AS on here... do you happen to know anything about this poster's question? Anyone else? @Smokin .50 - you are always up on 2A topics in the state - do you know anything?

It's my impression that most of the 2A orgs, especially in NJ, are only lightly staffed... just a few people doing the bulk of the work. So, I'm guessing it's nothing more than a communications delay during a difficult time. After all, already-stretched volunteers are dealing with the same pandemic issues the rest of the population are, like having their school-age kids underfoot, etc.  But, if we know something tangible, feel free to share. Otherwise, let's not assume the org's ill health. 

Meanwhile, here's the website for this other org mentioned in the post: https://www.bluestarunion.com/ 

19 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

@Downtownv - I notice you post a lot about NJ2AS on here... do you happen to know anything about this poster's question? Anyone else? @Smokin .50 - you are always up on 2A topics in the state - do you know anything?

It's my impression that most of the 2A orgs, especially in NJ, are only lightly staffed... just a few people doing the bulk of the work. So, I'm guessing it's nothing more than a communications delay during a difficult time. After all, already-stretched volunteers are dealing with the same pandemic issues the rest of the population are, like having their school-age kids underfoot, etc.  But, if we know something tangible, feel free to share. Otherwise, let's not assume the org's ill health. 

Meanwhile, here's the website for this other org mentioned in the post: https://www.bluestarunion.com/ 

I think Alex (nj2as) and Dan (blue star) must have had a disagreement on the whole billboard campaign because the live streams ended abruptly and then blue star union was born and the billboard came up a week or so ago.

we have too much splintering in the nj 2A world. I get it that each association has their purpose but I would expect them to have some type of “summit” to coordinate their efforts (maybe I’m wrong but there is always strength in numbers).

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, NJRulz said:

I think Alex (nj2as) and Dan (blue star) must have had a disagreement on the whole billboard campaign because the live streams ended abruptly and then blue star union was born and the billboard came up a week or so ago.

we have too much splintering in the nj 2A world. I get it that each association has their purpose but I would expect them to have some type of “summit” to coordinate their efforts (maybe I’m wrong but there is always strength in numbers).

Learn from Virginia, One Loud voice! The judges and politicians piss on these groups, they don't have the numbers.

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, NJRulz said:

we have too much splintering in the nj 2A world.

I somewhat disagree. ANJRPC, CNJFO and some of the NJ women's shooting groups have actually cooperated very readily across a number of legal cases, 2A events and other efforts - and continue to do so. Just several weeks ago, as one small example, the Communications Dir for CNJFO - Theresa Inacker - was the scheduled speaker on a Zoom call organized by some of the NJ chapters of "The Well-Armed Woman" (TWAW). These groups cross-pollinate all the time.

NJ2AS was perhaps a bit of an outlier in that regard... possibly due to their more confrontational style. That said, even Anthony Colandro of GunForHire (and ANJRPC) had Alex Roubian (of NJ2AS) on one of his recent radio broadcasts (it's posted on here btw). So, yeah, it's not as splintered as you might think.

Honestly? I don't think splintering is the big challenge we face... I think a lack of active, passionate volunteers is more the issue. We have a lot of complainers, far fewer doers. People shouldn't just join 1 or more 2A orgs... they need to volunteer. That's the answer IMO.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I somewhat disagree. ANJRPC, CNJFO and some of the NJ women's shooting groups have actually cooperated very readily across a number of legal cases, 2A events and other efforts - and continue to do so. Just several weeks ago, as one small example, the Communications Dir for CNJFO - Theresa Inacker - was the scheduled speaker on a Zoom call organized by some of the NJ chapters of "The Well-Armed Woman" (TWAW). These groups cross-pollinate all the time.

NJ2AS was perhaps a bit of an outlier in that regard... possibly due to their more confrontational style. That said, even Anthony Colandro of GunForHire (and ANJRPC) had Alex Roubian (of NJ2AS) on one of his recent radio broadcasts (it's posted on here btw). So, yeah, it's not as splintered as you might think.

Honestly? I don't think splintering is the big challenge we face... I think a lack of active, passionate volunteers is more the issue. We have a lot of complainers, far fewer doers. People shouldn't just join 1 or more 2A orgs... they need to volunteer. That's the answer IMO.

I think you would see far more doers if there was one large push that everyone could get behind. Its difficult for folks to support 5 or 6 different groups monetarily and especially physically. Today everyone has so many time constraints with work fam etc.. 

If there was one large organized push from all the groups TOGETHER I think you would see a big difference.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, NRAJ said:

I think you would see far more doers if there was one large push that everyone could get behind. Its difficult for folks to support 5 or 6 different groups monetarily and especially physically. Today everyone has so many time constraints with work fam etc.. 

If there was one large organized push from all the groups TOGETHER I think you would see a big difference.

That is what I meant in splintered.  Its tough donating to so many orgs.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 2:15 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

Well funny you should ask.

Update on NJ2AS President after near-fatal motor vehicle accident

First off, a big thank you to the Second Amendment community for the concern our members and friends have shown over the past few weeks. Your support and kindness has meant a lot to Alex and the entire team.

