vladtepes

Dicks in PA has 9mm

After what Dicks did,  no longer selling “assault-style” weapons.(you know these items as AR-15s and standard-capacity magazines, respectively), and would no longer sell firearms to anyone under 21

I would not BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM PERIOD. Why support an anti 2nd amendment retailer!

what's funny to me is everyone hates on them right... and I understand why.. but I go to these "pro 2A" sellers.. and I see 9mm for .35.... .45.. and up per round... I walk into the evil dicks sporting goods.. and they are basically selling ammo for the same exact price they always sell if for.. which means on the high side during normal times.. but a really good deal during crazy time.. it makes me wonder why all of the "pro 2A" sellers have to raise prices up so much.. when the company that pretty much openly hates guns can keep their prices exactly the same.. 

2 minutes ago, Bagarocks said:

After what Dicks did,  no longer selling “assault-style” weapons.(you know these items as AR-15s and standard-capacity magazines, respectively), and would no longer sell firearms to anyone under 21

I would not BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM PERIOD. Why support an anti 2nd amendment retailer!

because I indirectly support thousands of anti 2A businesses through my lifetime just like you do...

this can happen as simply as giving money to a company that pays an employee that then donates to some anti 2A cause.. it is impossible to escape... how could you ever account for every dollar you spend.. 

you go spend $100 at midway... then they pay an employee.. and that employee does what with that money... and then those people do what with that money.. the money you spend ends up supporting anti gun candidates.... anti gun laws... anti gun organizations.. because people are free to spend it on what they want.. 

I view it like this.. I am supporting a business that is putting ammo in my hands at a lower cost than ANYONE in the country at the moment... I want to shoot.. and they are helping me do that..  

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Bagarocks said:

and to dive a little deeper....

you support one of the largest anti gun machines to ever exist... the NJ government through your tax dollars.. which is exactly why I left NJ.. worrying about dicks sporting goods while living under the oppressive NJ government is like worrying about a faucet in your house dripping while the entire second floor is engulfed in flames.. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, vladtepes said:

I view it like this.. I am supporting a business that is putting ammo in my hands at a lower cost than ANYONE in the country at the moment... I want to shoot.. and they are helping me do that..  

The challenge is that Dick's is actively working against the 2nd Amendment.  It seems counter-intuitive since they sell some firearms/ammo, but money in their pocket will directly support 2nd Amendment advertising/propaganda.

Your direct dollars to Dick's is working against your rights to keep and bear arms.

The argument about indirect dollars is specious.  It's a general truism that could be applied to all dollars spent by anyone, not direct support to a specific vendor/establishment.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

.  It's a general truism that could be applied to all dollars spent by anyone, not direct support to a specific vendor/establishment.

and that is exactly the point.. money that you spend will end up in the pockets of people that want to limit your rights.. and you absolutely cannot stop it.. I mean as a former NJ resident.. that was literally my life.. pay taxes to a government that not only wants to limit my rights but has the direct power to do so.. and acts on it.. but what can you do about it.. you can limit yourself and try to only purchase from non anti 2A companies.. but to what end.. your money still will go where it goes.. either directly or indirectly.. 

and that is exactly the point.. money that you spend will end up in the pockets of people that want to limit your rights.. and you absolutely cannot stop it.. I mean as a former NJ resident.. that was literally my life.. pay taxes to a government that not only wants to limit my rights but has the direct power to do so.. and acts on it.. but what can you do about it.. you can limit yourself and try to only purchase from non anti 2A companies.. but to what end.. your money still will go where it goes.. either directly or indirectly.. 

The point is that you DO have control over your direct dollars and the way you spend them.  If you need a new baseball bat or sneakers Nike will get the money for it, and NJ will get the taxes, but you can absolutely keep Dick's out of the loop.

Particularly for guns and ammo sales it would send a direct message to Dick's if their public actions had an impact to their bottom line.  In the Wayne, NJ store for example, one of the managers said that firearms/ammo sales dropped off dramatically when corporate made the announcements regarding semi-auto sales (even though Dick's stores didn't carry them).  I heard that they don't even sell guns and/or ammo there anymore.

