bhunted

Any ongoing projects outside of gun related stuff?

:::::::: Post your 'not gun related projects! Whatchya got? :::::::::

This covid crap is driving me bat-shit crazy. I've been on lock down since 12/10/19 because of medical reasons. Then surgery and on the mend then they say you cannot do anything when the lock down started. Argh! :blink:

After a list of honey do's around the house, I decided to mod my new truck. My previous F150 was dedicated to the Thin Blue Line. Lease was up and the dealer couldn't wait to get their teeth into it.
Got a 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat. Down sized because I don't need a big truck down here. All with the intentions of getting ready for wife's retirement.

So this one I dedicate to the American Hero Chris Kyle. Read all the books, movie, etc... Belong to the CKFF and figured it would be something different and worth while.
It's considered Shadow Black, (high gloss black).... First things first. Get rid of all the badging and/or blacking them out. Then added mods like Punisher, tire tread and other decals, spoiler, hood scoop and over 12000 lumens of various lights, (Ditch lights, rock lights, 30"bar light, bed lights, rear pods, etc)... . It's like an effing UFO at night all controlled via wireless remote Trigger system.

From brand new to current with a lot of mods in between. Its an ongoing project with almost $10K of mods....

New_rt_side1.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

s1.jpg

bullet_800.jpg

fieldshot1_1024.jpg

• Like 2

Not done with truck like I mentioned but now another honey do I'm not looking forward to. My wife's new 'stang. My truck is easy to work on. Not so much with this stang.... ugh.... :(

19Stang_1024.jpg

7 minutes ago, bhunted said:

Not done with truck like I mentioned but now another honey do I'm not looking forward to. My wife's new 'stang. My truck is easy to work on. Not so much with this stang.... ugh.... :(

19Stang_1024.jpg

My heart bleeds for you ! Lol just playing. I always wanted a mustang, have fun with the mods, the truck looks awesome!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

My heart bleeds for you ! Lol just playing. I always wanted a mustang, have fun with the mods, the truck looks awesome!

Getting to old and broken for this low stuff. I bang my head every time and contort myself to get in and out. Told if she can drive it, I’m fine with it. She made her bed. She traded in her ‘17 Escape.

I’ll stick to my truck.

On the other hand, always a good reason to get rid of the pony for a new Bronco... :yahoo:

• Agree 1

Not a project but ive been fishing allot lately. My wife is studying for her insurance brokers licenses so ive been able to get out in my evenings off of work and the trout and landlocked salmon have been on the bite. Last week I caught 6 decent brookies in one pool without even moving my feet! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Not a project but ive been fishing allot lately. My wife is studying for her insurance brokers licenses so ive been able to get out in my evenings off of work and the trout and landlocked salmon have been on the bite. Last week I caught 6 decent brookies in one pool without even moving my feet! 

Nice, man.  I have yet to wet a fly this year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

Nice, man.  I have yet to wet a fly this year.

You're fly has never been wet? :yahoo:

3 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

I still have to carve out the time to swap my Hawk pads for the street pads on my 2001 Cobra coupe.

Where's the pictures bro?

Escaped Central Jersey and moved to Southern Jersey where I could finally have some elbow room! Went from a 40x120 lot to a 7 acre lot, finally have ALL my toys in one place! Been working on a new pole barn which is 40x60, yes, half the size of my ENTIRE LOT at the old homestead! Can't work on the race cars yet until I have the concrete floor poured, but been working on outside lighting in the meantime. I did not build the structure, I just watched!

f0LclYR.jpg

E3CoRJp.jpg

0Q9va71.jpg

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, M4BGRINGO said:

Escaped Central Jersey and moved to Southern Jersey where I could finally have some elbow room! Went from a 40x120 lot to a 7 acre lot, finally have ALL my toys in one place! Been working on a new pole barn which is 40x60, yes, half the size of my ENTIRE LOT at the old homestead! Can't work on the race cars yet until I have the concrete floor poured, but been working on outside lighting in the meantime. I did not build the structure, I just watched!

f0LclYR.jpg

E3CoRJp.jpg

0Q9va71.jpg

Interesting, they put the whole structure up before pouring the slab?

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I just spent two hours doing a simple oil & filter change on my truck, does that count?

