dajonga

NEW S&W 5906 & 5946 for sale

6 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I have a first generation S&W model 59 that I inherited from my father.  Are you saying it is a good pistol?  I  was never very fond of it and shot it very little!

I am saying my.model 59 and 39 are hyper accurate and never miss a beat...wanna sell it?

I wouldn't...  :)

the first through third gen semi smiths will be like the revolvers of the past are now....they r only going up in value...and will continue to...imo

7 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I have a first generation S&W model 59 that I inherited from my father.  Are you saying it is a good pistol?  I  was never very fond of it and shot it very little!

I can always adopt your model 59. Bring him home with all the other smiths. 

1 minute ago, Gunnz said:

I was looking at police trade in models, most had minor holster wear, some in great condition and priced in mid 300 range.

Good luck on finding on for that price. I am in the same boat also. Gonna be a while for me to get a 5906 with those adjustable sights for that price

6 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

Good luck on finding on for that price. I am in the same boat also. Gonna be a while for me to get a 5906 with those adjustable sights for that price

Classic firearms had excellent condition models in stock in March when I was looking.

I just got a in stock notice alert that they were in  stock a few weeks ago. I was in no position to buy, and all my permits were spoken for.

I do want one for sure, I am a little hesitant about buying from Classic, heard a bunch of horror stories ordering from them. I already used up one permit last month and one of my other permits is going for a M&P 40 that I will be picking up at the end of the month. So I will have one more to play with. It is either an other revolver,  a 45 acp or a compact 9mm. But perhaps I will look around for a 5906. My mom is applying for her permits for the first time so a  EZ shield in 380 is a top contender for her.

32 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

I do want one for sure, I am a little hesitant about buying from Classic, heard a bunch of horror stories ordering from them. I already used up one permit last month and one of my other permits is going for a M&P 40 that I will be picking up at the end of the month. So I will have one more to play with. It is either an other revolver,  a 45 acp or a compact 9mm. But perhaps I will look around for a 5906. My mom is applying for her permits for the first time so a  EZ shield in 380 is a top contender for her.

I’ve bought from classic once, Glock 23 gen 4, police trade in, paid a little extra for the handpick option, the pistol is pristine, maybe not issued.

ive read a few horror stories about them too.

14 hours ago, always_an_eagle said:

, I am a little hesitant about buying from Classic, heard a bunch of horror stories ordering from them

Classic is a bunch of "why don't you just move out of NJ" douche bags - as though it's that simple for many people. I refuse to accept transfers from them. Between their "since you live in NJ, you deserve to be screwed over" attitude and having them ship guns to me without ANY paperwork - therefore needing to Google the return address on the shipping  label to figure out who sent the firearm and then spend a bunch of time getting them to tell me who the gun is for - I had enough. Everyone should avoid Classic.

4 minutes ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

Classic is a bunch of "why don't you just move out of NJ" douche bags - as though it's that simple for many people. I refuse to accept transfers from them. Between their "since you live in NJ, you deserve to be screwed over" attitude and having them ship guns to me without ANY paperwork - therefore needing to Google the return address on the shipping  label to figure out who sent the firearm and then spend a bunch of time getting them to tell me who the gun is for - I had enough. Everyone should avoid Classic.

That is horrible service. What online retailers that specialize in police/military surplus do you reccomend? 

On 7/15/2020 at 9:56 PM, Tunaman said:

I think they are new examples of older versions not made anymore,  but some of the finest ever made.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

These came from S&W. Apparently they where holding on to them as replacements for PD guns that were sent back to the factory that couldn't be repaired.

The distributor that was selling them was told to sell them as "used", but they are unfired factory new in the case. I have one 5906 left for sale if anyone is looking for one.