We wanted to provide a brief update to those who have not directly heard about Alex’s accident and his ongoing recovery (good news: he is continuing to get stronger!).

On May 30, 2020, at approximately 9:00pm, NJ2AS President Alex “Alejandro” Roubian was involved in a motor vehicle accident when a deer jumped in front of his motorcycle while he was heading home on Interstate 287. Alex was driving back to his residence from spending the day with his brother in Greenwood Lake, NY.

IMG_0813-rotated.jpg Remnant of the deer that Alex struck head-on. 

Alex suffered multiple serious injuries and spent a few days in the Intensive Trauma Unit. We are happy to announce he has made significant improvements since the accident and will make a full recovery.

Alex wanted to personally thank the NJ2AS team for supporting him and being by his side the entire time, while also continuing the fight for our Second Amendment freedoms.

Alex was proud to discover that in the past 3 weeks the NJ2AS team was able to make several more towns reopen their firearms processing departments and the NJ2AS legal team made significant progress in their lawsuit against Governor Murphy by having Alex’s press access and credentials restored and reinstated. More details to follow.

IMG_1318-1024x768.jpg Alex receiving a copy of the signed Consent Order that reinstated his press credentials after he was excluded from attending Gov. Murphy’s press conferences.

Alex is focused on recovering at home and we will continue to update you on his progress.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Holy crap - I just saw that email too.  Didn't know he smeared a deer...  Glad he's ok.  If he was in his

2 hours ago, NRAJ said:

Each org has their own priorities though - that's the thing.

ANJRPC is the NRA here in NJ - they encompass everything.

CNJFO is fighting against the "justifiable need" requirement to get Concealed Carry here in NJ, as well as providing education and instruction.

SAW/TWAW - I do not know what they're throwing their support behind, or if they're more of female 2A groups...

NJ2AS was created here in NJGF from several members who wanted to become more active in the Pro-2A community...  I remember going to some of the original meetings, etc.  There was a change in leadership, etc.  While they've been fairly effective at doing stuff regarding FID Compliance and the taser stuff, they haven't collaborated with the ANJRPC regarding the CCW cases.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Holy crap - I just saw that email too.  Didn't know he smeared a deer...  Glad he's ok.  If he was in his

ANJRPC is the NRA here in NJ - they encompass everything.

CNJFO is fighting against the "justifiable need" requirement to get Concealed Carry here in NJ, as well as providing education and instruction.

SAW/TWAW - I do not know what they're throwing their support behind, or if they're more of female 2A groups...

NJ2AS was created here in NJGF from several members who wanted to become more active in the Pro-2A community...  I remember going to some of the original meetings, etc.  There was a change in leadership, etc.  While they've been fairly effective at doing stuff regarding FID Compliance and the taser stuff, they haven't collaborated with the ANJRPC regarding the CCW cases.

This Is exactly the problem and the reason 2A rights will continue to be trampled on . Everyone that supports the 2a has to realize that you many not agree with everything 100% the other guy/girl does or says  but we have to fight together. Separated we just get brushed aside .

27 minutes ago, siderman said:

Just saw this in my mailbox too. Glad he's doing ok, he is a 2A warrior.

I wasn't aware either--very glad to see him on the mend.

Now what I really want to know is who paid off the deer for the attempted assassination.   I have a hunch the money trail will lead back to Trenton...

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

@Mrs. Peel I'm answering my page :) 

You are correct with everything you wrote.  We need doers & not complainers.  We especially don't need the ignorant dreamers that keep telling us they want us to MERGE financially, for that IS AGAINST FEDERAL LAW as we can't "cross-pollinate" checking accounts, as not every group is a registered non-profit, and even those that ARE don't hold the same status.  CNJFO is a 501(c)3 charitable & educational non-profit, and federal law dictates what we're allowed to do (we can't lobby politicians or tell you who to vote for, for instance) because folks whom donate to us can write it off.

2 hours ago, NJRulz said:

That is what I meant in splintered.  Its tough donating to so many orgs.

No, not really.  But most here would rather horde ammo by the case every time a new law gets signed than spend less than $150 donating annually to the 3 biggest groups!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, NRAJ said:

This Is exactly the problem and the reason 2A rights will continue to be trampled on . Everyone that supports the 2a has to realize that you many not agree with everything 100% the other guy/girl does or says  but we have to fight together. Separated we just get brushed aside .

Are you volunteering to put some skin in the game?  If so what are YOU good at?  I mean besides typing?  There's plenty of work that needs done, and lots of committees working right now.  In fact, I'd venture to say that the average member here is somewhat isolated from all of the volunteerism currently being done on their behalf, and they probably don't even realize it.

Mind you I type this not caring with whom you choose to donate your time, talent or treasure with....just do SOMETHING other than type here!

• Agree 2

I hope Alex gets back on his feet ASAP!  I was told he was in an accident & sworn to secrecy.  I respected his privacy these last several weeks as the world came to an end without him.  I made no public comments about NJ2AS whereabouts, how many people they actually have, or why they fell completely off the radar screen.  I'm glad he went public and is on the mend!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Are you volunteering to put some skin in the game?  If so what are YOU good at?  I mean besides typing?  There's plenty of work that needs done, and lots of committees working right now.  In fact, I'd venture to say that the average member here is somewhat isolated from all of the volunteerism currently being done on their behalf, and they probably don't even realize it.

