marlintag

Cabelas will no longer ship ammo to NJ!!!!!!!

It appears Cabelas has updated their website and along with it their policy regarding shipping ammunition to NJ(crap hole). After decades of buying ammo online from Cabelas, it appears my most recent purchase of ammo will be my last. This must have been a recent decision because I received my order not more than a week and a half ago. They may have gotten threatened by the AG or figured NJ was a lost cause, so it wouldn't be worth the trouble. After all, there are plenty of normal states that honor and practice the 2nd amendment. NJ is truly the bottom of the barrel, the turd, the child nobody wants to hug.....you get the idea.:mad::mad:

That's unfortunate if this is true. I try to avoid buying anything from vendors that flat out state they will not sell or ship perfectly legal items to states with restrictions. Some vendors will state no CA and NY, but NJ is fine. I still skip those and move on to someone else. I find it appalling when a vendor that sells anything firearms related is willing to shoot the 2A community in the foot.

• Agree 1

Not quite sure about this.  I did find that their policy links to the bassproshop website policy and same for their customer service.  i have been able to purchase and receive some ammo last week from cabelas, while i can't order at all from bassproshop.  

On 7/1/2020 at 9:38 PM, USMC1341 said:

I find it appalling when a vendor that sells anything firearms related is willing to shoot the 2A community in the foot.

It's sad, but they don't give a damn about rights. All they want is the money. If they thought they could make more selling BLM apparel than firearms they would switch in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

I sent an email out last week and got zero response from them. 

I will be canceling my credit card with them and discontinue business. 

Why support a company that won't support me?

Same here- my card will be cancelled ASAP!

I sometimes get Cabela's gift cards from family/friends etc for my birthdays. Well, that is no longer the case. I don't want any gift cards from them, nor do I wish to purchase anything from them. I have been buying goods from Cabela's for decades and have given them a lot of my money. It's a shame, but I will making future purchases elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Tell them!   Don't just discuss your actions here, let Cabelas's know what you are doing and why!

I certainly gave Dicks corporate an earful when I made the decision to stop doing business with them due to their anti-2A policies.

Something is being inconsistently applied here. 

Just went to cabelas.com, loaded a shopping cart up with .223 rifle ammo, .44 magnum (only handgun ammo I could find in stock) and 12 ga shotshells, got all the way to "confirming order" step and no mention of any NJ shipping restrictions.

Now I have been ordering ammo for ~10 years and I think they have my FID on file. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Something is being inconsistently applied here. 

Just went to cabelas.com, loaded a shopping cart up with .223 rifle ammo, .44 magnum (only handgun ammo I could find in stock) and 12 ga shotshells, got all the way to "confirming order" step and no mention of any NJ shipping restrictions.

Now I have been ordering ammo for ~10 years and I think they have my FID on file. 

Did you actually place the order?

Because...and this was after the order supposedly went tru.

On 7/4/2020 at 10:29 AM, tomgwarrior said:

I just checked my order history and it shows my order was canceled. You must be correct they don’t ship to Nj anymore

I must be misremembering, but I thought Cabellas didn't ask for the FID in the past.

EDITED---anyway, I just placed an order for a couple boxes of 9MM. Let's see what happens.

I have placed a few small orders the last few months. I usually wait until they have $10 off $50 and free shipping,  no FID/DL on file. Funny thing is Bass pro wouldn't send to NJ, but Cabela did. It's their decision, but I'll be letting them know they won't get the few dollars I sent them. Except for the occasional ammo deals most of their stuff is overpriced Chinese goods any more.

• Agree 1

I have no idea what is going on with Cabelas!!! When I tried to place an ammo order last week, the cart in which I had placed ammo told me I needed to remove the item in order to complete the order as item was restricted. Additionally, I just went to Cabela's to look up 38 special and 380 ammo. There is a statement at the bottom of any ammo page with a notice regarding ammunition restrictions to states including NJ. This statement clarifies that they do not ship to NJ. I am not sure what issues occurred when Cabela's changed their website.

40 minutes ago, marlintag said:

I have no idea what is going on with Cabelas!!! When I tried to place an ammo order last week, the cart in which I had placed ammo told me I needed to remove the item in order to complete the order as item was restricted. Additionally, I just went to Cabela's to look up 38 special and 380 ammo. There is a statement at the bottom of any ammo page with a notice regarding ammunition restrictions to states including NJ. This statement clarifies that they do not ship to NJ. I am not sure what issues occurred when Cabela's changed their website.

I did the same thing last week prior to emailing them, my cart said the same thing. 

I just tried to order a box of ammo.  Most is sold out. Put a box of .44 magnum in my cart and it came up with a shipping warning that it can only go standard.  Let me go all the way to place order but I stopped since I don't need it.

I see no issues ordering ammo from Cabelas!

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Dirtydigz,

The reason why I started this topic was to notify my fellow gun owners that Cabela's no longer ships ammo to the state of NJ. As stated in previous posts, I was not able to complete an ammo purchase because items were restricted to NJ. Again, within the cart I was given message to remove ammo items because of location restrictions. I was not given an option to provide an FID like, Sgammo, Classic Firearms etc. If anyone here has completed an entire ammo order from Cabela's, please let us know. Other's here seem to have had the same experience as me. I am beginning to understand why many NJ gun owners no longer wish to post here. Their are too many NJ gun owners that use their posts on this site to belittle and insult their fellow gun owners. They (you know who you are) provide no useful information, are not helpful in any manner, and only serve to provoke infighting. Our opposition has no such issue, as they are united in curtailing our rights, creating onerous laws that imprison us, and making us out to be social pariahs. 

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, Double Cheese said:

Cabela's seems to have redesigned and updated their website.  With the new design, all ammunition products now list NJ as a restricted state to which they will not sell ammunition.  

So, we are more upset that NJ is now on that list or that there is a list?

If they pull a MidwayUSA, and make a way to upload your FID... are they good?

That’s another big issue with the firearm community. Only fight when it affects them. Bump stocks are a prime example... only a matter of time before pistol braces go bye-bye.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

I just tried to order  some 9mm ammo and there was no add to cart box. 

And I was logged in as a member.  Oh well SGA ammo for me.

cabelas is like out of stock of 9 mm...

2 hours ago, Screwball said:

So, we are more upset that NJ is now on that list or that there is a list?

Both.

If they pull a MidwayUSA, and make a way to upload your FID... are they good?

Better. Understandably this may be necessary to cover them legally. They are a large enough corporations with corporate attorneys.

That’s another big issue with the firearm community. Only fight when it affects them.

That's better than not fighting at all. This is one of the reasons I stated above, if I notice a vendor state anywhere that they won't ship to a "restricted" state I don't do business with them. I wish all American gun owners would behave that way, but a lot just see states like NJ as a lost cause and figure if you don't like it you can move. Which frankly, I understand the sentiment, but that's just not how life works. If you can't support your fellow Americans in exercising their rights l then I honestly have to question how American are you really. Hopefully others here will contact Cabela's stating their opinion (which I did), and as many people in restricted states as possible will boycott Cabela's.

From their website: Ammunition is restricted from sale to CT, IL, MA, NJ, NY, New Orleans, LA, and Washington DC.