revenger

phil murphys DMV

murphys mvc,  Randolph office

5:00 am this morning and had to be at least 200 cars there already,  yesterday a trooper directing traffic for a tree cutting company at around 9:30 am told me he thought mvc was closed as there were around 600 cars.

just another from our ASS HOLE governor.      trying his best to make us like the old soviet union,  and succeeding at it.

mvc2.jpg

mvc1.jpg

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/07/what-gov-murphy-just-suggested-as-mvc-agencies-reopened-in-nj-with-long-lines.html

in typical leftist fashion the ASS HOLE blames it on the people waiting in line and not his own incompetence.   Hey phil ,  dont you friggin think if those people could have done it online they would have.

Funny you mention this, I drove by the NJMVC on RT1 in Trenton/Princeton yesterday glancing over and it appeared the lines were out the door wrapped around the building for the document center and the inspection lines weren’t any better. Then as luck would have it 101.5 (radio station)  said the MVC in downtown Trenton (document only, no inspection) had fights break out and TPD had to be dispatched.  They also mentioned another town up north if I recall correctly. The upside for us is our documents are still valid  but my car is due for inspection. Fuck that I’m not waiting in any lines like that just for a stupid sticker.

I need to renew my license later this year I think.  Always wondered why I couldn't do it by mail.  They have a digital picture on file from the last few times I had to go there.  They have all the relevant proofs of residence..passport, address, previous license, SSN, blood samples...jeez.  Why must I take half a day to drive there and go through that every time?  I mean damn, I got a new passport through the US mail after I lost my wallet.  Got a new SS card through the mail too.  Only in NJ does someone have to shlep in and show them the stupid 6 points of ID that they originally took the last time.

28 minutes ago, 67gtonut said:

You can renew online..... if you fulfill the requirements 

https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/license/licrenew.htm

The problem is, if you are applying for a Real ID NJ license for the first time, you have to apply in person.   And Real ID is new here, so everyone who wants one has to apply in person.  And the non-Real ID NJ license won't be recognized for air travel after this fall, since the Feds have realized NJ was kinda giving out NJ driver's licenses without paying adequate attention to identifying the recipient.

I'm dreading my DMV visit later this month, but my license expired in May, and the two month extensions everyone got at that time expires the end of the month.   But I also don't want to have to remember to take a passport every time I fly domestically, so I need the Real ID.

25 minutes ago, 10X said:

The problem is, if you are applying for a Real ID NJ license for the first time, you have to apply in person.   And Real ID is new here, so everyone who wants one has to apply in person.  And the non-Real ID NJ license won't be recognized for air travel after this fall, since the Feds have realized NJ was kinda giving out NJ driver's licenses without paying adequate attention to identifying the recipient.

I'm dreading my DMV visit later this month, but my license expired in May, and the two month extensions everyone got at that time expires the end of the month.   But I also don't want to have to remember to take a passport every time I fly domestically, so I need the Real ID.

I’m in the same boat

My wife's DL expired last month. She got the renewal notice about two weeks prior. She was eligible for renewal by mail/online. She intended to go in person the get the Real ID. They were rolling the Real ID out shortly before the shut-down and that was a cluster as well. I told her she's crazy to get the Real ID anytime in the next year or so, better off getting a Passport.

I don't fly, so Real ID not a Real Issue (see what I did there) except for the rare occasions I need to enter Federal property for work.

She renewed online & I was blown away by the turn around time, under two weeks.

7 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I’m in the same boat

I thought you were leaving this feces-hole State?

1 minute ago, kc17 said:

My wife's DL expired last month. She got the renewal notice about two weeks prior. She was eligible for renewal by mail/online. She intended to go in person the get the Real ID. They were rolling the Real ID out shortly before the shut-down and that was a cluster as well. I told her she's crazy to get the Real ID anytime in the next year or so, better off getting a Passport.

I don't fly, so Real ID not a Real Issue (see what I did there) except for the rare occasions I need to enter Federal property for work.

