70gto

Pinned and welded muzzle device

19 hours ago, StarGazer said:

Nice work.  What did you use as a pin?

I first drilled with 1/16 drill bit. Then I threaded the hole with an M2 tap and then used an M2 3mm set screw with thread locker and also covered the hole.

There is no way they are coming out even if I wanted to. I can weld the hole if I wanted.

Pinning is probably the best method. 

• Agree 1

On 10/7/2020 at 3:24 PM, antiriad said:

I first drilled with 1/16 drill bit. Then I threaded the hole with an M2 tap and then used an M2 3mm set screw with thread locker and also covered the hole.

There is no way they are coming out even if I wanted to. I can weld the hole if I wanted.

Pinning is probably the best method. 

How did you "Cover the hole"

On 7/12/2020 at 7:41 PM, RUTGERS95 said:

unless they've recently changed the law that I'm unaware, 16" and greater only requires a pin

14.5" must be pinned and welded with whatever brake to reach the minimum of 16"

I'm with you on this. Since it's just an evil feature, it should be the same as pinning your stock. Anyone ever weld their stock or just blind pin?

1 minute ago, ruckus43082 said:

I'm with you on this. Since it's just an evil feature, it should be the same as pinning your stock. Anyone ever weld their stock or just blind pin?

I use a 4-40 grub screw to lock the stock mechanism so that it cannot be adjusted. No welding needed. 

On 12/10/2020 at 7:08 PM, JT Custom Guns said:

How did you "Cover the hole"

I know this is an old thread, but I'm interested in the cover the hole part as well.

I always presumed JB Weld was a no-go, so was the cover done with a stick weld?

16 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I use a 4-40 grub screw to lock the stock mechanism so that it cannot be adjusted. No welding needed. 

I have the same on my one lmt, screw and threaded buffer tube. The welding part I threw in as rhetorical for effect, I know no ones welding their stocks in place  :-) 14.5" barrel I'll have a friend thrown a quick weld on top. 16" barrel just some jb weld over the pin and then alumahyde coating so you can't see it.