JohnnyB

PLEASE support Goya brand foods!

<image of delicious vast right wing Goya empenadas>

14 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Damn, that does look tasty!

Deep fried is the best, pan fried, pretty okay.  I wonder how they would come out in one of them new fangled air fryers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Deep fried is the best, pan fried, pretty okay.  I wonder how they would come out in one of them new fangled air fryers.

Hold my beer 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

I will give some a try this weekend!  Deep fried of course.....Everything tastes better deep fried!:)

pumpkin-hand-pies1.jpg

• Like 2

Okay....I ran right out to Acme and bought a bunch of Goya stuff!

I got boxes of both chicken and the beef empanadas and a box of beef taquitos.  I deep fried the taquitos per the instructions and they were pretty good!  I deep fried both types of empanadas and quickly realized that was a mistake!  They are precooked and require about 45 seconds in the microwave. DO NOT DEEP FRY! The outer shell gets burned right away and the insides are still frozen!

Not nearly as much stuffing as the picture shows!  That's my review!:)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zabuca said:

I don’t care for trump, but GOYA has donated millions of dollars worth of food during many different times of need, including food banks throughout the US as well as to Puerto Rico when hurricane Maria devastated the country. 

Goya is a great company!  They donated over 1.25 million pounds of food and water to be sent to Puerto Rico and Houston after hurricane Maria.  My National Guard unit has C-130s and we helped fly plane loads of their product out to both locations.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

DO NOT DEEP FRY! The outer shell gets burned right away and the insides are still frozen!

Your oil was too hot.  If you don't have one, look into candy thermometers.  That's what I use to regulate temp when deep frying.  I usually keep the oil around 325-350 depending on what I'm frying.  You are not making french fries, dial it down a few notches and I bet they come out way better.

48 minutes ago, njpilot said:

They have plantains that are good too. We eat them. I will be buying more to support them.

Unfortunately, greendick’s parent’s failed at raising a decent human being!

Have you tried yuca ? A guy at work told about it. I’m still not sure what to think of yuca.

14 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Have you tried yuca ? A guy at work told about it. I’m still not sure what to think of yuca.

Yucas awesome, it's like a sweeter more flavorful potato. Yuka fries with some chipotle mayo and a squeeze of lime is all you need. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

Post up a recipe.

Easiest way to cook it is to roast it, cut similar size pieces about 3/4 an inch , roast at 425 until tender. For my favorite chipotle mayo roast /grill some a handful of scallions, a vidalia onion, add a nice squeeze of lime juice , then blend it all with a can of chipotles (goya brand). Mix it with some mayo to your level of desired spicyness and drizzle it on. If you're really feelihg your hispanic roots, mix in some chile powder with tomato sauce and drizzle that on top as well for a lazy mans papas bravas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

Easiest way to cook it is to roast it, cut similar size pieces about 3/4 an inch , roast at 425 until tender. For my favorite chipotle mayo roast /grill some a handful of scallions, a vidalia onion, add a nice squeeze of lime juice , then blend it all with a can of chipotles (goya brand). Mix it with some mayo to your level of desired spicyness and drizzle it on. If you're really feelihg your hispanic roots, mix in some chile powder with tomato sauce and drizzle that on top as well for a lazy mans papas bravas. 

No hablo English amigo 

• Haha 1

I love Goya products, and have several of them as staples in my household. 

I have never looked into their politics...and I didn’t care (until now). They produce high quality products at a fair price.

There are several products they make that are on my ‘gotta try’ list, and I think this is the excuse to accelerate those plans. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 7/11/2020 at 12:07 AM, Mrs. Peel said:

It's that I'm just so damn SICK AND TIRED of this cancel culture - this abhorrent, evil attempt to silence and destroy people for "wrong think" - that I want to fight against it any way that I can. 

Cancel culture is the latest flavor of hypocrisy for tolerant liberals. It’s no longer enough to agree to disagree. Anyone who thinks differently must be destroyed. Companies closed, people put out of work, families made to starve. 

They are ardently begging for war. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Shelves were almost empty of Goya products in the local Walmart. 

Not sure if the whiners are causing Walmart to pull Goya, or its the backlash of another insane boycott.  I was able to snag this, tho:

108203404_10216618598366745_999594040677429354_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=AxC4og3O2D8AX-HAJh7&_nc_ht=scontent.fabe1-1.fna&oh=819f9e6e221652d0c928ea362361b95b&oe=5F331F8C

• Agree 1