Purple Patrick

WTB Chest Freezer

35 minutes ago, MAYBEN said:

I know you’re looking for a chest, but we’re in Sparta and likely moving from our stand up freezer. It’s a decent size, not huge. 

Patrick has first dibs. But if he passes on,  hit me up when the time comes. We MAY be able to work something out.

what are you getting?

1 hour ago, Purple Patrick said:

looking for a small to medium chest freezer that's relatively energy efficient since I'm finally buying a house

anyone have one in Somerset or Morris county?

Go for @MAYBEN stand up. Chest freezer are bottomless holes that food goes to die  in.

Oh and I miss you and Cyndy 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, WP22 said:

Patrick has first dibs. But if he passes on,  hit me up when the time comes. We MAY be able to work something out.

what are you getting?

We’re getting a full size fridge/freezer.. our kitchen one has seemed lacking of space. 

Try some of the dent and ding specials at appliance stores.

We've purchased from Uneeda Appliance's basement on several different occasions.

I purchased a freezer chest a few year ago when I started deer hunting.  If had to do it over again I would go with a stand up freezer.

https://www.shopuneedaappliances.com/

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 10:32 PM, gleninjersey said:

FYI - I've hear freezer chests are about as difficult to find right now as ammo.  

You many want to check places like Craigslist as well.  

Good luck.

They are tough to come by! Been sorta in the market for one since the early spring. I went to HD for some garden stuff last week, and swung by the appliances to inquire about chest or stand-up freezers in stock. Was met with a slightly more than an a chuckle LOL. Not many online at the big box stores. Amazon has some by no-name companies. 

On a whim, yesterday I called Warwick Valley Appliances (local to me) and they had chest AND stand ups in stock and ready to go maybe 6-7 or so in various sizes. I wanted a stand up, but would buy a chest at this point, so I swung by. The owner, Scott, was really helpful, and  mentioned they had more of both types coming in today. One of the items on the manifest was a GE 17.3CF stand up auto defrost, so I stopped back today, he helped me load it up, and it now resides in my basement.

Might be worth a ride for anyone looking, but call first to see what they have. (845) 988-5550

Very happy with their service and follow through.

• Informative 1