On 6/25/2020 at 11:00 PM, Cheflife15 said:

Any real need for these? Should i be storing ammo in these to keep long term? I dont feel like we live in a rather moist environment. 

Moisture and temp will kill any ammo... look at most paki 303....

A good usgi can with good rubber seal is cheap insurance. ..

If you are packing it for long term....do it on less humid days...in the winter...  if you want to get crazy you can toss in a desiccant pack..and seal....  keep the temp regulated...and it will be good for at least 50 years if not more....

• Agree 1

Only reason the bulk of my ammo is in cans and not their original boxes, is I had a basement flood that wetted down most of it.

3 days with large towels, dumping out ammo and rolling it around gently to dry, then running large fans over them; I had to put it all in something. Thankfully HF had their $3/30cal can sale going on at the time.

frankly, they're useful for a lot of other things as well, and stack nicely.  You can even get the MTM ones with the carrier for a good price if you're patient.

• Like 1

http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/shooting/4-can-ammo-c-30-AC-sec.php

AC4C-A-400.jpg

AC4C-C.jpg

AC3C-A400.jpg

I have one of the 3-can kits in the back of my jeep.  First Aid, Towing+pump, emergency blankets.  Easy to get them all out when needed, and quick to grab when you need just one.

When I went to Easton recently, I loaded up a 4-can one with .22, 9, .38, .45. easy way to sort and contain.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

1 minute ago, Sota said:

http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/shooting/4-can-ammo-c-30-AC-sec.php

AC4C-A-400.jpg

AC4C-C.jpg

AC3C-A400.jpg

I have one of the 3-can kits in the back of my jeep.  First Aid, Towing+pump, emergency blankets.  Easy to get them all out when needed, and quick to grab when you need just one.

Yes I saw you had these. i might pick a few up. These are awesome.

14 minutes ago, vladtepes said:

makes for easier storage.. in boxes ammo takes up X amount of space.. with the dividers and all that.. if you get rid of all that and just put it in the can.. it will hold a ton more.. 

True, I have some ammo dumped in plastic zip locks of 100 rds each.  I also include the end flap from the box with the lot number.

I haven't tried it but I don't think you'd get more than the 1000 rds of 45 ACP in GI boxes in a 50 caliber can.

Keeping it in factory boxes is neater and something you should consider if you might resell it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1