GunNewb

My first other

Hey all. 

New here. I promise I searched and read a bunch of stuff written on this topic but wanted to distill it down more if you don't mind.

My first AR was looking at Troy and Dark Storm ($$$)

Was encourage to look at Stag (which I don't see much discussion of here) and Radical.

I know more money doesn't always equal better gun (and never means a better shot) but I see in the discussions that sights, ambi parts etc do kinda matter for the money.

Please help me clear my head. i am hitting paralysis by analysis mode 

Thank you kindly

9 minutes ago, GunNewb said:

That is what I am leaning toward

Their battle sights alone are worth 180 bucks. TROY quality is up there, so it's definitely a good pick. I have no idea what availability looks like or current pricing, but if i had to buy a complete one, it would be Troy or Modern Material. 

14 minutes ago, SJG said:

Mfg by a licensed FFL remanufacturer https://www.gunbroker.com/item/864544749. This is one kick ass "Other"

It says overall length 25.8". This is needs an NFA tax stamp for an AOW. It is not a non-NFA other firearm as they have to be 26" OAL.

1 hour ago, Mr.Stu said:

It says overall length 25.8". This is needs an NFA tax stamp for an AOW. It is not a non-NFA other firearm as they have to be 26" OAL.

Curious about this arrangement.  

Its advertised as an other, but clearly ifnunder 26" its NFA regulated.

Is the muzzle device pinned? Could that help get over 26"? 

I believe the reciever extension is superficial, maybe even foldable, which may be why it's considered 25.8" with a 14" barrel.

Not to mention the price is way high... 700 bucks over MSRP and all it has added is a sba4. I won't even count the red dot it comes with as any value.

it was manufactured by :
Red Planet Arsenal, in Waterbury, CT. They are one of the MANY firearm manufacturers in CT that manufacture Others. They say it qualifies as a non-NFA other in Conn. If it works there it has to work here, I would think