Heavyopp

Guncrafter — anyone have one?

I’ve been milling around a rather large purchase — a Guncrafter model 2 in .45 acp

wondering if anyone has anything guncrafter, or if you’ve seen one in a shop locally

I need to see one in person, hold it — I’ve been back and forth with this for days now, just can’t seem to get myself to pull the trigger

Thanks, Jer

I do not have one but I did get to shoot one in 50gi. Everything about the gun was awsome. Fit, finish, engraving ect was top notch. It was a step or two above the Nighthawk the guy also had and let me shoot. 

I’m not even sure if I like the full length rail/dust cover — kinda why I want to see one

As for the guncrafter, its a new gun priced a few hundred below dealer cost — made by GI as a 45 acp so its not a 50 with the 45 conversion — makes it accept standard wilson mags

With the added weight recoil  should be nothing,  while still being 45 and capable of a light for nightstand duty

although i have never seen a GI in person, I’ve always wanted 1 — not particularly the model 2 but it is priced right — I figure I can sell it if I need to and not take a beating

43 minutes ago, ronhonda said:

It's a nice gun, have you looked at others with a full dustcover and a rail? or are you all in on the guncrafter? I think bullzeyenj a member here might have one.

Yes, Actually I have four of them. They are pretty nice. I like how they used to be no-nonsense and well built and the price reflected that. Good value for a solid built and you weren’t paying for a lot of frills. Yes, I have those types of 1911s too and they have their place. 

If you come up to northern NJ and want to shoot my GC Model 2 in 45acp one day then let me know. Then you can judge for yourself. 

42 minutes ago, BullzeyeNJ said:

Yes, Actually I have four of them. They are pretty nice. I like how they used to be no-nonsense and well built and the price reflected that. Good value for a solid built and you weren’t paying for a lot of frills. Yes, I have those types of 1911s too and they have their place. 

If you come up to northern NJ and want to shoot my GC Model 2 in 45acp one day then let me know. Then you can judge for yourself. 

Sending message now...