Rickap7

Range Ear and eye protection

I have had Howard Leight electronic ear muffs for going on 12 years now.   They are a little beat up but work just fine.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1805652370?pid=671923&utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Shooting+-+Ear+%26+Eye+Protection&utm_content=671923&gclid=CjwKCAjwr7X4BRA4EiwAUXjbt3XxMfSgvrTjG6KtkRKqQ6ERU1x5PSoLtf-oeSA-f5NFwUGGWvfOQRoCRwsQAvD_BwE

As for eyes, I wear glasses normally, so I don't use anything but that.    Never had an issue in over 40 years.  Not saying it's not possible, I've just never seen anyone have an issue.    Even saw someone(well, the aftermath) have their rifle do a daffy duck split and curl back and nothing hit their face.  Shrug.

I like to keep it simple.  3M corded ear plugs from Home Depot.  They are very comfortable, I wear them all day landscaping.  You can sort of adjust the amount of blocking by how far you put them in.  They are also great for doubling up with muffs.  Very useful when you end up next to an asshat with an eardrum popping muzzle break that blasts you in the face.

Eyes are a whole other matter.  I have not found shooting glasses that I like AND hold up.  So far, the best pair I've found is made by Milwaukee (also at HD), they are milspec rated and fairly scratch resistant.

Current glasses are  pair of Wiley-X that I retired from motorcycle duty when the foam pad wore out. I have a spare in my range bag and another spare in my truck. Ear pro is Howard Leighton electronic. I have a pair of foam in my truck also.

The Decibullz did not work well for me, did not block enough and I had problems with my hearing for over a month after I used them for a day at an outdoor range even. The muffs do get uncomfortable after awhile especially in the summer; but worth it for me vs hearing problems.

For long guns I just use 3m ear plugs from Home depot because muffs get in the way of my cheek weild. Handguns I have a set of the Howard leight ear muffs. 

I only wear eye pro when at a range that requires them. Just some cheap ones nothing special. 

For handgun, earmuffs with the highest noise reduction ratio I can find.  Howard Leigh electronic if I need to hear range commands, otherwise I’m fine with passive. Foam plugs for rifle and shotgun, as earmuffs keep your face off of the stock.

Glasses always!   I’ve yet to find plastic ones I really like, but it seems impossible to find any made with safety glass anymore.  I love my old Bushnells.