acaixguard

Possession of Other with standard AR

Quick NJ technicality question. Say one has an Other AR that meets the legal requirements, along with a standard AR (16") that is NJ compliant. I have read that one cannot have the components to build an AWB weapon (or SBR) in their possession. Technically though, the above individual is in possession, as he can just switch the uppers and lowers, and would then have 2 non-compliant rifles.

Does the "possession of parts/components" only refer to those that are not already part of another complete weapon?

I'm not a lawyer, but as the AR15 is designed to be broken in the middle, unless you were caught red handed with the Other NON NFA upper on the NFA AR lower and vice versa, you have done nothing wrong and this should not be a concern. I would go as far as saying that if you store them normally broken in half, even having the 2 sets in a dismantled state in the same safe should not be an issue....