Again, you're free to spend your money any way you see fit, but directly supporting a retailer that is directly advocating against your rights (and an activity that they're luring you in for) doesn't make sense to a lot of people.

Would be like going to Staples to buy copy paper to publish a newsletter while they were actively advocating against free speech for small newsletter publishers. 

• Agree 1

VLADTEPES said

"you support one of the largest anti gun machines to ever exist... the NJ government through your tax dollars.. which is exactly why I left NJ.. worrying about dicks sporting goods while living under the oppressive NJ government is like worrying about a faucet in your house dripping while the entire second floor is engulfed in flames.."

Says you who lives in Pennsylvania and belongs to a NJGunforum??? So you just decided to personally attack me cuz deep down it hurts to know your supporting an anti 2nd amendment retailer? Moderators are here to moderate or attack posters?

I notice JackDaWack is of the simular opinion as I, yet you didnt comment or attack his post. Wonder why that is?

Last I checked yer Federal tax $$$ are used in the House of reps everyday, whenever they can thwart your 2nd amendment rights they do and will.

Oh wait thats right you live in Pennsylvania, They are exempt from Federal law I fergot.

While Im at it why is someone from Pennsylvania a Moderator on a NJ Gunsforum? 

Maybe you should go find a Pennsylvania Gun Forum to Moderate. So you wouldnt have to read from all of Us NJ taxpayers who support an anti gun State such as NJ.

• Haha 1
  • FacePalm 1

3 minutes ago, Bagarocks said:

VLADTEPES said

"you support one of the largest anti gun machines to ever exist... the NJ government through your tax dollars.. which is exactly why I left NJ.. worrying about dicks sporting goods while living under the oppressive NJ government is like worrying about a faucet in your house dripping while the entire second floor is engulfed in flames.."

Says you who lives in Pennsylvania and belongs to a NJGunforum??? So you just decided to personally attack me cuz deep down it hurts to know your supporting an anti 2nd amendment retailer? Moderators are here to moderate or attack posters?

I notice JackDaWack is of the simular opinion as I, yet you didnt comment or attack his post. Wonder why that is?

Last I checked yer Federal tax $$$ are used in the House of reps everyday, whenever they can thwart your 2nd amendment rights they do and will.

Oh wait thats right you live in Pennsylvania, They are exempt from Federal law I fergot.

Maybe you should go find a Pennsylvania Gun Forum to Moderate. So you wouldnt have to read from all of Us NJ taxpayers who support an anti gun State such as NJ.

You realize the owner of this forum is a PA resident now?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Bagarocks said:

VLADTEPES said

no.. deep down it doesnt hurt at all.. 

I was pointing out the irony of how people refuse to support one of the only companies selling ammo at a semi reasonable price AND has it in stock on the principal of not supporting someone anti gun when metric tons of your hard earned money go to suppress the very rights being preached about.. and the shear impossibility of not directly or indirectly contributing to the anti gun agenda.. 

you pay .40 cents a round on principal.. only to have the receptionist at that "pro 2A" company make purchases and donations that go to anti 2A causes.. money is too fluid to even think about exerting control.. your money will go on to do awful things.. and there is nothing you can do about it.. 

you will not win the war against gun laws by worrying about something so trivial.. you won't win it by crusading against politicians or companies.. and you won't win it by complaining on social media.. 

the war to preserve our rights can be won only one way.. and that is to make more shooters.. to increase the numbers sympathetic to our cause.. to date this year I have gotten several new shooters out to the range and all have purchased a firearm or are in the process of buying one.. 2 didn't want anything to do with guns.. but were close enough to me from work that they were willing to give it a try.. the very person who less than a year ago told me no one needs an AR.. would now like to own one one day.. now sure its only a handful of people.. but if every gun owner in America added.. 1.. 2.. 5.. new shooters.. you would start to see some progress.. 

now I never attacked you.. not even a little... I just pointed out that what was being said was silly.. at best.. 

lastly.. why am I a moderator.. well.. I am from NJ.. an I have been on this site for a really long time.. I think highly of the owner.. its members.. and its overall function.. and I would like to think that some members here have been helped by the information I have presented over time.. the questions I have answered.. the people I have taken time out of my life to meet and help with firearms some in person.. but you are a member here just as I am.. and you are certainly entitled to your opinion...  

