tony357

9mm loads handgun/carbine

I will start with 1st carbine round I loaded up, have not run through chrono yet but is very accurate out of DSI- DS9 Typhoon NON-NFA.

115GR MONTANA GOLD BULLET JRN,  6.7 GR POWER PISTOL CCI MAGNUM SMALL PISTOL PRIMER.

WILL CHRONO THIS ROUND THROUGH SAME CARBINE WITH 147'S WHEN I GET TO RANGE.

9mm.jpg

other firearm.jpg

• Like 1

3 loads i will do 1st are 2 minor power factor and 1 major power factor if possible.

MINOR :  147 GR  IBEJ FP ACCURATE NO.5 4.9 GR CCI PRIMER  AOL 1.145

MINOR : 147GR IBEJ FP ACCURATE NO.7 5.8 GR CCI PRIMER AOL 1.145

MAJOR : 147GR IBEJ FP ACCURATE NO.7 6.7 GR CCI MAG PRIMER 1.145  LETS SEE IF THEY REALLY FLY FASTER THAN JACKETED BULLET AND PUT IT INTO MAJOR POWER FACTOR SHOOTING OUT OF 5 INCH 1911  MAY NEED LONG SLIDE 1911 ?

THEN WILL SHOOT ALL 3 OUT OF THE DSI.

6 hours ago, GRIZ said:

I'm interested in what you find with the 147s.  Chrongraphing factory 147s I usually found no velocity gain in carbines.  They stayed subsonic.  I actually saw some loads lose a bit of velocity in  carbine barrels. 

Now you have tipped my curiosity i assumed longer barrel would always increase fps.  I just finished installing split ductless in my reloading shed so i will get to loading up the 147's this week and make another range trip. i am also by myself working this week Mikey goes on vacation Tuesday and will be away for 6 days. The heat wipes me out during the day now besides starting at 5 am and finishing 7 pm most days. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tony357 said:

Now you have tipped my curiosity i assumed longer barrel would always increase fps.  I just finished installing split ductless in my reloading shed so i will get to loading up the 147's this week and make another range trip. i am also by myself working this week Mikey goes on vacation Tuesday and will be away for 6 days. The heat wipes me out during the day now besides starting at 5 am and finishing 7 pm most days. 

The issue, as I see it, is factory 147 gr loads get slowed down by barrel friction. I've seen a little gain in 10" MP5 barrels with 147s.

I'm watching for your results.