revenger

phil murphys DMV

I am currently in the process of changing the address on my FID after a recent move across town, so I am eventually going to need to wander over to DMV to change my driver's license.  Fortunately, I'm well stocked on guns and ammo, so no need to use them to make a purchase anytime soon.  :icon_cool:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Underdog said:

A police car was at the Newton office turning people away.

Probably should have. Can you imagine someone waiting in line for xx hours and then having the door close in their face when they get there?

2 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Probably should have. Can you imagine someone waiting in line for xx hours and then having the door close in their face when they get there?

Well, if they're smart they can have their revenge on Murphy in 16 months.

Unfortunately voters have short memories and Murphy plans to milk this virus for all its worth right up until Nov 3.

Afterward, he figures he'll have a year for damage control blaming it all on anyone but himself.

• Agree 1

Murphy can't even get the DMV right and he is given all those additional burdens.

just watched the news, people are camping out overnight waiting to get a good spot in line for the opening. What a joke, Murphy certainly fucked this one up but he'll get a pass on it by the local press. I'm just grateful all I need is an inspection sticker, that could wait

My favorite was a video taken by a guy in the English countryside while riding his bike on a remote pathway while filming on his head-mounted gopro.  Literally in the middle of nowhere.  But then a Karen appears on the path walking toward him as he was cruising in the opposite direction, minding his own business.  As he passes her about 5 feet away (the path was not wide), she lunges at him and tries to tackle him while screaming at the top of lungs "You are not distancing!!!!"

He swivels around his head to look back at her as she falls away in the distance, and she is still screaming.  He was like "what the eff?"

Probably the best instance I have seen.  But otherwise, if someone wants to make an issue in a store around here, the firm eye contact glare will usually make them slither away without a word.  If one is bold enough to start saying something, just laugh in their face.  That drives them nuts because they are probably used to getting catered to by weak soy men.

Also works great on road ragers.   They go even more ballistic as you laugh and point.  Its pretty fun.

• Like 1
  • FacePalm 1

My update,   for a new driver.

Camped out at Randolph,  went to scope it out last night at 6pm,  there was already a line.     went home got my daughter and got in line. and was number 11.

wife and I shared overnight watch,  she went from midnight to 4 am,  I came at 4 am to take over and place looked like a food line in the old soviet union.

place was supposed to open at 8am,   of course the lady came out and said the computers were overloaded,  well who would of thought of something like that happening especially at a nj DMV

finally opened door about 10 minutes later and would not let parents in.    Since I did my homework I had her overloaded with enough points of ID,   was able to watch her progress through snot covered windows and she gave me thumbs up on her ID check so I knew it was just a waiting game now.

well what do you know,   computers stop after she had picture taken and had to wait about 20 minutes for "the guy" to come over and hit ctrl/alt/del or what ever magic to bring them back to life.

biggest issue my daughter told me was that since these are 17 yo kids they were filling out form incorrectly since parents were not able to assist causing them to be recycled behind the next person.

things I noted.   Make sure your ID documents are correct,  they really checked them ,  If you can get someone to get you the form BA-208 I think was the number get one and make sure it is correct.

once again thank you phil for the free nj camping experience,  

On 7/8/2020 at 12:49 PM, Zeke said:

I’m in the same boat

@Zeke, we got another extension.   The text below is copied from nj.com, so folks can avoid giving them the click traffic...but if you want the full story, it was posted there today.

"The expirations dates of drivers’ licenses, vehicle registrations, inspection stickers, non-license IDs and temporary tags will now be extended for several more months to give people more time and to reduce lines at agencies. The MVC extended expiration dates in March and again in May due to closures prompted by the coronavirus pandemic.

Documents expiring between March 13 and May 31 have been extended to September 30; those expiring between June 1 to August 31 have been extended to December 31. Commercial driver licenses expiration dates were previously extended to September 30."

3 minutes ago, 10X said:

@Zeke, we got another extension.   The text below is copied from nj.com, so folks can avoid giving them the click traffic...but if you want the full story, it was posted there today.

"The expirations dates of drivers’ licenses, vehicle registrations, inspection stickers, non-license IDs and temporary tags will now be extended for several more months to give people more time and to reduce lines at agencies. The MVC extended expiration dates in March and again in May due to closures prompted by the coronavirus pandemic.

Documents expiring between March 13 and May 31 have been extended to September 30; those expiring between June 1 to August 31 have been extended to December 31. Commercial driver licenses expiration dates were previously extended to September 30."

Ya read it this morning. Still gonna just delay the failed system more.

34 minutes ago, 10X said:

That might be OK for Intrastate but wonder how that’s going to fly out of state?  I’d be a little on edge explaining to an out of state LEO,  "yes officer my CDL/DL expired but don’t worry our Gov said it’s OK".

Heard of radio this morning Murphy put the brakes on the DMV overnight camping excursions, . I guess the optics on that didn’t look good for the gov.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, FXDX said:

That might be OK for Intrastate but wonder how that’s going to fly out of state?  I’d be a little on edge explaining to an out of state LEO,  "yes officer my CDL/DL expired but don’t worry our Gov said it’s OK".

Heard of radio this morning Murphy put the brakes on the DMV overnight camping excursions, . I guess the optics on that didn’t look good for the gov.

It makes him look like an even bigger asshole! And that is hard to do!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FXDX said:

All that is going to do is to move the crowd from the safety of the DMV parking lot to the streets and highways,  this will be causing accidents with out a doubt.    will also now require a ton of OT for the cops that will have to direct traffic and chase the peasants away.