5 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

first off , fuck dicks,

Secondly, I though they shut down anything firearms and hunting related in their store? First it was black rifles, then everything 

I think many of the stores have phased out firearms... but several have not.. it just depends on the location.. 

I knew making this post would irritate some.. but the intention was to try to help some people out that may be looking for ammo.. because at the end of the day what good is having guns if you can't find ammo.. or afford to shoot them.. 

4 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

The point is that you DO have control over your direct dollars and the way you spend them.  If you need a new baseball bat or sneakers Nike will get the money for it, and NJ will get the taxes, but you can absolutely keep Dick's out of the loop.

Particularly for guns and ammo sales it would send a direct message to Dick's if their public actions had an impact to their bottom line.  In the Wayne, NJ store for example, one of the managers said that firearms/ammo sales dropped off dramatically when corporate made the announcements regarding semi-auto sales (even though Dick's stores didn't carry them).  I heard that they don't even sell guns and/or ammo there anymore.

Again, you're free to spend your money any way you see fit, but directly supporting a retailer that is directly advocating against your rights (and an activity that they're luring you in for) doesn't make sense to a lot of people.

Would be like going to Staples to buy copy paper to publish a newsletter while they were actively advocating against free speech for small newsletter publishers. 

I've read their board meeting notes.. you are not sending any kind of message.. they don't care.. I promise.. the truth is.. they want to get out of the gun business.. as you pointed out.. but in some areas that doesnt make sense.. so while being "anti gun" they are selling readily available ammo.. in stock.. on the shelf.. for cheaper than ANY other retailer in the country.. 

so I prove a point how.. by not buying ammo? by shooting less? that will sure teach them.. spoiler alert.. they won't care.. it will make absolutely no difference to them.. 

as I said to Jack.. I get it.. normally I buy ammo from PSA, Brownells, and Midway.. but if they dont have it.. or they want to charge me twice as much as Dicks.. sorry... but I am going to go to Dicks.. because I am not going to stop shooting.. or shoot less to prove a point.. and I assumed others may be in a similar situation.. and may benefit from that information.. I was simply sharing information that may be of use to someone struggling to find ammo.. nothing more.. 

so I prove a point how.. by not buying ammo? by shooting less? that will sure teach them.. spoiler alert.. they won't care.. it will make absolutely no difference to them.. 

as I said to Jack.. I get it.. normally I buy ammo from PSA, Brownells, and Midway.. but if they dont have it.. or they want to charge me twice as much as Dicks.. sorry... but I am going to go to Dicks.. because I am not going to stop shooting.. or shoot less to prove a point.. and I assumed others may be in a similar situation.. and may benefit from that information.. I was simply sharing information that may be of use to someone struggling to find ammo.. nothing more.. 

You're arguing like a child.

Spending money and supporting an organization that is ACTIVELY trying to destroy your 2nd amendment rights is absurd on its face.  You pretending that GIVING THEM MONEY TO KEEP THEM GOING doesn't make a difference is just silly.

Why do you think people are so afraid of "cancel culture"?  They're afraid of it because it means they could lose out on sales and advertising revenue.  The sales and advertising revenue are the things that keep companies in business.  If people stop spending money at Dick's, Dick's will lose money.  If they lose enough money they will lose the contracts with the big brand names they carry and eventually shut their doors.

If gun owners stop purchasing guns and ammo from Dick's there will be a direct impact to the bottom line.  This has ALREADY been seen in their NJ location as they have been forced to abandon them.  How deeply will that impact the overall bottom like?  Hard to say, but any impact that's a reaction of a stupid corporate decision will make them think twice next time.

