marlintag

Cabelas will no longer ship ammo to NJ!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, marlintag said:

Dirtydigz,

The reason why I started this topic was to notify my fellow gun owners that Cabela's no longer ships ammo to the state of NJ. As stated in previous posts, I was not able to complete an ammo purchase because items were restricted to NJ. Again, within the cart I was given message to remove ammo items because of location restrictions. I was not given an option to provide an FID like, Sgammo, Classic Firearms etc. If anyone here has completed an entire ammo order from Cabela's, please let us know. Other's here seem to have had the same experience as me. I am beginning to understand why many NJ gun owners no longer wish to post here. Their are too many NJ gun owners that use their posts on this site to belittle and insult their fellow gun owners. They (you know who you are) provide no useful information, are not helpful in any manner, and only serve to provoke infighting. Our opposition has no such issue, as they are united in curtailing our rights, creating onerous laws that imprison us, and making us out to be social pariahs. 

Mea culpa and I stand corrected - I went to complete an order for 12ga shotshells and .22LR rifle and was prevented from ordering either with a message similar to what Johnny B received above.

provide no useful information, are not helpful in any manner..

Yeah, guess I need to go update the completely un-useful and not helpful ammo retailers thread I compiled:

Update;

Got my 4 boxes of blazer 9MM.

It could be that I placed the order right on the cusp of cabellas changing their terms.

IDK, but I logged in fine to place the order but a day or two later when I tried to log in to check on the order I had to change my password.

I too used to order from Cablea's without issues. What was Bass Pro Shop's stance with online purchases for NJ residents? Cabelas did get aquired by Bass Pro so if their policy was never ship to NJ then Cabelas is just following their policy? It might have just taken some time after they cutover. Just saying.

12 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Yeah.  Cut ties with cabelas about 6 months ago.  My black card is no longer.  

I really don't like the changes that Bass Pro has brought to Cabelas.  They have ruined the brand.  I am also a Black card holder and have been for years.  Currently looking for another card to transition to.

Yesterday I received a random email that I requested a PW reset.  It looked suspicious and I did not initiate the PW reset.  So I called Cabelas and they told me it was a company wide PW reset because they were merging their systems with Bass Pro Shops.  I told them they should have at least let the account holders know the reason for this reset.  She said they were receiving calls about it all day.  

I asked her: are you still shipping ammo to NJ?  From what she could tell they still do.  According to her, If users had their orders canceled it was not because of shipping restrictions to NJ but rather inventory problems.  She claims they are restocking their inventories now.

Not sure if all of this is true but just wanted to share.  God Bless!

To Cabela's credit. I got a response from their customer service. To be honest, I can't blame a corporation for wanting to be sure they cover themselves legally. However, we'll have to wait and see if they actually put the effort into updating their website to accommodate processing ammo orders for states that require a permit to purchase ammo. Unless I'm completely wrong about this, and there is nothing legal to prevent a company out of state selling and shipping ammo to any NJ resident. I've ordered ammo myself from other sites that did allow me to upload from FID.

Hello and thank you for contacting Cabela's Product Information Department,
Right now we are working on a new website and ordering system and if you are on it there are some limitations.  One of those limitations has to do with states that require licenses or permits to purchase ammo, Illinois and Connecticut are in the same situation.  The new website and ordering system is not allowing that right now.  I know it is being looked into I just do not have a time frame to give you on when or if they will be able to fix it or get it changed.  We are in the business of selling outdoor gear so it isn't that we don't want to it is is that we cannot do correctly at this time.  Have a great day.
Thank you for visiting cabelas.com.

Sincerely,
Matt G
Product Information

chat_agent.png Debbie: You are now connected with Debbie.
chat_agent.png Debbie: What issue are you encountering?
chat_enduser_message.png Michael: Cannot place an online order
chat_agent.png Debbie: Where in the ordering process are you?
chat_enduser_message.png Michael: At the Place Order
chat_agent.png Debbie: Did you receive an error message?  If so what did it say?
chat_enduser_message.png Michael: Yes...It said please verify information is correct and try submitting again If you continue to have issues, please call Customer Service at 1-800-BASSPRO
chat_agent.png Debbie: What type of items are you ordering and where are they shipping to?
chat_enduser_message.png Michael:

Qty: 2$13.98

Hi Mountain Original Mountain Man Blend Breakfast Sausage Seasoning

Qty: 1$13.99
Remington Nitro Turkey Extended Range Magnum Shotshells - 12 Gauge - 3.5" - #4 Shot

Qty: 1$99.97
Wildgame Innovations Wraith 16 LightsOut Trail Camera 2-Pack

chat_agent.png Debbie: Where is this shipping to?
chat_enduser_message.png Michael: Home
chat_agent.png Debbie: What is your zip code?
chat_enduser_message.png Michael Canino: 08318
chat_agent.png Debbie: We do not ship any orders for ammunition to New Jersey.  Therefore, you cannot order Remington Nitro Turkey Extended Range Magnum Shotshells - 12 Gauge - 3.5" - #4 Shot.  If you remove this item, you will be able to submit the order.
chat_enduser_message.png Michael: I have always had that shipped when did this change?
chat_agent.png Debbie: This was changed in the last 1-2 years.
chat_enduser_message.png Michael: That not true. I had an order shipped in
chat_enduser_message.png Michael: April 2020
chat_agent.png Debbie: I may be wrong on the date.   However, I thought it was at least a year ago.
chat_enduser_message.png Michael: Well looks like I will stop doing business with Cabelas...BassPro really made this company go down the toilet.
chat_agent.png Debbie:

I apologize that I was not able to be of more assistance.  If you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via chat, email or phone (1-800-327-4444).

chat_agent.png Debbie:

Thank you for contacting Cabela's . Have a great day!

chat_alert.png Debbie has disconnected.

Besides not shipping ammo to NJ,  Cabelas has made a few additional changes.  They no linger ship to FFLs, and, if you order a firearm on line you must ship it to a store in your state of residence, so no longer can you ship to PA or DEL to pick up, from NJ you need to use the Atlantic City store.

On 3/30/2021 at 4:22 AM, Vixen1920 said:

Could I ship an extended magazine to myself in NJ from an out of state online retailer, assuming the retailer does not specify against it? 

You don’t mean to break the law I’m assuming? Anyways pretty much no retailer would ship any mags beyond 10 rounds to NJ. 

On 12/20/2020 at 4:42 PM, jm1827 said:

Besides not shipping ammo to NJ,  Cabelas has made a few additional changes.  They no linger ship to FFLs, and, if you order a firearm on line you must ship it to a store in your state of residence, so no longer can you ship to PA or DEL to pick up, from NJ you need to use the Atlantic City store.

So now with this policy and the slowness of NICS, If I ordered and got shipped to AC, 

I would have to drive 3 hours to go do my NICS and drive home 3 hours so that I can drive down again to pick up a few days later. 12 hours driving time plus gas and tolls.

might as well buy it online pay shipping and have it shipped to a FFL

6 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

I would have to drive 3 hours to go do my NICS and drive home 3 hours so that I can drive down again to pick up a few days later. 12 hours driving time plus gas and tolls.

might as well buy it online pay shipping and have it shipped to a FFL

I just ordered a compact 9mm, and it was on the Cabelas/Bass Pro site, but they claimed they wouldn't ship to the A/C store, so I'm not even sure it's an option. Sending it to your FFL is probably the best choice. I'm currently on day 3 waiting on NICS.

18 hours ago, Sniper said:

I just ordered a compact 9mm, and it was on the Cabelas/Bass Pro site, but they claimed they wouldn't ship to the A/C store, so I'm not even sure it's an option. Sending it to your FFL is probably the best choice. I'm currently on day 3 waiting on NICS.

I think I'm reading the store policy correctly , they only ship to their stores. So there is no other option except if they have in stock in a PA, DE store which they don't. Or buy from someone else.

• Notice -- Firearms.
    Firearms are shipped only to stores and are sold only as equipped. Not all firearms are available in all locations. Check all federal, state, and local laws and restrictions before ordering any firearm. Purchaser must comply with all applicable laws for pickup.

1 hour ago, Bklynracer said:

Or buy from someone else.

My suggestion, search around online for what you want, and it's easy to even price shop, since inventory is really light. Then, have it shipped to your local FFL. Since it's taking multiple days for NICS to come back, just make it easy on yourself, without a lot of extra driving. I wanted to order directly from my FFL, but they couldn't get what I wanted, and said just check on Gunbroker and have it shipped in for transfer.