leo-польд

Zero on 9mm and .223/5.56

I don't know if anyone notice yet but there is no 9mm nor .223/556 nor 45acp etc anywhere in any online stores in US. Zero, zinch etc is available. I don't think it is just a panic and covid, it could be something different. Besides no Glocks and other guns in any dealer or store is sounds scary. $900 for glock 19 on gunbroker is reality? Is factories stop working? I don't remember it happen like last 10 years in this proportions, yes it was couple of shortages but not like this. And yes reloading components are also either out or expensive already. What is going on?

Just now, RUTGERS95 said:

pricey...I wonder what fed 62gr green tip is going for

To be fair I did say need, deals may not be great but ammo can still be found. 

There was a discussion on Facebook about someone trying to buy a 10/22 from PSA and PSA didn't want to ship to NJ.  Someone told the original poster to buy locally.

One of the local gun shop owners responded and said their shelves are pretty bare and they've heard the same from other gun stores / FFLs in their network.  

The original poster said the 10/22 price was $300! I paid $100 For mine three years ago.

5 minutes ago, CF1782 said:

To be fair I did say need, deals may not be great but ammo can still be found. 

yes, sorry, I was just making a general nod to the pricing and not you.

I'll tell you what, at .50/round I'd let some go...lol    that is still less that what I'm seeing on there....crazy

4 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

There was a discussion on Facebook about someone trying to buy a 10/22 from PSA and PSA didn't want to ship to NJ.  Someone told the original poster to buy locally.

One of the local gun shop owners responded and said their shelves are pretty bare and they've heard the same from other gun stores / FFLs in their network.  

The original poster said the 10/22 price was $300! I paid $100 For mine three years ago.

Yes what you remember is all gone or become 3 times more expensive, I saw Keltec Sub 2000 up to $1000 already on gunbroker, funny...

4 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

I really don't like to buy from PSA as well :)

• Like 1

Just now, RUTGERS95 said:

yes, sorry, I was just making a general nod to the pricing and not you.

I'll tell you what, at .50/round I'd let some go...lol    that is still less that what I'm seeing on there....crazy

Fair enough, I was just trying to give the op an angle to get something incase they had a goose egg in term of ammo. I agree the prices are absurd.

16 minutes ago, leo-польд said:

Yes what you remember is all gone or become 3 times more expensive, I saw Keltec Sub 2000 up to $1000 already on gunbroker, funny...

I really don't like to buy from PSA as well :)

I haven't ordered from them in about a year but have used them a few times in the past for upper receiver, parts, ammo, etc.  Never had a problem.

12 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

From the heading, I thought this thread was going to provide the answer to a question I've wondered about for some time:

At what distance to zero a 9 mm carbine?  (I've got a pretty good grasp on .223/5.56.)

Pistol it’s 10 yards rds. I’m gonna say 25 carbine . If you’re looking for a similar 50/200 for 556

12 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

One if my buddies sent me a text.  He purchased 1k rounds of 223 back in January or so for .28 a round.  He checked same vendor and round a few days ago and it's now .55 cents a round.

And here we go again....

19 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

I haven't ordered from them in about a year but have used them a few times in the past for upper receiver, parts, ammo, etc.  Never had a problem.

Same, but not their cheapo guns

1 minute ago, carl_g said:

I bet there is tons of 7.62x39 out there:hi:

yep :)

• Like 1

If you are buying ammo...like food...by the days or week.....  you are behind the curve.....   

We are teetering on potential societal collapse...pay whatever you can, to get whatever you think you may need to help you survive..

Or if this is just a thread where i wanna plink and ammo costs too.much...whambulance...  you should have stacked it high and deep when cheap....

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

If you are buying ammo...like food...by the days or week.....  you are behind the curve.....   

We are teetering on potential societal collapse...pay whatever you can, to get whatever you think you may need to help you survive..

Or if this is just a thread where i wanna plink and ammo costs too.much...whambulance...  you should have stacked it high and deep when cheap....

Well you need to practice if you are serious gun owner, that means no meter how deep is your stock of cheap ammo currently is, you might get to the point of 0 in stock. Yes if we are just yapping on forums instead of going to the range it is fine to stay with just 1k of ammo under your bad. 

6 hours ago, leo-польд said:

Well you need to practice if you are serious gun owner, that means no meter how deep is your stock of cheap ammo currently is, you might get to the point of 0 in stock. Yes if we are just yapping on forums instead of going to the range it is fine to stay with just 1k of ammo under your bad. 

....  its called logistics......  you never drop below a certain threshold...ever.

My guess is you let your gas tank go very low then...

1k? 2k? 

Some things to consider...load out...  storage... additional for others...  i don't want to spin this to a teotwawki conversation...but of you are a shooter and not a talker then why would you EVER let your stock go lo?

15k of .22lr fits in an upright metal 2 round 81mm mortar can...  :)

so a friend tells me.  ;)

81mmammocan1__77705.1518540405.jpg?c=2&i

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

....  its called logistics......  you never drop below a certain threshold...ever.

My guess is you let your gas tank go very low then...

1k? 2k? 

Some things to consider...load out...  storage... additional for others...  i don't want to spin this to a teotwawki conversation...but of you are a shooter and not a talker then why would you EVER let your stock go lo?

15k of .22lr fits in an upright metal 2 round 81mm mortar can...  :)

so a friend tells me.  ;)

81mmammocan1__77705.1518540405.jpg?c=2&i

those 20mm cans hold over 20k but hard to move....so a friend tells me:)

59 minutes ago, M4BGRINGO said:

I think the only ammo I have less than 1k rounds of is 30/30, .30 carbine, 7.62x54r, and 7mm magnum............. Maybe 44 magnum also, but I have more than I ever plan on using..........

I think I have less than 1k of 357 but not by much however, I do have plenty of 38.  I practice with the 38 and my 357 is defense line stuff

• Haha 1

Isn't this old news? 

Its not like 2012 was that long ago to forget it was JUST AS BAD. 

Cheaper than dirt was actually selling cases of 5.56 for 800 bucks... 

I paid like 350 for a used 10/22, and couldnt find extra mags for it for like 8 months... Ar15's were gone almost indefinitely, sub par rifles selling for a premium...

I see one small change today, and its that handguns seem to be in shorter supply, but I recall that as well back in 2012.

Realistically, right now is actually better than 2012 was, but things can always get worse. 

I was getting into reloading back then and I couldn't find anything... not just bullets primers and powder but also dies and equipment was OOS

In 2014 I was still overpaying for powder..

I can buy powder and bullets at normal prices right now... primers are hard to find.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I was getting into reloading back then and I couldn't find anything... not just bullets primers and powder but also dies and equipment was OOS

In 2014 I was still overpaying for powder..

I can buy powder and bullets at normal prices right now... primers are hard to find.

Same here.

I bought some extra bullets just because, but my normal places still seem to have some.

Down to my last 500 small rifle primers and getting "low" on some others though...