Cheflife15

In ear ear protection

3 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Return used in-ear hearing protection?  Eww...  Nobody wants that.

Get some Decibullz.  You can custom mold 'em to your ears.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00WIXL4UM/

I tried those and they were terrible. It sounded like i was shooting without them. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

I tried those and they were terrible. It sounded like i was shooting without them. 

Did you fit them to your ear correctly?  Did you put the actual plugs into the holes?  I've got at least 4 sets that have worked flawlessly.

5 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Did you fit them to your ear correctly?  Did you put the actual plugs into the holes?  I've got at least 4 sets that have worked flawlessly.

Im assuming i didn't if this is the case! I definately had the plugs, maybe my fitting was off. Im gunna try the hearing armor and report back. Thank you

8 minutes ago, marlintag said:

For indoor ranges I go with my earplugs made by Radians followed up by some generic hearing muffs. If it's an outdoor range, I just use the earplugs made by Radians. Radians are awesome!!!

Seems like they have multiple different types. Which one are you referring to?

I use Otto Noizebarrier Micro. They are pricey, but work brilliantly. I can wear them all day at a match without discomfort. They lock down really fast and do not have an excessive delay to opening up again.

https://www.otto-comm.com/NoizeBarrierMicro

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

I use Otto Noizebarrier Micro. They are pricey, but work brilliantly. I can wear them all day at a match without discomfort. They lock down really fast and do not have an excessive delay to opening up again.

https://www.otto-comm.com/NoizeBarrierMicro

Geez, for this price it better make me a better shooter too! 

2 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Geez, for this price it better make me a better shooter too! 

Nope. The amount of money you spend on equipment trying to acquire ability is inversely proportional to your actual gains in that ability.

3 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Well, Stu's one of the best shooters I know so maybe?

You're very generous. Thank you.

1 hour ago, marlintag said:

I use "Radians Resistor 32", they seem to be on sale now at amazon.com. They were a few dollars more when I bought them, mine are USA made.

Careful if you buy these on Amazon — there is a listing there for 1 pair for $4.00+

Another listing seems to be a jar of 25 pairs but has a sizing chart then says 1 size fits all ???  — just be sure what you are ordering

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Heavyopp said:

Careful if you buy these on Amazon — there is a listing there for 1 pair for $4.00+

Another listing seems to be a jar of 25 pairs but has a sizing chart then says 1 size fits all ???  — just be sure what you are ordering

200 PAIRS for like 23 bucks shipped with prime. Im sold.

Great addition to go under my Pro Ear Golds

3 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

Nope. The amount of money you spend on equipment trying to acquire ability is inversely proportional to your actual gains in that ability.

If we're applying this with regard to ear protection, then I should be a Grand Master. LOL

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

You're very generous. Thank you.

I'm not seeing how the correlation you made here can be accurate, but to each his own. I still use the cheap generic ear muffs that my father bought me decades ago. It works as good as the day he bought it and does not hinder or improve my shooting abilities. What ever equipment used, whether it be cheap or moderately priced is fine. The only time I become a gun snob is when discussing, researching,  and purchasing self-defense ammo. :p

10 minutes ago, marlintag said:

I'm not seeing how the correlation you made here can be accurate, but to each his own. I still use the cheap generic ear muffs that my father bought me decades ago. It works as good as the day he bought it and does not hinder or improve my shooting abilities. What ever equipment used, whether it be cheap or moderately priced is fine. The only time I become a gun snob is when discussing, researching,  and purchasing self-defense ammo. :p

It isn't limited to hearing protection. It's a mild jab at the people who think that upgrading a trigger, or a new set of sights, or a whole new gun will upgrade their shooting ability. It doesn't and it won't.

If you learn to shoot well with a spongey striker fired gun (Glock, M&P, etc.) or a long double action revolver you will shoot guns with easier triggers even better. If you skip learning on the hard stuff, you'll only be able to shoot the easy stuff.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

4 hours ago, Heavyopp said:

Link?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00286R5NE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_id3hFb4FS0NZR

5 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

Im looking for standalone ear protection. 

Both are technically stand alone, but I'd rather 26 + 32 NRR over either alone 

The pro ears are amazing, but their not cheap. I have the more ergonomic predator series.

6 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

It isn't limited to hearing protection. It's a mild jab at the people who think that upgrading a trigger, or a new set of sights, or a whole new gun will upgrade their shooting ability. It doesn't and it won't.

If you learn to shoot well with a spongey striker fired gun (Glock, M&P, etc.) or a long double action revolver you will shoot guns with easier triggers even better. If you skip learning on the hard stuff, you'll only be able to shoot the easy stuff.

You forgot sig

2 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00286R5NE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_id3hFb4FS0NZR

Both are technically stand alone, but I'd rather 26 + 32 NRR over either alone 

The pro ears are amazing, but their not cheap. I have the more ergonomic predator series.

Thanks, just picked up a box along with a set of silicone aviator earpads to fit on my behind the head peltors — $14 for the avaiator replacement pads vs $50 for the replacements from peltor — supposed to fit with a little work

Something new on the market - may be worth a look...

https://proears.com/product/stealth-elite/

I use these - indoors and out. Inexpensive and light weight. They are an acquired taste - still "sounds" loud, but apparently it attenuates the sound and makes it less damaging.

https://www.amazon.com/SensGard-SG-31-Lightweight-Hearing-Protection/dp/B00S1JQUR4

Adios,

Pizza Bob

On 7/26/2020 at 11:52 PM, Golf battery said:

Hearing armor.  Got them at shot show to demo.  Better than anything else there ive tried.  

Just updating, i purchased these and they're amazing. Great protection, comfortable and they stay in place. Might pick up an extra pair just incase. 

2 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Agreed.  Purchase price?   And from where?  I thought their msrp was a bit much and color needed to be changed.   But yes.  When i wear them it seems like 34 decibel muffs.  

Bought them right off amazon for 25 dollars. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyB said:

Can you provide a link Chef?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.amazon.com/Hearing-Armor-Earplugs-Medium/dp/B088TFT1XN&ved=2ahUKEwiIpK3wloPrAhUSVN8KHS_ADdsQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw1ocB6mC-2b_J3jExbGYfzx

That should work. My phones a pita. It opens the amazon app when I get to the website. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2020 at 10:26 AM, Cheflife15 said:

Im assuming i didn't if this is the case! I definately had the plugs, maybe my fitting was off. Im gunna try the hearing armor and report back. Thank you

It may not be you messing up. I got some decibullz. They are impossible to fit to my ear according to the instructions. They are most definitely geared towards the middle of the bell curve.

• Agree 1