revenger

The "murphy line"

one of the phenomenons growing out of the Chinese corona virus that I have been observing is what I call and should be called is the "murphy line".   These are lines of people getting to places to conduct business, make purchases, try to get a service well in advance of the business actually opening so they can  be first in line.   Similar to people camping out at MVC offices I see this now at banks.    For people who must conduct financial business in person and on a regular basis I have run into this.   went to try to deposit some checks yesterday a a TD bank in late morning and line was way too long for me to waste my time so I thought I would get to the bank this morning,  bank window opens at 9:30 so I got here at 9am with my coffee and sandwich and I was already the 6th car in line.    Knowing that TD bank specializes in slow motion even for a simple transaction I just drove by and will try again monday when I'm getting paid to wait in line.  

I opened an account in a different bank than TD to avoid the line for my business.  I also opened one for my personnel account as they pay interest on checking account.   plan on closing my Td accounts once I set up all my accounts to new bank.