MichaelDiggs

Eye balls are getting larger...

Why this always happens this time of year, have no idea. I currently have everything in my signature and I'm still looking for something revolutionary in an AR-15 being NJ compliant. To me, the AR-15 is almost a perfect weapon, with quick take downs, cleanings, strong steel where it needs to be and it just works if it is made properly. I do want to end up with 3 total. I guess 2 of them isn't good enough for my small brain. I want one FULL MADE. Do not have the time or eyesight to build one myself. Those days are over. I can be your grandparent if the divide is big enough. I love anything that comes from BCM. I've had, sold, bought and had more. In the end I settled keeping the beautiful Bronze Reece 556 NATO. And also settled on a Rebel Arms MOD3. They may have been sold off or went out of business but their AR I beat the crap out of and that stays true to god. I will never let these two go, so will be looking for an AR-15 with DE. compliance or New Jersey. My dad lives in DE. I live in NJ. Is he allowed to gift me a DE. complaint rifle or that's not happening when Murphy slips in some law while we are looking at the COVID news. SLICK.

So the bottom line, preferably a great quality LITE AR-15, minimilistic besides a small scope and maybe some legs on it. Nothing heavy. Older I get, the lighter I want. I will check every recommendation on the responses, so if you are sending me into the Devils pit please let me know. Something new, cool, and that works!

Thanks fellas. Old man Mike here.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure any rifle coming into NJ must be NJ compliant. If it isn't compliant, you can still take possession from your father  of it and bring it into NJ assuming you make the required changes to it to make it compliant (verify you don't have too many "evil" features, i.e. pin and weld a compliant muzzle break, pin the collapsible stock, remove bayonet lug, etc)... I forget the legality of family transfers across state lines, but I'm pretty sure it'll need to go through an FFL per federal guidelines.

For what I anticipate to be a lite, reliable high quality AR I'd suggest the Brownell's WWSD complete rifle. You can pre-order now, and from what I understand they should start to ship in July - August. You'll just have to pin and weld a NJ compliant brake.  I'm personally waiting on a couple of WWSD lowers for some new projects.

https://www.brownells.com/guntech/wwsd2020/detail.htm?lid=17958

Laugh all you want about the polymer lower, but I'm going to give it a run! Ian and Karl at InRangeTV put their predecessors through the ringer a couple of years ago and were pretty happy. ;) I've had this type of build on my radar for awhile. I think the rifle will check all the boxes for what you described, light, minimalistic, and hopefully reliable. I say "hopefully" reliable, only because Brownell's is putting them together, and some of their reproduction rifles have been reported to have a few issues. From what I've heard they do stand behind their products. I can't speak to that myself, but someone here may have personal experience.

I'm aware of what needs to be compliant in this state- NEW JERSEY. The only way I was able to get a Bravo Company AR was to go through a private FFL ( mas stores wouldn't go near it ) since BCM won't even ship anything to NJ at all. Somehow the FFL dealer I dealt with got it just right. What I meant about the Delaware thing was I would be able to purchase a non-complaint NJ rifle and then have the professional work done to make it compliant. I've seen some really crappy jobs when a company tries to pin a stock when they really don't know how.

Anyway that WWSD does look interesting. I wonder how over time the metal and polymer rubbing together would wear? Unlike a hand gun, the metal slide usually sits on metal rails or something. I would have loved them to touch the display they had sitting on the table but it was probably a cardboard cut out!  :)

Did he say 6lbs! Wow, I could shoot that all day and wouldn't even feel it. I really want to see someone pull that charging handle and hear it. I assume it's gas that throws the bolt back into the polymer. Wowzers, can't wait to see that piece. I don't like the old school stock, but the tradition is there.