You're trying to argue in some kind of philosophical economic terms but you have no basis in reality. 

I get that you want to "be right" and don't want to think that you're doing something that doesn't help the 2nd amendment cause, but that's what you're doing.

56 minutes ago, vladtepes said:

I think many of the stores have phased out firearms... but several have not.. it just depends on the location.. 

I knew making this post would irritate some.. but the intention was to try to help some people out that may be looking for ammo.. because at the end of the day what good is having guns if you can't find ammo.. or afford to shoot them.. 

beggars cant be choosers

9 hours ago, vladtepes said:

what's funny to me is everyone hates on them right... and I understand why.. but I go to these "pro 2A" sellers.. and I see 9mm for .35.... .45.. and up per round... I walk into the evil dicks sporting goods.. and they are basically selling ammo for the same exact price they always sell if for.. which means on the high side during normal times.. but a really good deal during crazy time.. it makes me wonder why all of the "pro 2A" sellers have to raise prices up so much.. when the company that pretty much openly hates guns can keep their prices exactly the same.. 

Hey do what you gotta do.   But. I wont step in their store from a few years ago when they changed their firearm policy. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

You're arguing like a child.

Spending money and supporting an organization that is ACTIVELY trying to destroy your 2nd amendment rights is absurd on its face.  You pretending that GIVING THEM MONEY TO KEEP THEM GOING doesn't make a difference is just silly.

Why do you think people are so afraid of "cancel culture"?  They're afraid of it because it means they could lose out on sales and advertising revenue.  The sales and advertising revenue are the things that keep companies in business.  If people stop spending money at Dick's, Dick's will lose money.  If they lose enough money they will lose the contracts with the big brand names they carry and eventually shut their doors.

If gun owners stop purchasing guns and ammo from Dick's there will be a direct impact to the bottom line.  This has ALREADY been seen in their NJ location as they have been forced to abandon them.  How deeply will that impact the overall bottom like?  Hard to say, but any impact that's a reaction of a stupid corporate decision will make them think twice next time.

You're trying to argue in some kind of philosophical economic terms but you have no basis in reality. 

I get that you want to "be right" and don't want to think that you're doing something that doesn't help the 2nd amendment cause, but that's what you're doing.

I gave a couple hundred dollars to a company that is anti 2A.... your argument... that money goes to hurt our rights... 
OK.. fair enough but... 
YOU LIVE IN A STATE THAT IS ACTIVELY DESTROYING 2A... and you fund them.. directly.. you pay them to oppress you.... 

how do you stand on ANY ground to call me out over buying ammo... its obscene.. LOL
if you really believe all you say.. pack your stuff and leave NJ.. stop paying taxes.. stop funding the machine that is ACTIVELY killing 2A rights.. let me guess.. there is some "reason" that absolves you from scrutiny.. its too hard to move? you have kids in school? have a job that you dont want to lose? how many non-essential non-life sustaining things in NJ have you purchased and paid tax on that you didn't really need.. money that went right to that anti-2A org.. the NJ government.. 

I dont care about being right... I care that you are making ridiculous statements without even the slightest self reflection... how many THOUSANDS of dollars have you given to the NJ gov.. and what have they given you.. how "PRO 2A" are they... 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Hey do what you gotta do.   But. I wont step in their store from a few years ago when they changed their firearm policy. 

no worries.. I get it.. again the point was simply to give anyone a heads up that really needed ammo.. not to have some endless debate on how much of a death blow I levied against second amendment progression by buying some ammo.. LOL 

Just now, Golf battery said:

Learn to reload.  Im faaaaar from stranded for ammo.  

I know how to reload.. I used to reload 40.. and switched to shooting 9mm.. and just never got supplies for 9mm... obviously once all this nonsense is over I will get some 9mm supplies.. 

Less than 100$ for 9 mm dies.    Dont let them control you. Yes vladtepes.  I have my last child 3 years now graduating from highschool.   Nc is my next home.  Im a bit different from most.  I farm nursery stock.   So its not a quick move for me.  

• Agree 1