Sign in to follow this  
45Doll

For 1950's Monster Movie Buffs Only

2 hours ago, 45Doll said:

It's the 2020 version of THEM!

OK, they're not as big. But there's a ton of them!

I can't believe a studio hasn't done a remake of that one. It could be cool with much better SFX. They could also turn it into a train wreck. 

15 minutes ago, brucin said:

I can't believe a studio hasn't done a remake of that one. It could be cool with much better SFX. They could also turn it into a train wreck. 

It would be a likely candidate. But I'm not sure the actor quality today would deliver equivalent results.

THEM! (exclamation point) is in my Top Five monster/science fiction movies of all time. Given the premise, it couldn't have been much more realistic. The direction and dialogue was also totally believable. 

Another of my Top Five movies is The Day The Earth Stood Still. The remake had great effects and a good story line with some enhancements. But they just had to include the race relation twist in the cast, and Keanu Reeves could have played the robot.

2 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

It would be a likely candidate. But I'm not sure the actor quality today would deliver equivalent results.

THEM! (exclamation point) is in my Top Five monster/science fiction movies of all time. Given the premise, it couldn't have been much more realistic. The direction and dialogue was also totally believable. 

Another of my Top Five movies is The Day The Earth Stood Still. The remake had great effects and a good story line with some enhancements. But they just had to include the race relation twist in the cast, and Keanu Reeves could have played the robot.

The Day The Earth Stood Still remake was OK. Almost a train Wreck.

When the Google assistant first came out you could use your own phrase to activate it Mine was Klatu Barata Nicktau I'm sure it's spelled wrong.