Underdog

Camping Locations...

Was thinking about taking the kids camping.  Most  All of the State Parks seem to be closed for camping.  I've been looking for a park that is open for camping, now.  There seem to be some family camping areas open with amenities and games and such but I am looking for just straight-up camping without themed weekends, group campfire songs and the likes.  One park I found that seemed to fit this bill was Turkey Swamp Park in Freehold.   Has anybody stayed there and has some thoughts on it?  Any other places with a "state park flavor" open that might also be a contender in Northern or Central NJ?  Wouldn't mind sites with electric and water and Turkey Swamp based on their website has them. 

It's a drive but we've camped at Ole Bull campground in Potter County PA.  The area is very nice - just don't ruin it by thinking like you're from NJ.  The campground is well maintained, they do a good job of giving each camp site privacy. There is a swimming area and very nice restrooms/ shower rooms.   If you like being outdoors, you will like it here.  You'll even get acquainted with some black bears.  It's worth the drive to get away from NJ for a while.

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2020 at 1:46 PM, InFamous said:

@Underdog my MIL and SIL camp here annually. They're open and should be close to you. 

https://campthegreatdivide.com/

Second the Great Divide. Grabbed a site there in the actual divide and found out it was chili cook off weekend. Had a great time. 

• Like 1