Sign in to follow this  
kc17

WMA Closures

I went to Round valley boat ramp on Sunday — place was packed — there was a guy checking for access permits sitting in a truck at the driveway entrance

never before the covid did they do this, now seems to be a regular thing

interestingly, having the permit checker, forced many people who don’t get a permit to get a permit — and now they close the place — sure sounds like a planned way to get people to approve a tax hike

1 hour ago, Heavyopp said:

I went to Round valley boat ramp on Sunday — place was packed — there was a guy checking for access permits sitting in a truck at the driveway entrance

interestingly, having the permit checker, forced many people who don’t get a permit to get a permit — and now they close the place — sure sounds like a planned way to get people to approve a tax hike

Absolutely correct ,  If you listen to what the ass hole governor is saying he is about to impose all new restrictions everywhere. All nj's should bend over and get ready he is about to institute round 2 of shut downs and delay openings.

and to this date nobody followed through with with any lawsuits from any businesses to force him to show his science as why this continues.   he knows he's not up for re-election till next year so he doesn't give a rats ass about anyone's business.

The WMA's were recently shut down because they involve guns and shooting thats the bottom line.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, maintenanceguy said:

Negotiated with the unions.  None of the closed areas are staffed so there is no reason to close them at all.  This is meant to cause pain to all of us so we'll resist the furloughs. 

The gubment shutdown park’s first mantra? 

7 hours ago, Heavyopp said:

Are you sure they were checking for access permits? While acess permits would be a new thing im not aware of for years during the summer months theh would have someone posted up at the entrance checking for all the proper safety gear and boat licenses and im more recent years checking for invasive plant species. I grew up on Allerton rd and fished RV allot. 

If the boat launch is closed personally I'd still be out in a kayak, dont need a boat launch for them. 

1 hour ago, fishnut said:

Are you sure they were checking for access permits? While acess permits would be a new thing im not aware of for years during the summer months theh would have someone posted up at the entrance checking for all the proper safety gear and boat licenses and im more recent years checking for invasive plant species. I grew up on Allerton rd and fished RV allot. 

If the boat launch is closed personally I'd still be out in a kayak, dont need a boat launch for them. 

Yes,  spoke to the guy. Needed boat ramp permit, fishing or hunting license to access the lake — no matter what — I had a tandem kayak with my wife — we did not get on the lake — I did not have my huning license renewed yet, didn't have it with me anyway, and I do not carry a smartphone

Guy was polite, and seemed like I could have pushed it and got on the lake but I didn’t want to be a dick to him. It’s all right there on the sign, just never been enforced before

Funny thing is if you use a fishing license to access the boat launch you are supposed to leave it on the dash of your vehicle — if you are fishing isn’t your license supposed to be clearly visible on your person?

Anyway, no boating on round valley for July it seems— thanks Governor 

53 minutes ago, Heavyopp said:

Yes,  spoke to the guy. Needed boat ramp permit, fishing or hunting license to access the lake — no matter what — I had a tandem kayak with my wife — we did not get on the lake — I did not have my huning license renewed yet, didn't have it with me anyway, and I do not carry a smartphone

Guy was polite, and seemed like I could have pushed it and got on the lake but I didn’t want to be a dick to him. It’s all right there on the sign, just never been enforced before

Funny thing is if you use a fishing license to access the boat launch you are supposed to leave it on the dash of your vehicle — if you are fishing isn’t your license supposed to be clearly visible on your person?

Anyway, no boating on round valley for July it seems— thanks Governor 

That's actually standard - to be able to use the boat ramp you need to have a fishing license...  Otherwise people will park there to avoid having to pay to enter Round Valley and then walk across and swim wherever.