Mark my words,  there will be horror story's Monday morning.  listen to 101.5 for the play by play.

this ass hole has to be the most incompetent governor that has ever been elected to office,  maybe that kook in Michigan is .01% more.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FXDX said:

I could see that being a problem.   

I did get jammed up already trying to buy alcohol at the Shop Rite.  They scan the license (there's a reason I almost never buy alcohol at the Shop Rite), and it comes up as expired, so by store policy, they can't sell me booze.   

I tried working the clerk through the issue logically  (Was I over 21 when expired in May?  Yes?  Then is there any way I could be under 21 now?) Not for nothing, I'm also clearly decades older than 21, but nothing worked, so it was off to the local liquor store that I should have been shopping at in the first place.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

I wonder when the "second wave" of recruiting COBOL programmers will hit?

I can hear the whir of the Commodore 64's powering up right now. 

10 minutes ago, 10X said:

I tried working the clerk through the issue logically  

Logic really isn't in fashion anymore. 

57 minutes ago, 10X said:

I did get jammed up already trying to buy alcohol at the Shop Rite.  They scan the license (there's a reason I almost never buy alcohol at the Shop Rite), and it comes up as expired, so by store policy, they can't sell me booze.   

I tried working the clerk through the issue logically  (Was I over 21 when expired in May?  Yes?  Then is there any way I could be under 21 now?) Not for nothing, I'm also clearly decades older than 21, but nothing worked, so it was off to the local liquor store that I should have been shopping at in the first place.   

Wish I could get carded to buy booze, miss them days

1 hour ago, 10X said:

Call me old fashion but expired means expired. Unless Murphy has some type of agreement with all the other states I don’t how that works?  If you think about it you could only bring certain docs in to qualify for the 6 point ID system otherwise they will bust your balls and you’re not getting a DL renewal. Fast forward to today and now it’s OK to have an expired DL to drive or for ID. I understand they have to do something but it goes against their own logic and makes NO sense.

I would just say to anyone traveling beyond the tri-state area I would check with those states before hitting the road with an expired NJ CDL or DL.  PA and NY might give NJ drivers a pass but I wouldn’t count on the rest of the county doing the same unless someone could prove otherwise.  

I would be printing the pages from the dmv site mentioning the extensions, also bookmarking the pages on my phone. Could always show it to the cop if needed, no guarantee, but it can't hurt.

I still have the letter that announced the elimination of the reg sticker on the plates in both vehicles. Same for that no more motorcycle inspections in my tour-pack.

Monmouth Co Sheriff Golden has been spending our tax dollars activating the OEM at the dmv offices providing shade, water, ice, masks and ponchos for the people waiting outside.

If a cop ran your DL it would come up a still valid, even though the physical document shows it's expired.

You cannot buy a gun using an expired DL as your government issued photo ID, but the NICS checks for those whose ID is automatically extended due to to Corona are going through.

• Informative 1

On 7/12/2020 at 12:04 AM, Oakridgefirearms said:

If a cop ran your DL it would come up a still valid, even though the physical document shows it's expired.

You cannot buy a gun using an expired DL as your government issued photo ID, but the NICS checks for those whose ID is automatically extended due to to Corona are going through.

Could you clarify this please? - the Firearms Investigation Unit at my local PD said I wouldn't have an issue at my LGS using a license with an expiration date that was auto-extended by the MVC. They actually issued me my FID card under the expired license (expiry date was early June). I have a couple of sales purchases going through this week and just want to be sure I'm not going to have hassle.

58 minutes ago, NoOfficialComment said:

Could you clarify this please? - the Firearms Investigation Unit at my local PD said I wouldn't have an issue at my LGS using a license with an expiration date that was auto-extended by the MVC. They actually issued me my FID card under the expired license (expiry date was early June). I have a couple of sales purchases going through this week and just want to be sure I'm not going to have hassle.

You are going to be fine. oakridge is saying exactly what you were told by your local PD. While your physical DL shows it expired, the computer systems will show it was extended due to the wuhu flu and, therefore, valid. 

3 minutes ago, WP22 said:

You are going to be fine. oakridge is saying exactly what you were told by your local PD. While your physical DL shows it expired, the computer systems will show it was extended due to the wuhu flu and, therefore, valid. 

Thanks - I was fairly sure that was the case. If anyone else is interested: I found the guidance form the NSSF here ( http://www2.nssf.org/l/127421/2020-04-28/42prlx ) that says as much and even references/links the ATF guidance for these situations.

On 7/8/2020 at 12:42 PM, AlDente67 said:

The real ID has the gold star on it, right?  I don't think I have that so it looks like a fun visit is in my future.  I just leave my passport in my laptop bag, so its always within reach.

Work around - don't get the real id. Do it online. Then pick a different less busy line in the form of getting a passport card. It is accepted for flights. Heck a passport might be as well if you already have one. 

3 hours ago, WP22 said:

Yes, This^^^^^^^^^^^^

16 hours ago, raz-0 said:

Work around - don't get the real id. Do it online. Then pick a different less busy line in the form of getting a passport card. It is accepted for flights. Heck a passport might be as well if you already have one. 

I have a valid passport.  Just not sure if this will cause problems elsewhere.  I believe they are pushing it for more than just the ability to fly.  They have other plans, I bet.

But in any case, my current DL is good until November, so hopefully the backlog will be gone by then.