JustDrewIt

New to guns and forum!

Hey everyone,

Lifelong NJ resident, new to guns and this forum. Recently received my FID and went shooting for the first time last week. Excited to be a part of this community.

Looking to gain some useful knowledge and potentially purchase a firearm or two. Looks like I came to the right place.

See y'all around in here.

Drew

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Not an artist. Pork roll is the only suitable name for pork roll!

I went to The Gun Range in Philadelphia; my friend knows the owner. I was surprised to learn that our lovely Governor banned gun rentals in NJ due to COVID(wtf?)... So I can't shoot here for the time being.

I haven't bought anything yet, I was able to shoot a Glock 17 and an H&K VP9 SK. My hands were way too big for the VP9. I was surprised at how well I did, although I had very low expectations. I was able to stay within the first two rings center mass on pretty standard target paper at 25 feet or so about 40-45 of the 50 rounds I shot with the Glock. I discarded the paper I used with the VP9; looked like a giant piece of swiss cheese... ha!

I really want to get a pistol ASAP, but none of the stores have anything in stock, and I'm hesitant to buy anything online before I've had a chance to hold or shoot it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JustDrewIt said:

Not an artist. Pork roll is the only suitable name for pork roll!

I went to The Gun Range in Philadelphia; my friend knows the owner. I was surprised to learn that our lovely Governor banned gun rentals in NJ due to COVID(wtf?)... So I can't shoot here for the time being.

I don't believe that rental thing is true - the ranges here like Gun for Hire and RTSP and others are still renting.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, JustDrewIt said:

Bought a gun yesterday! Someone told me to check out rkguns and I found an M&P 22 compact in the low $300s. Plan to put a few thousand rounds in that, then upgrade to a 9mm once all my noob issues are worked out.

Super psyched!

Welcome & Congrats.

Fair warning if you stick around here and follow LGS fb sites it will be far from the last. I just, as in minutes ago, bought another (used) pistol from a fb ad. Bad part is I've got a three week wait for my 30 days to be up.

Please consider following and joining/supporting one or all of the 2A Orgs we have in NJ that fight the good fight on a daily basis.

• Agree 2

Ha! If all goes well the balance of this month, I won't be picking up my last gun until January 2021.

Actually, if I'm successful I'm going to do a multiple purchase exemption again.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Reminds me of a conversation I had with my brother the other day. We were discussing his upcoming first trip the range with me and I was giving him  a run down of the guns I had he could test. His response was something along the line of "you have all of those, I thought you just had the one?!"

Just one, HA!

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2