bhunted

Any ongoing projects outside of gun related stuff?

4 hours ago, M4BGRINGO said:

@mustang69, what EFI system? I have been doing EFI since 1986. I run the new Holley stuff on both of my race cars. I go against the grain for sure! Faster car has been in the 8's at 156mph with some "help" from my blue bottle.........  ;)

I used the Fitech setup with an in-tank pump.  

10 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

Not the kinda supercharging I was thinking about... 

Funny that you mention it. It's a pure joy to watch cars with supercharger, sport cars (or wonnabe sport cars) trying to keep up with your acceleration, making noises and smoke. This little Chevy is doing 60 miles in 5.5 sec. Not only this, but the torque is consistent, so it does 60 to 120 for the same 5.5 sec. Not easy way to beat this with a piston engine. 

0-60 in 5.5s? A Google search just came up at 6.5s which is pretty standard for a low teir sports cars, or anything around under 4000lbs with a standard NA v6.

My curiousity is peaked, where did you get 5.5s from? 

I got nothing against electrics. I've been watching formula E since it started 

1 hour ago, Amazon said:

This little Chevy is doing 60 miles in 5.5 sec. Not only this, but the torque is consistent, so it does 60 to 120 for the same 5.5 sec. Not easy way to beat this with a piston engine. 

While the Bolt is quick, it's not that quick. All sources that I've found quote a 0-60 mph time of 6.5 seconds. And your 120 mph is pure fiction, considering the Bolt has a governed top speed of 91 MPH.

I'm a dinosaur so I drive dinosaurs - give me cubic inches and naturally aspirated horsepower.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

On 7/17/2020 at 11:44 AM, Pizza Bob said:

While the Bolt is quick, it's not that quick. All sources that I've found quote a 0-60 mph time of 6.5 seconds. And your 120 mph is pure fiction, considering the Bolt has a governed top speed of 91 MPH.

I'm a dinosaur so I drive dinosaurs - give me cubic inches and naturally aspirated horsepower.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

lol, I just set the ignition timing on the bike the other day using contact breaker points!

I love this mechanical stuff!! I could have upgraded to a EI unit, but there is no fun in that 

5.5 is what dealership guy told me the dedicated sport mode gives you(there is a button). It feels really quick. If google says 6.5 I stand corrected. And I’m not against big rigs. Week ago I returned my leased RAM 1500 after 3 years playing with this big toy. 

4 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Without nitrous, my car goes 0 to 112 in 6.4 seconds in 660ft. With nitrous I was going o to 156 in 8.8 seconds in 1320ft....... Car with me in it was 3400lbs, so far lighter than a street car, but I still have my full interior, carpet, headliner, power windows and door locks! But no A/C, no heat, no stereo, and only a 5 gallon fuel cell so it ain't going far! And yes, still has mufflers on it, I don't like my cars to be loud!

The electric vehicles are pretty amazing though, like the Teslas. A ton of money also. Several Hypercars have electric drive motors PLUS a real piston-driven engine and put out well over 1000hp with all three going at the same time! But, I am a few hundred thousand dollars short of buying something like that. Would much rather have a Krieghoff shotgun than one of those cars.............  :)

• Like 2

On 7/17/2020 at 4:48 PM, M4BGRINGO said:

Would much rather have a Krieghoff shotgun than one of those cars.............  :)

Holy crap! I never heard of them and just looked at the prices. Who shells out that dough for a shotgun? The thing is basically just a pipe. 

1 hour ago, Handyman said:

Holy crap! I never heard of them and just looked at the prices. Who shells out that dough for a shotgun? The thing is basically just a pipe. 

I suggest you check the prices of some of these expensive pipes then...

http://secure.griffinhowe.com/usedgun-sg.cfm

4 minutes ago, Malice4you said:

I suggest you check the prices of some of these expensive pipes then...

http://secure.griffinhowe.com/usedgun-sg.cfm

Heck yeah! I just want to look rich! What's the difference between a Timex and a Rolex? They both show the time, one is a few bucks, the other thousands of dollars............. I am a Timex-kinda guy myself! Heck, I don't even wear a watch, I look at my cell phone.