Mind you I type this not caring with whom you choose to donate your time, talent or treasure with....just do SOMETHING other than type here!

You sadly seem to assume I dont already. Like I said in my post above allot of folks do not have time to physically help but do so monetarily. That's how I choose to support the org that i  think has the best chance of actually getting something meaningful done.

I like many people in the same boat as me would love to be able to support everyone but its simply not realistic. If there was a clearing house for 2A issues in Jersey that everyone could get behind that would be ideal.

4 hours ago, NRAJ said:

As was mentioned earlier, Virginia is the model for what should be done.  I belong to VCDL and three other 2A organizations in VA.  Every town and county has a group that has been formed through word of mouth and Facebook.  VCDL is a great organization, they get the word out and people show up.  No money involved.  We had busses to Richmond from all over the state that were coordinated at a local level, not VCDL.  The big difference here in VA is that people show up and are very passionate about the 2A. I took the day off of work to go to the rally because it was important enough to me.  I never saw the level of commitment on a large scale when I lived in in NJ (including from myself). Just a lot of people wanting others to organize and never showing up when it counts.

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

As was mentioned earlier, Virginia is the model for what should be done.  I belong to VCDL and three other 2A organizations in VA.  Every town and county has a group that has been formed through word of mouth and Facebook.  VCDL is a great organization, they get the word out and people show up.  No money involved.  We had busses to Richmond from all over the state that were coordinated at a local level, not VCDL.  The big difference here in VA is that people show up and are very passionate about the 2A. I took the day off of work to go to the rally because it was important enough to me.  I never saw the level of commitment on a large scale when I lived in in NJ (including from myself). Just a lot of people wanting others to organize and never showing up when it counts.

One of the rallies here, ANJRPC had busses... and promptly got asked "is there food available?  Is it kosher/vegan/etc.?"  Uh... it's a BUS...  Rather than complaining or whining - get your asses on it.  I volunteered to be bus captain.  Everyone got there and got home safely.

• Agree 2

There was already an NJ2AS splinter group that was formed awhile ago when whiners were not happy with Frank, the founder. A poster on here named Wojo, I believe was involved in it. Never went anywhere of course, they probably couldn't agree on what to call it.

4 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

No, not really.  But most here would rather horde ammo by the case every time a new law gets signed than spend less than $150 donating annually to the 3 biggest groups!

Rosie great job you’re doing of educating the public.   500$ coming your way this year.   Anyone care to match me ?  #rosie.   Anyone?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

Here;s what Unity gets you!

Northam’s New Background Check Law Challenged In Court

Posted at 7:00 pm on June 23, 2020 by Cam Edwards

Northam's New Background Check Law Challenged In Court

Next Wednesday, Gov. Ralph Northam’s gun control agenda takes effect in Virginia, with red flag laws, gun rationing, and several other pieces of legislation going into effect. One of the new laws requires background checks on all gun sales, and on Monday, the Virginia Citizens Defense League and Gun Owners of America filed suit in a state court challenging the new law on the grounds that it violates the state constitution.

The lawsuit, which will be heard in Lynchburg, Virginia, argues that the new law “significantly restricts” the rights of both gun sellers and gun purchasers protected by the Virginia state constitution, which says in Article I, Section 13 that “[t]hat a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed…”

https://bearingarms.com/came/2020/06/23/northam-background-check-court/?utm_source=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&bcid=bc1d86e1053dd21c60a121534def959c

• Informative 1

58 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

The lawsuit, which will be heard in Lynchburg, Virginia, 

If the governor is so committed to liberal virtue signaling, why isn’t he spending his time trying to rename Lynchburg?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NRAJ said:

You sadly seem to assume I dont already. Like I said in my post above allot of folks do not have time to physically help but do so monetarily. That's how I choose to support the org that i  think has the best chance of actually getting something meaningful done.

I like many people in the same boat as me would love to be able to support everyone but its simply not realistic. If there was a clearing house for 2A issues in Jersey that everyone could get behind that would be ideal.

I don't assume anything.  I know that no such pipe dream "clearing house" will ever exist.  Primarily due to the fact that nobody would want to attempt to run it.  Much too complicated, both for the accountants and the rank & file members.  As previously mentioned it's against federal law and the IRS tax code to blend monies with non-profits.  Nothing in NJ is ideal.  It's all a compromise.  So get over it.

I'm glad you do more than type here, and thanks for donating treasure (dollars) to whichever 2A organization(s) you choose.  We each have a role to play and succeed (for the most part) in fulfilling those roles.

What passionate gun owners here need to understand is responding HERE is additional work in & of itself.  When it gets busy, between social media and this forum I put in a full time job's worth of hours.  And I'm the only #2AHeavyLifter that does post regularly on this forum that I know of.  Every other group, person or entity ('cept for Anthony at Gun For Hire) has written-off being here as a waste of time, effort & money.

~R