Munitionsfresser

Outdoor ranges without membership?

Are there any outdoor ranges in NJ/PA/DE that do not require a membership?   I generally go to Range 14 but without any available guidance on when they might reopen I've been looking elsewhere.

I want to zero in a optics on a rifle and iron sights on a handgun.  I can go pretty much anywhere indoor for the handgun but I'm a bit embarrassed to be 'that guy' who brings a .308 rifle to a 25yrd indoor range even if it is just to get in the ballpark on my optics.

7 hours ago, Amazon said:

Nothing in north Jersey or PA? I also need to zero a rifle, but the only place I can think of up north is GFH at Woodland with their 50 yards indoor range. 

You may wish to consider Easton Fish and Game in Easton, Pa. Yearly membership is only $50. They have a 100 yard rifle range and several handgun ranges.  All outdoor.  I have been a member there for about 6 years.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oldguysrule649 said:

You may wish to consider Easton Fish and Game in Easton, Pa. Yearly membership is only $50. They have a 100 yard rifle range and several handgun ranges.  All outdoor.  I have been a member there for about 6 years.

Thank you sir! This is what I was looking for. 

2 hours ago, Munitionsfresser said:

If I become a member of the Easton PA club, can I bring a guest?

You can obtain a separate "guest" membership when you get your membership, that entitles you to bring a guest. IIRC it is the same as a regular membership - so $100 for you and any guest you choose.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Munitionsfresser said:

If you pay another $50 for a guest pass in addition to your membership, you can bring up to 3 guests at a time. You can only use 1 shooting position and only 1 person shooting at a time.

• Thanks 1

I decided to go with Easton Fish and Game. They have simple online form for membership request and payment. Got my membership card in my mailbox in a week. Gotta love this freedom state(PA). Will go today to check the place and will post an update. Thanks again. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2020 at 10:18 AM, Amazon said:

Will go today to check the place and will post an update. 

More than I expected. Nice and quiet(if you don't mind occasional gunshots :)) place. Calm friendly people, half of the license plates from NJ, I feel a made the right choice. 

On 7/6/2020 at 7:38 AM, Munitionsfresser said:

That would be a 60 mile 1hour 10 minutes drive for me. But you cant beat that Price honestly even if you factor in the gas cost. 20$ a pop in NJ ranges can quickly add up.