Mr.Stu

IDPA Intro class - August 29

I'm running my Intro to IDPA class next month.

There's quite a few on this forum that have done it and they seemed to like it. If you want an easy way to transition from a static port to shooting on the move consider this class.

Read the details and sign up here: http://idpa-intro.eventbrite.com/

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, 70gto said:

Im new to this and signed up for this class, if I also want to do a qualifier, do I need to register with IDPA?

Yes. Go to http://idpa.com and register. Then you can give me your IDPA membership number so I can record your classifier in their database.

Stu:

Are the participants going to shoot the 72 round classifier COF - found here...

https://www.idpa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/IDPA_Standard_Classifier_Stages.pdf

Or the 5X5 classifier - found here...

https://www.idpaitaly.com/docs/2020 5x5-classifier.pdf

Just thought they may want to know so they can study them and know what to expect.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

ATTENTION PARTICIPANTS: Stu is a great match director and teacher. Also a hell of a shooter, especially considering he is a U.K. ex-pat (or maybe because of that). Enjoy your time with him and we'll see you at a match.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

Stu:

Are the participants going to shoot the 72 round classifier COF - found here...

https://www.idpa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/IDPA_Standard_Classifier_Stages.pdf

Or the 5X5 classifier - found here...

https://www.idpaitaly.com/docs/2020 5x5-classifier.pdf

Just thought they may want to know so they can study them and know what to expect.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

ATTENTION PARTICIPANTS: Stu is a great match director and teacher. Also a hell of a shooter, especially considering he is a U.K. ex-pat (or maybe because of that). Enjoy your time with him and we'll see you at a match.

It will be the 5x5. There won't be time to do the 72 round version and the rest of the material I need to cover.

16 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

Bumpity bump

Stu, is there a minimum you need to run this class? I'd hate for it not to run because you didn't have enough people, but would also understand why. I reached out to a friend that expressed interest in competitions to see if he'd like to attend.

5 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

That sounds like cheating to me ;)

4 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Stu, is there a minimum you need to run this class? I'd hate for it not to run because you didn't have enough people, but would also understand why. I reached out to a friend that expressed interest in competitions to see if he'd like to attend.

I would say the minimum to make it worth the day would be 6 - so 2 more than I have now. I can cut the number of helpers to make that work. I would like to have 8 or more.

5 minutes ago, kc17 said:

That sounds like cheating to me ;)

The classifier is a standardized course of fire that is designed to be repeatable again and again anywhere in the world. There is the full course and the short course, but each is repeated. Therefore, if you've ever shot one once, you're already cheating unless you then shoot the other course. After that you have to be cheating. lol.

5 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

I'm not sure what to make of that - are you saying you colonials could have still won if you hadn't dressed in earth colours and hidden behind trees?

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

On da fence

You promised!

15 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Stu.  If we dont have a match that day. ill check with bob.  I wouldnt mind coming by to help with anything if you need it. 

Thanks Ed. It will depend on how many sign up. I have 2-3 other SOs standing by.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

SH&t now I GOTTA go practice before I embarass myself.

Anyone have any good recommendations for mag pouch or pouches for two magazines for a glock ? for IDPA Competition, I hate buying stuff twice , so tell me what you fellas or gals like.  How big is that center 0 target in the middle of the target anyway? 6- inches 8 inches or 2 feet (WOULD BE NICE)? 

2 minutes ago, 70gto said:

SH&t now I GOTTA go practice before I embarass myself.

Anyone have any good recommendations for mag pouch or pouches for two magazines for a glock ? for IDPA Competition, I hate buying stuff twice , so tell me what you fellas or gals like.  How big is that center 0 target in the middle of the target anyway? 6- inches 8 inches or 2 feet (WOULD BE NICE)? 

Official IDPA Target

Blade Tech has a nice IDPA kit as well, though I don't think it will arrive before you take the class...

https://benstoegerproshop.com/blade-tech-complete-idpa-kit-holster-double-mag-pouch-and-belt/

That is a nice setup, quick question are the holsters required to have some sort of retention? (locking mechanism) for the gun so it cant be grabbed out of the holster by another person?  I have a safariland ALS type holster now .I think I will order it tomorrow looks like it has everything I need.

27 minutes ago, 70gto said:

That is a nice setup, quick question are the holsters required to have some sort of retention? (locking mechanism) for the gun so it cant be grabbed out of the holster by another person?  I have a safariland ALS type holster now .I think I will order it tomorrow looks like it has everything I need.

No, it's level 1 retention (Friction).  The Safariland ALS you have will work.  Just get a double mag holder.  Bladetech, Comp Tac, Etc.  If you really need I can lend mine out