leo-польд

Zero on 9mm and .223/5.56

20 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Isn't this old news? 

Its not like 2012 was that long ago to forget it was JUST AS BAD. 

Cheaper than dirt was actually selling cases of 5.56 for 800 bucks... 

I paid like 350 for a used 10/22, and couldnt find extra mags for it for like 8 months... Ar15's were gone almost indefinitely, sub par rifles selling for a premium...

I see one small change today, and its that handguns seem to be in shorter supply, but I recall that as well back in 2012.

Realistically, right now is actually better than 2012 was, but things can always get worse. 

I was getting into reloading back then and I couldn't find anything... not just bullets primers and powder but also dies and equipment was OOS

In 2014 I was still overpaying for powder..

I can buy powder and bullets at normal prices right now... primers are hard to find.

Idk back in the aftermath of Sandy hook, you can still find shotguns and buckshot. Now its tough to find a pump action shotgun with some buckshot. Pretty anything that can be used for self defense is off the shelves

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, always_an_eagle said:

Idk back in the aftermath of Sandy hook, you can still find shotguns and buckshot. Now its tough to find a pump action shotgun with some buckshot. Pretty anything that can be used for self defense is off the shelves

There are 450 listings on Gunbroker right now for just the Remington 870

And buckshot was in fact OOS or inflated in 2012 as well. I know because I bought a case of it in May and went to get more after the events and couldn't.

2012  is burned into my memory forever. I got into firearms In 2010.. by the time I was putting together a collection and stacking ammo, and was flush with cash... i found myself twiddling my fingers waiting for instock notifications and overpaying for everything.

many things I could not find back then, are at least available right now.. 

Like people were fighting over 10rd box mags for 10/22's.... i couldn't even get email notifications fast enough to catch in stock multiple times. Wasn't something I prioritized either, it was just amazing.

I've been playing close attention to all this since 2008 when we relaunched our shooting activities. Personally I think this is worse than 2012.

And I definitely remember the 2012 increase in gun sales, but not 8 million + in three months.

36 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

I've been playing close attention to all this since 2008 when we relaunched our shooting activities. Personally I think this is worse than 2012.

And I definitely remember the 2012 increase in gun sales, but not 8 million + in three months.

Youre probably seeing a lot of entry level firarms being bought up due to the surge, your standard handguns too. 

8 million in sales only equates to an increase of about 7 thousand firearms.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

This is a screenshot of a few days ago for gunbroker for maverick 88s. My buddy is looking to sell his and wanted to know how much they are going for now.

Screenshot_20200705-230310_Chrome.jpg

Look at the completed listings.  The security/ feild combo is going for 400-500, the standard fields look to be normal price.

I over paid for my 10/22 by about the same.

On 7/9/2020 at 3:35 PM, leo-польд said:

I don't know if anyone notice yet but there is no 9mm nor .223/556 nor 45acp etc anywhere in any online stores in US. Zero, zinch etc is available. I don't think it is just a panic and covid, it could be something different. Besides no Glocks and other guns in any dealer or store is sounds scary. $900 for glock 19 on gunbroker is reality? Is factories stop working? I don't remember it happen like last 10 years in this proportions, yes it was couple of shortages but not like this. And yes reloading components are also either out or expensive already. What is going on?

The Bush era shortages were as bad as this or worse because the components were all going to military and police orders. They literally stopped production on.380 for a couple of years because those machines can make 9mm. 

Additionally that went with a run up in the price of copper and lead.  

Inflation adjusted, if you could get it  case of 223 was like $500 at the cheap places. 

But yeah it's bad right now and possibly unprecedented for the demand for firearms. 

24 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

I'm keeping my guns, my ammo and my money! They can kiss my ass  at $549 for .223!

john.jpg

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I'm keeping my guns, my ammo and my money! They can kiss my ass  at $549 for .223!

john.jpg

But PSA is supposed to be a pro 2A company right? I’d rather buy from Dicks at the normal cost... things that make you go hmmmmm..... this was one of @vladtepes main points in the other thread lol!

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, silverado427 said:

that's insane.  I was going to sell some federal 62gr green tip (1k) to a guy on facebook for 425 which is well below where it's at in the market.  unreal

On 7/11/2020 at 1:17 PM, silverado427 said:

Jeez, is Cheaperthandirt is still shitty company right? How is PSA is different? 

10 minutes ago, leo-польд said:

Jeez, is Cheaperthandirt is still shitty company right? How is PSA is different? 

Because they have gouged the shooting community hard. Think $10 pmags for $40 and $799 cases of.223. I've only seen one place get close to historical ctd asshattery this go round. 

Holy shit.  I just went to ctd. $894 a case for pmc x-tac. $1244 for 55gr American eagle. 

Do yeah that's why fuck ctd. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, leo-польд said:

Look back in the Sandy Hook shooting and the panic buy that happened then. I remember seeing glock mags nearly sell for 100 dollars on cheaper than dirt. But don't be fooled. I am not liking these high prices on ammo. I am good on 9mm and 556 thankfully. But I am helping some friends find some 9mm.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/federal-american-eagle-centerfire-handgun-ammo

Cheapest I found 9mm fmj as of right now. Little hard to find some fbi loads for my model 10 but 40 is still available. I am gonna be picking up a M&P 40 at the end of the money.