She renewed online & I was blown away by the turn around time, under two weeks.

I thought you were leaving this feces-hole State?

I am eventually 

7 hours ago, FXDX said:

but my car is due for inspection. Fuck that I’m not waiting in any lines like that just for a stupid sticker.

Inspections, DL & registration renewals and some other documents that expired after mid-March are extended until July 31 per the DMV. 

Even the Newton DMV in Sussex County had lines around the entire parking lot. (Scroll through.) In 90 degree heat and humidity. Great plan there guys.

By the way Murphy announced you'll have to wear masks outdoors as well, if not alone or 'socially distanced'.

17 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

By the way Murphy announced you'll have to wear masks outdoors as well, if not alone or 'socially distanced'.

Good luck to the Gov enforcing that one

2 hours ago, AlDente67 said:

Only in NJ does someone have to shlep in and show them the stupid 6 points of ID that they originally took the last time.

I often wondered how that 6 point BS works with illegals but I suppose that’s another story for another thread. IMHO the problem with doing stuff online with the state and local govs is that they charge you a “convenience fee”. Take the Registration renewals for example, I did my vehicles  by mail with no issues  during the covid thing. If you do it online they ding you for a convenience fee.  I have 3 vehicles that all come due within the first half the year, no problems for with regs and snail mail.

2 hours ago, 67gtonut said:

You can renew online..... if you fulfill the requirements 

https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/license/licrenew.htm

FYI - that is not an option for CDL holders, you still have to go in

https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/drivertopics/cdl.htm

I went to court to fight a ticket for window tint, just because it was silly and the fine was $58 or something.  Half the people in the courtroom were central americans who didn't even speak english.  They got cited for minor things like speeding and whatnot, but I was wondering how they got licensed in the first place.  Many of them were drivers for the local taxi companies, based on the lawyer interpreting what the judge said.

Dont get me wrong, they work hard and don't make any trouble, but if I have to jump through hoops for documentation, I also wonder how they get around it.

Oh, and the judge tossed my ticket in the trash saying it was absurd.  lol.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, FXDX said:

Good luck to the Gov enforcing that one.

There are plenty of self appointed mask nazis that will be more than happy to help him out.

46 minutes ago, Bomber said:

There are plenty of self appointed mask nazis that will be more than happy to help him out.

It's been my experience that people like this wind up with their tires slashed, property damaged, etc. I'm sure it's all a big coincidence. 

1 hour ago, FXDX said:

we will have to wait and see...

I've already had one idiot say something to me in Home Depot back in May.

My Mom had two guys point out she wasn't walking the right direction in Shop-Rite.

These people are out there and are frankly more dangerous than Murphy.

• Agree 1

My DL is up in august. So fucked up. I get handicap tag. From 3 back surgeries, 2 MIs, no kidneys left, And I have to go to jerk off motor vehicle every 3 years for new handicap tag. Wife does not want plates because if she drives the car! So I am 6'2 290 and have to hobble into jerkoff MVC for DL. and for HC tags! Oh forgot Pulmonary embalism , so the mask is a real issue!!! VOTE RED COME NOVEMBER!! VOTE OFTEN

Only saving grace is every time he fucks up, which is often, he looses votes!!

I don't post for sympathy or tears! I could give 2 shits! Just pisses me off what this jerkoff is doing!

Do you want me to say how I really feel??????????????????

Oh, I forgot the pacemaker! LOL.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bomber said:

I've already had one idiot say something to me in Home Depot back in May.

My Mom had two guys point out she wasn't walking the right direction in Shop-Rite.

These people are out there and are frankly more dangerous than Murphy.

I always walk the wrong way!! People look and decide not to comment when I make eye contact. LOL I used to walk the Newark streets after out of work at between 1 am & 4am. Never had an issue.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Even the Newton DMV in Sussex County had lines around the entire parking lot. (Scroll through.) In 90 degree heat and humidity. Great plan there guys.

A police car was at the Newton office turning people away.