^*^$#&()&(&^^$&^* dealer shop monkey put filter on too tight and/or dry. Needed my battery operated impact to get the drain plug off too. Same guy that over torqued the lug nuts. When I went to my truck, two of the lug nuts were missing the caps. I complained, the service writer got the monkey, he came out with a battery operated impact and couldn't get them off with that. I looked at him and said how do you think I was going to get them off on the side of the road? He had to take my truck back to his bay to get them off with the air gun.

WTH is it so hard to find a trustworthy mechanic?

4 minutes ago, kc17 said:

I just spent two hours doing a simple oil & filter change on my truck, does that count?

^*^$#&()&(&^^$&^* dealer shop monkey put filter on too tight and/or dry. Needed my battery operated impact to get the drain plug off too. Same guy that over torqued the lug nuts. When I went to my truck, two of the lug nuts were missing the caps. I complained, the service writer got the monkey, he came out with a battery operated impact and couldn't get them off with that. I looked at him and said how do you think I was going to get them off on the side of the road? He had to take my truck back to his bay to get them off with the air gun.

I drop off my wheels and new tires at a local shop, they do the dismount/mount/balancing, then I get them when they are done. No more clowns with their damn air guns! I can do most everything on my cars, the race cars are VERY simple!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Interesting, they put the whole structure up before pouring the slab?

Yes, this is how they build Pole Barns. It is not built like the typical garage, and not taxed as such either! To build this size structure on-site with footings/slab/lumber/sheathing/siding/shingles,etc.... would easily hit $125k. I should be around $70-$75k all-in. Concrete slab, apron, 4v4 pads outside of the man-doors will be done in two weeks, then time for lift installations!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Lazy... Pure and simple. I had new snow tires put on my winter wheels at a shop around the corner from me. First off, they snapped the wheels locks.. then when i brought them the original lugs to put back on they pounded them on with an electric impact gun. I said to myself, youre not going to torque spec them? Sure enough when i got home about every lug was loose at maybe 50ft.lbs. I know my tools... lol I know which ones are capable of the 110ft/lbs they should be specd at, and $100 dewalt was not gonna cut it. 

I hope no ones wheels fall off from that place. 

5 minutes ago, M4BGRINGO said:

I drop off my wheels and new tires at a local shop, they do the dismount/mount/balancing, then I get them when they are done. No more clowns with their damn air guns! I can do most everything on my cars, the race cars are VERY simple!

I've been thinking about doing that. Problem is I'd need a second set. Don't think I can fit four 18" wheels/tires from my 2500HD in the wife's SUV. I keep saying I want to get a second set for Winter anyway. Never have.

I'm waiting on the TPMS relearn tool from Amazon, then I'll be trying to rotate them. Should be more fun.

12 minutes ago, M4BGRINGO said:

Live and learn, im right there with ya. My jeep has never seen a mechanic and its had a lot of work, my wife hates it cause im always fixing it lol. I need a damn tire machine! 

I put new tubes in the bike with new rubber, and tires spoons are a SONOFABITCH. I even picked up a wheel balancer/truer for bike wheels.

4 minutes ago, kc17 said:

I've been thinking about doing that. Problem is I'd need a second set. Don't think I can fit four 18" wheels/tires from my 2500HD in the wife's SUV. I keep saying I want to get a second set for Winter anyway. Never have.

I'm waiting on the TPMS relearn tool from Amazon, then I'll be trying to rotate them. Should be more fun.

I could fit 4 honda accord wheels in the back seat of a honda accord coupe! And 4 35" x12" wheels in the back of a honda cr-v

16 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Yes, that would be an issue, you need a second truck!  :)  When I do my truck tires that is a PITA! That is when I borrow a friends truck to bring everything over, but I only have to do that every four or five years so no big deal.

