410guy

Shooter's range in Little Egg Harbor - Outdoor rifle

I need to sight-in a .22 rifle...but with Range 14 still closed, and the WMA ranges now unavailable due to the Dept. of Fish and Wildlife furlough, I am currently out of luck.

The only other outdoor rifle range near me is Shooter's in Little Egg Harbor.  From what I understand, for a non-member it is $20 per hour, per person.  

I haven't been able to find much in the way of pictures or reviews of their outdoor range.   Can anyone familiar with this range explain what type of amenities this range has?   Stuff like...is the firing line covered (or will I need to bring sunsceen)?  Will I need to bring some sort of target stand (or do they provide them)?  

Also...I see that its a 150 yard range, can you setup targets to shoot at shorter distances (25 yards, 50 yards, etc.)?

Thanks

It's been a while since I've shot there, but I think targets were at 50, 100 and 150 yards. I recall them being relatively strict about the hour time limit which I found ridiculous since it wasn't closed to packed (this was last year).

They've got nice tables to shoot off of. Tables are under cover.

Are the Fish and Wildlife ranges actually closed? When I lived in NJ the ranges were always unmanned.  I lived right down the road from the Rt. 539 range near shooters.  Is access to the road off of Rt 539 blocked?  If not, then I would just shoot there. You will probably have the place to yourself.

Dam! 410Guy is correct. According to the Division of Fish and Game website, they have closed the ranges for at least July due to Covid furloughs.

So the ranges were closed due to covid, then finally open a few months ago, now reclose due to covid furloughs. Wonderful, what a bunch of bullshit.

1 hour ago, JC_68Westy said:

Are the Fish and Wildlife ranges actually closed? When I lived in NJ the ranges were always unmanned.  I lived right down the road from the Rt. 539 range near shooters.  Is access to the road off of Rt 539 blocked?  If not, then I would just shoot there. You will probably have the place to yourself.

what range is this?  I go to LEH often and was unaware of anything other than Shooters.

5 hours ago, 410guy said:

I need to sight-in a .22 rifle...but with Range 14 still closed, and the WMA ranges now unavailable due to the Dept. of Fish and Wildlife furlough, I am currently out of luck.

The only other outdoor rifle range near me is Shooter's in Little Egg Harbor.  From what I understand, for a non-member it is $20 per hour, per person.  

I haven't been able to find much in the way of pictures or reviews of their outdoor range.   Can anyone familiar with this range explain what type of amenities this range has?   Stuff like...is the firing line covered (or will I need to bring sunsceen)?  Will I need to bring some sort of target stand (or do they provide them)?  

Also...I see that its a 150 yard range, can you setup targets to shoot at shorter distances (25 yards, 50 yards, etc.)?

Thanks

I'll take you to CJRP if you want to take the trip.  No need to spend the $20/hr, which I think is pricey, besides it's neighborly to help a fellow gun guy out!   

6 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

what range is this?  I go to LEH often and was unaware of anything other than Shooters.

I'll take you to CJRP if you want to take the trip.  No need to spend the $20/hr, which I think is pricey, besides it's neighborly to help a fellow gun guy out!   

The range I am referring to is a WMA range and is only a few miles up the road from Shooters. The entrance is very easy to miss.stafford_forge_ranges.thumb.jpg.2df4e1466ec971783a2795376f0e1cf5.jpg