kc17

Number two down, working on more

After numerous years of "working" on them, I've gotten my good friend and brother both working on or about to start the process of getting their FID & first firearms. For those that saw my thread about introducing my nephew to target shooting, that's my other brother. He's a Former Marine and had a firearm long before I did (I have multiples more than he now though).

A good friend / co-worker got his FID before I knew him, but never got a firearm due to some concerns his son had at the time. Since his son has moved out, I've been working on him to get something. He's not anti-gun, if anything he's more right-wing than I and his father is a retired Newark cop. I'm not sure what his reason for the delay is now.

I'd like to see my parents armed/protected but they have zero interest/concerns. I haven't given up though.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

On 7/29/2020 at 5:46 PM, kc17 said:

A good friend / co-worker got his FID before I knew him, but never got a firearm due to some concerns his son had at the time. Since his son has moved out, I've been working on him to get something. He's not anti-gun, if anything he's more right-wing than I and his father is a retired Newark cop. I'm not sure what his reason for the delay is now.

I asked him again yesterday when he was getting something so we could go to the range. He gave his typical weak excuse, but then said he was thinking about getting a shotgun. It's a start.

I didn't mention this in the original post, his (adult) daughter has talked about wanting to shoot. I've of course offered to take her. She just missed out on one of the WOT events.

This morning, she texts him to ask if her boyfriend (almost fiance) can use him as a reference for his FID. She's not getting hers yet she said, just him. I think he wants it to make it easier for them to go to ranges and rent.

Then he starts talking about who he can use as a second reference for a P2P.