Could anyone offer their opinion about shooting a 10 inch 3/8 inch thick ar500 steel gong on a homemade hanging stand? I structured it so the gong is hanging on a 20 degree angle to eliminate ricochet possibilities. Nothing anywhere says that steel is not allowed. Obviously it would only be used at the 100 yard distance, but I just wanted some other opinions.

22 minutes ago, AmericanGun1776 said:

Could anyone offer their opinion about shooting a 10 inch 3/8 inch thick ar500 steel gong on a homemade hanging stand? I structured it so the gong is hanging on a 20 degree angle to eliminate ricochet possibilities. Nothing anywhere says that steel is not allowed. Obviously it would only be used at the 100 yard distance, but I just wanted some other opinions.

Aren’t the guidelines spelled out here? 

https://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/ranges.htm

32 minutes ago, Old_Hunter said:

Aren’t the guidelines spelled out here? 

https://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/ranges.htm

I suppose it says: " All target frames must measure a minimum 30 inches from its base to the bottom of the paper target held in the frame." However, I was just curious because I feel like they would say "absolutely no steel." I suppose you're reading it as in saying paper, they imply the exclusion of any other target. Just a thought but thank you I will stick with paper.