eyeinstine

My home made press mount and riser

A few pics of the press mount i whipped up with some scrap steel i had laying around. A wee bit heavy, added metal as i went, obviosuly took any and all the flex out. :lol:

Adding the MEC 650 was an after thought  to the nearly completed mount.. I had to add the 4" channel along the flat bottom plate since that thin metal was flexing just a little while using the press. Once i knew i had to add some strength to the base, i came up with the 4" channel and a mounting spot for the MEC 650..  The intent is really only to have one press mounted at a time, but as you can see in the pics, nothing from stopping me from leaving both mounted and just spinning the whole assembly around on the bench for which press i want to use..  An added bonus of all the weigh,t and the weight of the MEC 650 while mounted, i was able to process 9mm brass without even bolting the press to the bench.. I threw two bags of lead shot on the mount plate and it all stays nice and tight just sitting there..  When not using the press(s), i just just store it under the bench freeing up the whole top to work on or clean guns. Or other household projects..

All this, and ive yet to actually reload a round... :icon_lol:      Getting closer!

IMG_6036.jpg

IMG_6037.jpg

IMG_6038.jpg

IMG_6039.jpg

IMG_6040.jpg

IMG_6041.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Hah.   Nice.  The prep is more fun than the action

Yes, true! I think im repeating myself again, but i enjoy the search for deals on equipment and supplies as much or more than actually shooting... Kinda like hunting. I love to hunt, i love to sit in a tree stand and day dream and watch nature...  Im actually not always all that thrilled when a shooter comes into range; i know im gonna have to gut the damn thing and drag it back.. and pay the butcher... :icon_lol:

10 hours ago, carl_g said:

Nice!! That looks like a great set up.

Thanks Carl.. I actaully impressed myself a bit with how well it came out..  Even tapped threads in the mount holes so its quick and easy to bolt the presses on and off..

Found some nice orange to kinda match the Lyman t-mag press too.. :icon_e_wink:

If i wasnt just using up scrap steel, it definiatley could have been made a bit simplier and lighter..  Though i think the weight is a benefit in this instance.. It is definiatley rock solid!

31 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

Thanks Carl.. I actaully impressed myself a bit with how well it came out..  Even tapped threads in the mount holes so its quick and easy to bolt the presses on and off..

Found some nice orange to kinda match the Lyman t-mag press too.. :icon_e_wink:

If i wasnt just using up scrap steel, it definiatley could have been made a bit simplier and lighter..  Though i think the weight is a benefit in this instance.. It is definiatley rock solid!

Ktm orange @carl_g

2 hours ago, Greenday said:

I love seeing home-made innovation. Anything that could potentially speed things up is where I'd like to improve.

I love doing stuff like this, just never seem to find the time.. Even this simple press mount took me for ever to get too, and then forever to actually get done..  To completely finish it off, i want to install additonal wood blocking under the cheap partical board bench top, then drill and add T-nuts from underneath the top so i can just use tool free thumb screws to quickly fasten down the press mount, and quickly remove it when not needed..

I spent most of my life making and fixing shiit..  Growing up kinda poor, and still not living the financial dream, forces one to learn to be self suffucient, resourceful, and diagnose and repair and or make things; from the car to the washing machine. Ive fixed it all a time or two...

• Agree 1