Krdshrk

WTB Used Car

Looking for a used car - my rusty old minivan is rusting out so I need something to commute to work - so good mileage is a plus... also looking to be able to haul a bit of stuff... so maybe a hatchback or small SUV.  

Looking to see if anyone has anything available.

I'm currently looking at websites, off-rental sales websites, CPO cars, etc.

Anyone got anything?

I don't have anything for you other than to say you're on the right trail.   A friend found a car through Hertz recently for a smoking deal and the car was just fine.  Sure, probably driven like hell, but it's fine now, shrug.  https://www.hertzcarsales.com/

59 minutes ago, NJJim said:

I have this one right now. It's not a van or SUV but a very good car. Former owner was a customer of mine and I serviced it since January 2006.

Honda ad

Thanks.  Tempting but it's 20 years old.  After rust issues with my last car, I'm looking for something newer.

My kid still has her Jetta for sale:

https://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/search/&q=jetta&search_and_or=or

Need new brake pads and some paint scuffs repaired (which I was thinking of getting the shop to respray it).  Gets great mileage although it isn't a hauler like a small SUV.  Still fits a lot of stuff.  Also has Weathertec mats back and front.

She bought a newer Mazda 3 from Hertz in Hawaii, had it shipped by boat to LA and then took a roadtrip from there to here.  I wouldn't have advised going that route, but it had no issues cross-country and looks brand new for a former rental.  I'm afraid to ask what she paid, but she has no use for 2 cars and the Jetta just takes up space in my driveway.

I think she was asking too much last year and probably would be much more reasonable now.  For instance, she refused to include the mats until I explained that they are custom cut for a 2014 Jetta and would not fit any other vehicle quite the same (except another Jetta close to the model year)

43 minutes ago, AlDente67 said:

My kid still has her Jetta for sale:

Thanks - I've owned a Jetta before and refuse to buy another VW due to the sheer amount of issues... Don't want anything made in Mexico, lol. 

I did pick up a new (to me) car last weekend.  2018 Subaru Forester

YIyx4VW.jpg

P3tcLF0.jpg

4 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Thanks - I've owned a Jetta before and refuse to buy another VW due to the sheer amount of issues... Don't want anything made in Mexico, lol. 

I did pick up a new (to me) car last weekend.  2018 Subaru Forester

YIyx4VW.jpg

P3tcLF0.jpg

I didn’t know you were a lesbian...