always_an_eagle

“Son, only a pimp in a Louisiana whore- house carries pearl-handled revolvers." General Patton

Newest purchase, Smith and Wesson Model 10-5 snub nose. Always wanted a model 10 and this one spoke to me on Gunbroker. Something about the old Smiths really excites you when you hold one in your hand. Time to take her shooting.

20200626_152302.jpg

• Like 3

My dad always told me to "keep my pimp hand strong." I think he was joking but I took it a little too literally. Maybe there will be an N frame 357 magnum with some ivory grips is in my future. Shame it will be faux ivory like these faux pearl. Real ivory is a little expensive and a little illegal in NJ.

4 hours ago, always_an_eagle said:

My dad always told me to "keep my pimp hand strong." I think he was joking but I took it a little too literally. Maybe there will be an N frame 357 magnum with some ivory grips is in my future. Shame it will be faux ivory like these faux pearl. Real ivory is a little expensive and a little illegal in NJ.

Nice gun...really though, lose the stocks.....  ;)

I like bone better....i have a set of stags on my model 19 round grip snubby.

Let is know how it does !

4 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Nice gun...really though, lose the stocks.....  ;)

I like bone better....i have a set of stags on my model 19 round grip snubby.

Let is know how it does !

The first model 10 I ever shot had stag grips on it and it looked beautiful and felt great. Honestly new grips are due because although these grips look nice they are not the most durable. There is a small chunk of fake pearl wrapped around the grip screw that is preventing me from taking off the grip.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

The first model 10 I ever shot had stag grips on it and it looked beautiful and felt great. Honestly new grips are due because although these grips look nice they are not the most durable. There is a small chunk of fake pearl wrapped around the grip screw that is preventing me from taking off the grip.

I have a well carried victory revolver...that has the been there done that look....super tight lockup and fantastic bore....mus have been carried quite a bit though...and shot little....i need to paper it....

Waiting for @Pizza Bob to chime in....lol  :)

8 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

I'm kinda partial to stag grips...

Driskill-Elk-Stag.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I am gonna have to give these grips a serious consideration. Hopefully one day I have a collection of fine Smith and Wesson handguns like you Pizza Bob.

32 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

I am gonna have to give these grips a serious consideration. Hopefully one day I have a collection of fine Smith and Wesson handguns like you Pizza Bob.

Now there's a goal for an entire lifetime!

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Now there's a goal for an entire lifetime!

While i LOVE my rifles....nothing is as collectible ad various handguns....i venture a guess you can collect smiths as you say..for a lifetime...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, always_an_eagle said:

Thank you.

Ken makes beautiful grips, but he does it as a hobby and does not produce to order. He makes what he wants, when he wants, so you have to be in the right place at the right time. He advertises in the classifieds on the Smith & Wesson forum (the one with the hyphen, not the ampersand) and also on Gun Broker. His "handle" on each is bigmtnman. Very reasonably priced compared to others. And while I'm no fan of the wooden OE Magna grips, Ken's stag grips are comfortable to hold and feel much better.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1