2 hours ago, Handyman said:

Their USA headquarters is in Ottsville, PA. In the mid-70's JCPenney in Wilkes-Barre, PA was a Kreighoff dealer. The head of the sporting goods dept was a big trap shooter and wanted access to them at cost. LOL. He spoke of taking a wood rasp to his to fit the stock to him.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Agree 1

For that kind of money, it had better provide some serious pleasure. I'm not going to describe the pleasure outside of the 1a Lounge. 

I guess they sold the $295,000 one - i don't see that in the list anymore. Unless it was a new one.  It is nice of them to put a few on sale to $68,500 from $73,000. Makes it a steal, a gun for the everyman.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 10:39 AM, kc17 said:

I just spent two hours doing a simple oil & filter change on my truck, does that count?

^*^$#&()&(&^^$&^* dealer shop monkey put filter on too tight and/or dry. Needed my battery operated impact to get the drain plug off too. Same guy that over torqued the lug nuts. When I went to my truck, two of the lug nuts were missing the caps. I complained, the service writer got the monkey, he came out with a battery operated impact and couldn't get them off with that. I looked at him and said how do you think I was going to get them off on the side of the road? He had to take my truck back to his bay to get them off with the air gun.

WTH is it so hard to find a trustworthy mechanic?

not fer nuthin, but what kind of gun did he have? my Milwaukie is rated at 1200 ft lb. so far, it's managed to handily shame my old ingersol rand. 

that said.......i personally hand torque lug nuts. 

For that kind of money, it had better provide some serious pleasure. I'm not going to describe the pleasure outside of the 1a Lounge. 

So your getting a 410 then? 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

not fer nuthin, but what kind of gun did he have? my Milwaukie is rated at 1200 ft lb. so far, it's managed to handily shame my old ingersol rand. 

that said.......i personally hand torque lug nuts. 

I don't recall, or if I got close enough to properly identify.

Not exactly a project, but I signed up for a "virtual run" of the Amtrak Northeast Corridor from NY Penn Station to Boston.

It sounds kind of hokey, and it is.  I log in every day to record my running miles, and the program displays my progress on a map, along with a listing of how all the other participants are doing. I signed up thinking it would probably be just me and a couple of other guys, but turns out there are over 1000 people going the various distances.

It runs the entire summer, from July 1st to August 31st, and so far I've made it about halfway, so barring injury, I'm in good position to make it there by the middle of next month. 

https://runsignup.com/Race/Results/93614#resultSetId-200216;perpage:100

On 7/17/2020 at 4:48 PM, M4BGRINGO said:

Without nitrous, my car goes 0 to 112 in 6.4 seconds in 660ft. With nitrous I was going o to 156 in 8.8 seconds in 1320ft....... Car with me in it was 3400lbs, so far lighter than a street car, but I still have my full interior, carpet, headliner, power windows and door locks! But no A/C, no heat, no stereo, and only a 5 gallon fuel cell so it ain't going far! And yes, still has mufflers on it, I don't like my cars to be loud!

The electric vehicles are pretty amazing though, like the Teslas. A ton of money also. Several Hypercars have electric drive motors PLUS a real piston-driven engine and put out well over 1000hp with all three going at the same time! But, I am a few hundred thousand dollars short of buying something like that. Would much rather have a Krieghoff shotgun than one of those cars.............  :)

I would love a K-20 Parcours. Someday............

On 7/22/2020 at 2:41 PM, Handyman said:

You pay money? To run???

What's the deal with the guy in first place? There is really some 73 year-old fartknocker throwing down 5:45 miles over 22 hours?

Lol to your first sentence.  It is indeed silly.

Thanks for clicking on the link.  I saw that old fart cranking out 5:45 miles, and I mentioned to a few friends that something was weird. Turns out the guy is disabled, and riding a hand crank wheelchair (essentially a bicycle).  I felt like such a dick for bad mouthing him.