I have that TPMS tool from Amazon, it works great. 

before:

0RvvGsl.jpg

mPnzWQ7.jpg

after:

0l1sRh8.jpg

whole car was like this. 15 years of neglect on the paint.

worst part has been, revealing all the little flaws and nicks I now HAVE to fix to make it look right for my OCD. :D

gallery pictures if anyone really wants to see more.

https://imgur.com/a/3F01SmF
https://imgur.com/a/AcMpXed

https://imgur.com/a/7ABTX27
https://imgur.com/a/kfgpPzd
https://imgur.com/a/dCc8Wup

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sota said:

before:

0RvvGsl.jpg

mPnzWQ7.jpg

after:

0l1sRh8.jpg

whole car was like this. 15 years of neglect on the paint.

worst part has been, revealing all the little flaws and nicks I now HAVE to fix to make it look right for my OCD. :D

gallery pictures if anyone really wants to see more.

https://imgur.com/a/3F01SmF
https://imgur.com/a/AcMpXed

https://imgur.com/a/7ABTX27
https://imgur.com/a/kfgpPzd
https://imgur.com/a/dCc8Wup

Ceramic or wax? Ive seen some stellar work done to bring paint back to life using those new ceramic coatings 

haven't even gotten to coating yet.

still on the compound/polish stage.  hoping to have all the heavy prep work done by end of this weekend, get the garage setup to do the final polish pass, then clean and Avalon King the whole thing.

applying any kind of wax or ceramic before fixing the paint is just a total waste.  you *think* it looks better, but until you really get in there and polish the paint you have no idea.  pictures really don't do it justice how much of a difference it is.

5 hours ago, Sota said:

haven't even gotten to coating yet.

still on the compound/polish stage.  hoping to have all the heavy prep work done by end of this weekend, get the garage setup to do the final polish pass, then clean and Avalon King the whole thing.

applying any kind of wax or ceramic before fixing the paint is just a total waste.  you *think* it looks better, but until you really get in there and polish the paint you have no idea.  pictures really don't do it justice how much of a difference it is.

Claybar and def ceramic....

• Like 1

I have three vehicle projects in various stages of progress.

The '56 Pontiac has been in my wife's family since 1958.  I pulled it out of the garage in NJ last October for the first time in 40 years and pulled it up to NH.  I've been slowly bringing her back to life.  Got it to the point where I drove my wife around the neighborhood a couple weeks ago and BANG - blew the trans putting it back in the garage.

The Mustang I've owned for 25 years.  I just finished putting in a new engine (347 Stroker) and trans (T5 z-spec).  Playing with it now to sort the fuel injection system.

The truck I bought a month ago as a project to flip, but it's growing on me.  It got 210k miles on it b ut no rust - unheard of up here - so I've been doing the typical maintenance on it - timing chains, tensioners, suspension - that's needed from the miles.  WHo knows, maybe I'll keep it.

I still visit my FFL every day or so just to hang out.  Every once in a while something interesting comes in.  Last purchase was an Iver Johnson Pony in the original box with papers.

IMG_2333.JPG

IMG_1845.JPG

61496129012__A7E86882-908F-4CF8-9E8C-AC2C2A413106.JPG

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, mustang69 said:

I have three vehicle projects in various stages of progress.

The '56 Pontiac has been in my wife's family since 1958.  I pulled it out of the garage in NJ last October for the first time in 40 years and pulled it up to NH.  I've been slowly bringing her back to life.  Got it to the point where I drove my wife around the neighborhood a couple weeks ago and BANG - blew the trans putting it back in the garage.

The Mustang I've owned for 25 years.  I just finished putting in a new engine (347 Stroker) and trans (T5 z-spec).  Playing with it now to sort the fuel injection system.

The truck I bought a month ago as a project to flip, but it's growing on me.  It got 210k miles on it b ut no rust - unheard of up here - so I've been doing the typical maintenance on it - timing chains, tensioners, suspension - that's needed from the miles.  WHo knows, maybe I'll keep it.

I still visit my FFL every day or so just to hang out.  Every once in a while something interesting comes in.  Last purchase was an Iver Johnson Pony in the original box with papers.

IMG_2333.JPG

IMG_1845.JPG

61496129012__A7E86882-908F-4CF8-9E8C-AC2C2A413106.JPG

Mustang looks nice. has that resto mod look.

2 hours ago, bhunted said:

Claybar and def ceramic....

Clay bar was step 4 way back in March. :D

wash (liquid ivory soap, no additives), degrease (simple green), iron remove (eagle one), clay bar.  I actually thought it looked good after the clay... boy was I wrong after the first panel and compound/polish!

• Like 1